Crown 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Am I the only one that thinks the crown 3 sucks? This is my second day with it and have about 4 tank fulls through the .25 coil, and the flavor still sucks. Its nothing like my baby beast or tfv4, brit beast, and even the crown 2 had better flavor. I searched and seen ppl say they are underrated so i tried it at 90-110, got better, but still not that great. I can tell its passed the break in, because the break in period had no flavor at all. Taste like what id imagine vaping vg/pg without flavor added would taste like. Now i get some flavor, just not that great. Cant chain vape it, i have to pull the top cap off every few hits to get some flavor, if i let it sit for awhile after taking the top cap off, thats the only time i get some what decent flavor, but even then its still nothing compared to the tanks mentioned above. Not even close. Idk why ppl are all hyped up on this tank. The flavor is garbage. I know flavor/taste is subjective, but not when its barely there.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
What other tanks do you have to compare it to?
I pulled it apart n washed everything except the coil. It did get better, but its still nothing to rave about. I currently have the same juice in my baby beast with a with a .6 coil and the .25 coil in the crown 3, the flavor from the baby beast is so much better. Much thicker and more full flavor. The crown 3 just taste flat/dull in comparison, and the coil in the baby beast is over 2 almost 3 weeks old and has had prob 10 dif juices through it lol. The crown jus does something funky w the flavor. Its good, but far from great imo

• Useful

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I havent tried the big baby beast, but i love my baby beast and brit beast, which use the same coils. Coils that came with the baby beast were fine for me, but the others i bought were better. So far any coil i used for both had great flavor. I just got a pack of the medusa coils, and those are pretty good too.

The crown III is well made, but the flavor just doesnt pop. Its decent, but def dont get all the notes. Its too airy. With the air flow almost completely closed, it gets better, but hot. Same for setting the wattage above the recommended. Flavor gets better, but really hot. A lot of ppl bash on the crown II, but the flavor is great imo. I feel as if the crown III was geared more towards cloud chuckers, and the II was geared more towards flavor chasers. I got the II after it was out for awhile so the v4 coils were already out, and i got it on sale for 10-11 bucks. Great buy. The 3 i paid 35, and i kinda wish i went with something else. Other than my drippers, my smok tanks, tfv4, babh beast, n brit beast are my best tanks, they are better than my kryten and medusa.

Between tanks, rda's, rdta's, i have 12 attys, and my smok tanks are almost just as good as my rda's and rdta's. The c3 is def at the bottom of my attys. Vgod trick tank, hadaly, limitless rda, medusa, kryten, the bb's, tfv4, crown 2 and 3, double vision rda, pulse 24, and the guardian that came on the vaporesso target mini, i dont even use that tank anymore. I need to get a squonk for the 3 bf rda's. Gettin sick of dripping lol. Jus hard to find one i really like. They're all pretty much the same with the exception of the lost vape drone, which i cant find anywhere but online.
I have a big baby beast and stock coils barely had taste imho, now using the rba deck for it which is 100x better. Can't say about the crown 3 but people seem to like it for the most part.

• Useful

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I have 2 baby beasts. I love them. I personally have no problem with my crown 3 but you are right the baby beasts are better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You don't get vapor lock? I constantly have to open the top cap to get flavor back or it starts getting muted every few puffs.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I thought the Crown III was terrible. I bought two of them due to the colors and reading a few good reviews. I get muted flavor with not so great vapor production. Messed around with them for a while but gave up. I use one for a real strong menthol I use every once in a great while. The other tank sits in the drawer of misfit vape stuff I bought on a whim and gave up on.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I thought the Crown III was terrible. I bought two of them due to the colors and reading a few good reviews. I get muted flavor with not so great vapor production. Messed around with them for a while but gave up. I use one for a real strong menthol I use every once in a great while. The other tank sits in the drawer of misfit vape stuff I bought on a whim and gave up on.
Ya im not a fan. The flavor it jus real flat. Sucks cause uwell finally got a coil right that last a long time w/o dry hits. I still have the .25 that came in it and its still fine. I dont use it often anymore, here n there, but the amount i have used it/amount of refills through it im shocked its still going. I almost want it to crap out so i can pop in the .5 and try that one lol.

I just got the smok spirals plus and the vaporesso revenger with the nrg and they both are great tanks. Crown 3 is the worst or maybe bottom 1-3 of the 16 attys i have. Its too early for me to think right now of which atty i have that may be worse but there may be one or two, may be, its a close call since i haven't used a a few of them ina while.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
This same thing happened to me with the first pre installed coil. I changed it out to a .25 and it’s just fine now

You werent getting good flavor with the .25 it came with but got better flavor with another .25?
Mine came with the .25 installed and a spare .5. I havent used the .5
Was your .5 that came with it as bad as the .25 that came installed? You bought other .25 and they were better than the one it came with? How was the .5 it came with compared to the .25 that came installed?

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
Am I the only one that thinks the crown 3 sucks? This is my second day with it and have about 4 tank fulls through the .25 coil, and the flavor still sucks. Its nothing like my baby beast or tfv4, brit beast, and even the crown 2 had better flavor. I searched and seen ppl say they are underrated so i tried it at 90-110, got better, but still not that great. I can tell its passed the break in, because the break in period had no flavor at all. Taste like what id imagine vaping vg/pg without flavor added would taste like. Now i get some flavor, just not that great. Cant chain vape it, i have to pull the top cap off every few hits to get some flavor, if i let it sit for awhile after taking the top cap off, thats the only time i get some what decent flavor, but even then its still nothing compared to the tanks mentioned above. Not even close. Idk why ppl are all hyped up on this tank. The flavor is garbage. I know flavor/taste is subjective, but not when its barely there.
I had the same problem with the pre-installed .25 coil I switched to the other .5 coil and I had flavor but no vapor. I then purchased more .2 fives and it’s been good ever since but you do have to run it around 100 W and it’s pulling almost 7 V to get it other than that it’s a good tank but I prefer my smock cloud beast V-8 with the horizon tech Arco to t6 coil’s at 100 W More vapor and flavor than smacks T6 at 130 W

• Useful

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I had the same problem with the pre-installed .25 coil I switched to the other .5 coil and I had flavor but no vapor. I then purchased more .2 fives and it’s been good ever since but you do have to run it around 100 W and it’s pulling almost 7 V to get it other than that it’s a good tank but I prefer my smock cloud beast V-8 with the horizon tech Arco to t6 coil’s at 100 W More vapor and flavor than smacks T6 at 130 W
Oh ok cool. Maybe there is still hope for this tank lol. Ill have to give it a shot. Have you had any vapor lock or leaking? I get both which is also a reason i stopped using it.

If i dont close the airflow while filling then put the top cap on and tip it upside down then open the air flow, it leaks. If i leave juice in the tank and dont use it for awhile, it leaks. If i dont keep the tank loose and open the top cap every few puffs, it gets vapor lock and dry hits.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
Oh ok cool. Maybe there is still hope for this tank lol. Ill have to give it a shot. Have you had any vapor lock or leaking? I get both which is also a reason i stopped using it.

If i dont close the airflow while filling then put the top cap on and tip it upside down then open the air flow, it leaks. If i leave juice in the tank and dont use it for awhile, it leaks. If i dont keep the tank loose and open the top cap every few puffs, it gets vapor lock and dry hits.
It does have more vapor lock issues than anything I’ve ever had which is a shame because it’s very nicely put together tank now I’m using the cloud beast with Horizontech Arco 2 coils and I have had no problems whatsoever. Hopefully since the crown three is such a popular tank they will make some better coils like new ones that is

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread