09.jpg
09a.jpg
09c.jpg

cg

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
I'm committing to the printer. Once I get the finished piece I will post pics. As it stands, one end has a ~20 intent for a Vamo-sized brass spring and the other side has a square intent for a 15x15mm/1mm piece of copper for the positive side. It should be a breeze to wire up and make look neat :) .

12.jpg

I'm using Sketchup, at the moment. It free, so that's a plus. What do you guys use?

cg

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Nice. What is the width, length and height? Will these fit in a Hammond 1590B? Where are you getting that square of copper for the contact?

Thanks :) . It's designed to fit the bigger 1590's, 77mm inside width. The size is 76.7 × 31.2 × 38.2 mm. The square of copper I get from eBay: 2pcs Laptop GPU CPU Heatsink Copper Shim 15mmx15mmx1 0mm | eBay

They have 0.5mm/depth squares too.

I have one being printed in yellow, to contrast my orange MNKE :D .

A member of this forum has been gracious enough to also print one. Today's been a good day.

I'll post that Hammond box number in a moment.

cg

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
More crickets, huh? Come one guys, this is just the beginning! I have a design idea that's functional like a lot of other products, with design elements I think are new. I'm taking in all that's been done and improving things into one device. No cloning. I dunno when I'll get done with the design, but it'll come eventually.

*Edit* Let me clarify, the battery holder in and of itself is not related to the 'new' thing, but the process of 3D design and printing is - for me. :)

cg

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I think many wanting use of 26650 mod go with a pipe style --cause huge!
its an absolutely monstrosity of a battery and a holder makes it even bigger.
If I could bend and shape some thin alum it would be more reasonable but finding an enclosure
that doesn't beep :blink: cause huge when I walk backwards is hard find.

Niice holder tho

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
I think many wanting use of 26650 mod go with a pipe style --cause huge!
its an absolutely monstrosity of a battery and a holder makes it even bigger.
If I could bend and shape some thin alum it would be more reasonable but finding an enclosure
that doesn't beep :blink: cause huge when I walk backwards is hard find.

Niice holder tho

Thanks! The enclosure I am using is 110x83x44mm. It's not huge, just bigger than your normal Hammond 1590 - it's still in the 1590 family.

20140720_132700.jpg

20140720_132709.jpg

20140720_132731.jpg

What chip? OKR, Raptor, DNA, SX?

DNA30, a legit one. I have a China version coming too, but that going into something else. I would have loved to have stuck an SX350 in this thing, but that'll have to happen later.

I'm taking pics along the way, so I'm probably going to do a build thread. My soldering skills leave much to be desired, but I am going to make the inside very clean/orderly. :)

cg

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
That is absolutely giant
my mitts are stubby.

Thats badarse btw but yeah basketball wrestler mod.

To some its still small

andre-holding-beer-can.jpg

Ha! Nice pic reference man! I have smaller hands too (not tiny, but a med/large instead of large for gloves, etc... - big palms, stubby fingers, lol), and it fits nicely. I would have preferred something a little smaller, but you take what you can get, and the size I was looking for just didn't exist. :)

cg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread