VapeCige Vtbox200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I had a 5 ml juice leak one day. I got juice on the balance connector. I didn't realize this till changing the battery and all was well till I left the mod sit for a few days and it drained the #3 cell down on the new battery also. It is OK now.
More on the story here:
DNA 200 Watt
And here:
Balance charging not working? - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum
I'm going to do the same to the original battery, I'm quite sure there is nothing wrong with it.
BTW, my friend finally got his black and white Vapecig box from FT a couple of weeks ago and his battery has an XT 30 or XT 60 connector on the battery, I forgot which one. The door on his is screwed on .

Well I hope that fixes it permanently for you. Though it should have balanced it for you without you needing to run wires from your I4 to get cell 3 to match the others, It's supposed to be a balance charger after all. At any rate hopefully it stays balanced for you for the long run.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Well I hope that fixes it permanently for you. Though it should have balanced it for you without you needing to run wires from your I4 to get cell 3 to match the others, It's supposed to be a balance charger after all. At any rate hopefully it stays balanced for you for the long run.
I gave the original battery to my friend to balance it with his RC charger, he said it didn't /couldn't do it. I'm going to go get it now and do the same thing to it. The onboard charger finished charging the replacement battery after I brought #3 up to 3.98, the other two were 4.0 and it balanced it. I think the board just balances really slow, like it would have been days.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Make that with heavy every.
12208609_1100768886614001_779354673254229863_n.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So I posted a few posts back about my friend's BTbox200 he got a couple of weeks ago having a XT-60 connector on the battery and screws on the battery door. Tonight I was looking at it and noticed that the black and white paint was not paint but the rubber-like VS coating. I'm surprised I didn't see that posted already, but oh well.
Edit: I guess it was mentioned in one of the FT reviews.

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
So I posted a few posts back about my friend's BTbox200 he got a couple of weeks ago having a XT-60 connector on the battery and screws on the battery door. Tonight I was looking at it and noticed that the black and white paint was not paint but the rubber-like VS coating. I'm surprised I didn't see that posted already, but oh well.
Edit: I guess it was mentioned in one of the FT reviews.
Mine black/white has the soft touch finish.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dwcraig1

LitoBandito

Jul 23, 2015
So. I've had my VTBox 200 (white/black s/n 2843) for a week and a half. I don't use it except in the evenings because it has become my dripper king. Every evening I go through approx 7 to 8 mL of juice. The VTBox battery lasts a little longer than two days with this use. A LOT less than I expected. I'm vaping at 70 W with one to two second hits. If I was going to use this for my primary "All-Day" mod, I would probably switch out the battery.
Otherwise, I am happy with this mod. It is heavy. But I like that heft. It feels solid and fits my hand well. No problems yet after I updated everything with eScribe. I've got my TC curves in (thanks Sweet Spot Vapors!) for both 0.4 and 0.5 wire. Works great. Straight kanthal (24 gauge) works good too but I notice a little heat trail (let off the button but vape keeps coming as the coil cools) for a second after I let go of the fire button. No real problem as I just keep pulling as i cools. I haven't tried smaller gauge kanthal yet because I am being lazy about making coils.

Overall I am very happy with this mod. I like the look and feel of it plus I know I will be able to take it apart to truly mod it in a few months. Primarily, I am not in love with the 510 connection. It works. It just looks cheap and the throw of the connector is short. But in the end, I am glad I waited and got it.

Halvatore

Dec 3, 2015
I have my VTBox200 black-red since last week Saturday and I really love it.
But I can´t switch it on anymore since today, the Screen keeps just black. Only when I plug it in via USB. As soon as I plug it in, it works normally for around an hour or so, also when I unplug it.
I also checked for some kind of hidden Stealth or lock-mode, but this isn´t the case. I will try to reboot the box today or check for a firmware update again.
Has anyone ever had the same problem?

Halvatore

Dec 3, 2015
When i unplug it, the Box keep´s working as usually, so I do not think that is the problem. Also when it goes in to sleep mode. But it happend today allready a few times, that it doesn´t turn on anymore and the screen keeps black.
But thanks for the answer. I will try now a Hard Reboot and a firmeware update, hope that will solve the problem.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I have my VTBox200 black-red since last week Saturday and I really love it.
But I can´t switch it on anymore since today, the Screen keeps just black. Only when I plug it in via USB. As soon as I plug it in, it works normally for around an hour or so, also when I unplug it.
I also checked for some kind of hidden Stealth or lock-mode, but this isn´t the case. I will try to reboot the box today or check for a firmware update again.
Has anyone ever had the same problem?

This seems similar to your problem. Looks like the solution was to RMA. But a Hard Reboot and a Firmware update may help if you have a corrupted firmware.

VT200 won't wake from sleep - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum

Halvatore

Dec 3, 2015
This seems similar to your problem. Looks like the solution was to RMA. But a Hard Reboot and a Firmware update may help if you have a corrupted firmware.

VT200 won't wake from sleep - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum

Update from my side, tried several things like soft- and hard reboot, but nothing helped. I also opend the box to check if there is anything wrong but couldn´t find anything suspicious. So i went to my vapor dealer, who gave me a new one and this is working fine since 2 days, but this is a black/ white one now.
Also I have to mention, that we opend 3 boxes in his store, till we found a Box, which is working. The others didn´t charge when pluged in. Those were all black/red boxes with 35.. serials.

LandyMan

Sep 13, 2014
South Africa
Hi everyone,

Been using my VTBox 200 since end of October with no issues. I also have a Wismec Reuleaux and managed to find a nice discharge profile for the LG batteries I use in it.
Does anyone have a discharge profile for the VTBox 200 V2 that you have generated by doing the battery test? I can't seem to find one anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
soooo I ordered the VTBox200 originally right when it popped up. After all these delays I finally cancelled it and waited for newer revisions (they were glossy painted originally right?).

A few weeks ago I ordered again and it got shipped today! :) So I am in in a few weeks.

What is the minimum I have to set up in EScribe? I have the VS DNA200 but everything was preconfigured there. Watt hours? Case analyzer?

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
more than 5 month later... I just got my VTBOX! lol. Finish is beautiful. I have a serial of around 8000. Currently charging, then escribe and then I hope it works as expected :) Actually I am excited hehe

I guess there is not enough space for a dual 18650 sled, right?

Last edited:

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
I tried the stupid settings that vapecige recommends: Cut off at 3.6V (why? wtf?) and 18Wh.

End result: A complete mess. The mod is empty at 45% lol

14.5 Wh work well so far (and the cut off back to 3.1V). It is empty at 10%. So either the LiPo gets better or I lower it again. In the end the mod holds 3x TFV4 tanks at 85W (triple coil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread