Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Well, I'm at the 3 month mark. No analogs, not even a puff in 3 months. Man do I want an analog tonight. I don't want it anymore than I wanted one when I first switched, so I'm in no jeopardy of giving in. It's just I hadn't had a craving like this in a while. I can't imagine I'm not alone, and I'm familiar with the 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months things people experience.

I ain't complaining, well ok, maybe grousing :) But Reoville is my home and if I'm not feeling up to par I know someone will chime in and help me out. I love this place (Reoville) and my limited number of friends on ECF came from Reoville. So, in spite of being a private kind of person who wears his heart under 30 layers of chain mail, I open up to you all.

I know I'm not the only one in this boat, and maybe someone else is right where I am, right now. If so, join me. And don't give in!

Fleet

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
During the first year, I used to dream about smoking all the time. I only remember one real bad craving a few weeks after I'd made the switch, and I just vaped like a research monkey until it went away. 3 months after the switch, I decided to try a real cigarette, just to see if I was really done with them. I couldn't finish 2 puffs - it tasted disgusting, and left a film in my mouth that was so nasty that I couldn't brush my teeth fast enough. After 40 years of smoking, I was completely shocked.

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
I had really bad cravings the first 3 weeks, come to find out I was using terrible, terrible equipment for my first 3 months. Cigalikes sold to me from a vendor in a mall. They had refillable liquid, and for the first few weeks sometimes I would just put 3-4 drops on my skin to get the nicotine I needed (in addition to trying to vape) Thank goodness I drove by an actual vape store.

After that I was good to go until right about the 6 month mark. I had cravings for a week. Didn't succumb, I have been analog free since I started vaping.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Also it helps to focus on all the good things you are doing for yourself rather than dwelling on the cravings. You smell better personally, your nose works better, food tastes better, breathing is easier, you save money, no burnt clothing etc. THeres a lot of good there that you've done for yourself so think about that and vape your head off.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Well, I'm at the 3 month mark. No analogs, not even a puff in 3 months. Man do I want an analog tonight. I don't want it anymore than I wanted one when I first switched, so I'm in no jeopardy of giving in. It's just I hadn't had a craving like this in a while. I can't imagine I'm not alone, and I'm familiar with the 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months things people experience.

I ain't complaining, well ok, maybe grousing :) But Reoville is my home and if I'm not feeling up to par I know someone will chime in and help me out. I love this place (Reoville) and my limited number of friends on ECF came from Reoville. So, in spite of being a private kind of person who wears his heart under 30 layers of chain mail, I open up to you all.

I know I'm not the only one in this boat, and maybe someone else is right where I am, right now. If so, join me. And don't give in!

Fleet

I am with you Black6host….for some reason the past few days It will hit me. It doesn't last long but it irritates me that I still get those urges.

I am not going to let it get me this time. Over 100days and happy about it.

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I've had a few cravings. I just remember when my wife and I first started vaping. When we would leave the house and come home and open the door that old smoke stench would hit me in the face and almost make me sick. After I think about that there is no way I could go back to that and the craving would leave.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Right around the 3 month mark I started having intense lucid dreams where I would be smoking. I'd wake up in a sweat and feel really disappointed in myself until my grey matter kicked in and I'd realize it was just a dream.
I found that having ECF to learn from and tinkering with coil builds were quite helpful in keeping my mind preoccupied (and I hadn't even found Reoville yet :) )

Hang in there, Fleet. We'll be sitting back having a vape and congratulating you on your one year before you know it!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I think one of the biggest myths some people have about vaping is they can leave decades of smoking history behind in a matter of weeks. The overzealous souls trying to drop to zero nic in a few weeks of vaping. Perhaps not.

Most of us have to fight with pretty bad cravings when we start vaping. That's a phase unto itself. After that they just seem to pop up at certain mile stones: 30 days, 90 days, six months... My last "out of the blue" craving fit was at nine months in. I don't think I've had a craving for a cigarette since.

If you are one of the lucky many where the smoking experience goes gross on you when you start vaping, the craving fits aren't that big a deal. I still can recall what my last cigarettes tasted and smelled like and it still makes be shudder. If you are among the unlucky who still find something you like about smoking you need more of a distraction: As Rob said - temporarily change up your nic level. A drastic change in the flavor you are vaping helps too. And this isn't the time to be slack about your kit. Make sure you have everything clean that needs to be cleaned or replaced to be getting the best vape experience possible.

It will pass. And the frequency and intensity of the cravings just fritters out with time. But no - all that history with smoking just doesn't all disappear overnight.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
i just hit some higher nic juice for a while. That always works.

T

I've been playing with a lot of variables. Lower ohm coils. Reo instead of eGo and CE4's etc. I dropped my nic level a week or so ago and all was well. Now it's not. Going to go fill a new bottle with higher nic and vape it a bit. I know this will pass, it's just a question of how hard does my resolve need to be.......

I'm hoping going back to a higher nic level for a while will take care of the short term problem.

And to all: thank you for your kind words and suggestions. There ain't no place I'd rather be than where I am. And I happen to be in Reoville.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I lowered my nic a few weeks ago and that lasted about 2 days before I bumped it back up. I think I will hang out at 12mg for a bit longer.

I built a sub-coil this evening and have just about chain vaped myself in a comma on the new SL. This little beast gets warm about 1/4 of the way down if you hit it hard enough.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
I lowered my nic a few weeks ago and that lasted about 2 days before I bumped it back up. I think I will hang out at 12mg for a bit longer.

I built a sub-coil this evening and have just about chain vaped myself in a comma on the new SL. This little beast gets warm about 1/4 of the way down if you hit it hard enough.

Yeah, I just filled a bottle with 24mg juice, what I started with when I quite analogs. (Was 2.5 PAD) I moved to light sub-ohming and had to lower the nic content to about 18mg (or less, was mixing my own and was very conservative in my mixing so I was under my target of 18mg if anything.) Been ok with that for about a week or so. But tonight, I just had these cravings and they were intense. Using 24mg purchased juice seems to have taken care of it. Will cut down again shortly.

I also have to add there has been tremendous stress in my life lately (very acrimonious divorce, sole caretaker of a 5 year old son and I'm 56......) I think it all just added up and conspired against me. I'll stick with the higher nic juice for a few days (as I said, I was ok for a week or so at the lower level so I should be ok again with it....). I'm sure stress is playing a big role in my cravings..... You'd think that vaping at a lower nic level, initially, would be hard but would ease up after a week or so and that's exactly what happened. Then bam! Stress level way up... I need a stronger mix for a bit........

Good news is that I haven't succumbed to the analogs. And back when I was smoking, if my stress levels went up I smoked more. So I guess this is par for the course.

If anyone wants to hear my woes, maybe be a sounding board or just lend an ear, feel free to PM me. I'm not a whiner but I don't have much of a support system in the community I live in. Sometimes it's just good to talk things through. But I won't do that on a public forum. Not fair to those who don't want to hear it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread