Curious about the stockpilling, show it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
So I read alot of posts here about all the stockpilling that is going on.
I am in Europe, so things are not quite as dire as in the States, but I am very curious on what you peeps have in the stockpiles right now.
So show us your pictures of your complete stockpile :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So I read alot of posts here about all the stockpilling that is going on.
I am in Europe, so things are not quite as dire as in the States, but I am very curious on what you peeps have in the stockpiles right now.
So show us your pictures of your complete stockpile :)
I have 8 mods, about a dozen attys, and flavors to make ejuice for 5-7 years. Went 0 nic 12/28/2015.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I have only just begun! I will take a photo on August 8, when my stockpile should be at its most impressive. :p

So far, I have purchased 10 Kayfun RTAs, 3 Origen RDAs, 1 Provari (will be getting more), 4 mech mods, 4 liters 100 mg nic (will be getting more) along with smaller storage bottles, PG, VG, and Kanthal wire.

I have various shopping carts being filled up, including one with all the items I'll need to start building coils (something I have never done before). I have in mind more RTAs I want to buy. Spare parts. Safety gizmos for the mech mods. Things of that nature. And who knows what thing I'll come across that I can't resist. :)

I will not be bored this summer or fall, that's for sure.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I have 4 1/2 liters of 100mg nicotine base in a mini fridge. Getting bulk VG is no problem. I've got a ton of flavors, and the FDA really can't ban flavorings. I use mostly mechanical sqonkers. I've designed a squonker to be built from 3/4" copper tube and end caps, 12ga electrical wire, and magnets. There's no 510 connection, the atomizer is built onto the mod. I'm just waiting on some #2-56 threading dies from a hobby shop and some brass circuit board standoffs to start building.

I'm learning CAD to build a printable plastic version, but that's going to take a while.

There is simply no way the FDA can regulate mech mods when anybody with some simple hand tools can build their own.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I have 4 1/2 liters of 100mg nicotine base in a mini fridge. Getting bulk VG is no problem. I've got a ton of flavors, and the FDA really can't ban flavorings. I use mostly mechanical sqonkers. I've designed a squonker to be built from 3/4" copper tube and end caps, 12ga electrical wire, and magnets. There's no 510 connection, the atomizer is built onto the mod. I'm just waiting on some #2-56 threading dies from a hobby shop and some brass circuit board standoffs to start building.

I'm learning CAD to build a printable plastic version, but that's going to take a while.

There is simply no way the FDA can regulate mech mods when anybody with some simple hand tools can build their own.
I'm envious. I wish I was knowledgeable in the areas needed to build such things.

There is no way the FDA can keep people from building mods, it's the atomizers I see as being the big issue hardware-wise.

Reactions: bnrkwest

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hrm. Quick count. Over 15 regulated mods, including two Provari. Four bottom feeders. Ten mechs and a handful of kicks. Dozen or so RDAs. Maybe three dozen tanks, most of which I can rebuild the heads. Couple hundred feet of various wire. Cotton and Rayon. About 8 yrs of nic in the freezer. Three gal VG and one PG in the basement, not including what's in my vape cave. Tons of flavorings.

The child of Depresson-era parents. I still think I NEED to stock more, but I really DON'T......

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I'm envious. I wish I was knowledgeable in the areas needed to build such things.

There is no way the FDA can keep people from building mods, it's the atomizers I see as being the big issue hardware-wise.
Nah, no big deal if you're using a dripper or squonker. You need a way to fasten a coil to 2 leads. You could probably get by with simply wrapping the legs of the coils around the leads, but I wouldn't recommend it. :danger:

You need a cap that lets air in and a mouth piece.

The switch is the most complicated part. As Bad Ninja says, its flashlight technology.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Nothing really to see visually as my NIC is in the freezer covered in frozen food and most of my hardware stockpile is in a small box in my basement.

I have over 3l of 100mg NIC, 18 mods (including 12 Provaris), 40+ tanks (including over a dozen drippers and about 25 RTAs), about 1300 feet of wire, 500 feet of rayon and lots of replacement glasses, o-rings and prebuilt coils.

I'm ready for my wife and I to be self sufficient for a good 15-20 years as of now.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

I would caution against using copper for an atomizer. Ingestion and inhalation of copper is a real concern, especially If your juice has a low PH.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've stashed enough stuff to last my lifetime, I hope.

• 20 ProVari 2.5s (with silica gel packets in the boxes, vacuum-sealed and in the basement)
  • 8 Vamos (from back in the day)
  • 30-odd Vision Vivi Nova tanks plus about 50 heads (also from back in the day)
  • 24 Aspire Nautilus tanks plus about 200 heads (plus supplies to recoil the heads)
  • 13 liters of 100 mg./ml. rocket juice (in glass and in a chest freezer at minus 15 degrees F. = minus 26 degrees C.)

"Back in the day" = stuff stockpiled a couple of years ago, when the FDA scare first started.

Batteries, VG, PG and flavors will be around, since they have so many other uses.

A picture of everything is impractical, since I'm not digging the nic out of the freezer, and the other stuff is scattered all over the house

I've been called pessimistic, but I'm just being realistic. In 1937, the federal government passed a law against the "m" substance. The law was plainly unconstitutional. But it wasn't overturned by the Supreme Court until 1969, 32 years later. I'm 68. I doubt I'll live to see the Deeming Regulations overturned in my lifetime.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I would caution against using copper for an atomizer. Ingestion and inhalation of copper is a real concern, especially If your juice has a low PH.
I plan on sealing the bowl and mouthpiece with epoxy. Actually, it's all going to be held together with epoxy.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
I wish I had money to stock pile.. Hopefully I will be okay!
8voshv.jpg

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well..............No disrespect to the FDA........(Yea right) ........but my stash is my business.
Lets just say, even without my incoming trinkets I have enough preparation to last roughly 2 life times.(less Batteries, but plenty)

I do not that it will get as bad as speculated or not. A lot of things are in the works. Unfortunately over here we have Federal plus 50 independent State governments to Muddy the waters.
Then we get to put up with individual Counties and individual Cities All thinking they have the right to tell us how to live.

I take it back, the non-preppers are probably in trouble.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread