Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mack

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
New York
New firmware release from joyetech Notes say:

Newly Added SMART Mode
This time, we added the new Smart Mode for the Cuboid. The Smart Mode will aromatically save ten groups of output settings. Each resistance contains an output power setting. It can be adjusted and will be saved once you changed the output wattage.
When ten groups of profiles are saved, the first profile will be deleted if a new resistance is added. And it is the same to continue.
firmware-V3.11.png

Wattage Down Setting Available
Now, the output wattage can be adjusted up and down as you wish under VT mode.
1. Press the fire button 3 times to enter the menu.
2. Press the left regulatory button, and the second row will blink.
3. Press the right regulatory button you can adjust the wattage then. Left button to decrease, right button to increase.
4. Press fire button to confirm.

After playing with it for some time now, I don't see where the 10 profiles are being saved and how to scroll them... But I do see it remembering the wattage that you used for a device/coil..
example.. I used my Herakles V2 tank at 70w, then I switched to my Glacier V2 and did dripped at 95w.. When I put the tank back on it adjusted back to 70w..

If this was the plan for the update then I guess it is a cool option, but without it showing what the wattage is set at you will always have to double check by hitting +/- to see what it is. Otherwise you are just blindly firing because the meter shows you no information..

Might just be me, but just seems a little lacking.. I would rather have that "Smart Mode" working with the same original display instead of the meter, so you can see right away that it has read your device, the coil resistance, and has adjusted the wattage to your previously used setting...

But that's just me.... What do you think..???

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
The concept is I think, it adjusts by itself. If I swap from my 0.15 dual stainless steel to a more tootle puff 0.7 SS in my taifun, it automatically drops the wattage. If I swap them out again, it raises it again.
I think it kind of remembers the coil setup?
Anyway ... that empty display isn't very appealing... Let's see how they adjust it over the coming FW releases :)

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
I was hoping that this newest update would include an option to lock your fire button. I've ended up with smoking pockets when I forgot to turn off my device. Not sure if I'll update it at this time....see how the other users like it or not first.

edit: The wattage down in temp mode is a plus! I didn't like having to roll over 200 if I missed my target wattage I wanted to set.

Reactions: Sean Mack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread