curious, why not advertise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
With more and more big tobacco adverts in print and TV why aren't vape-ware folks pooling monies to advertise?

There has got to be enough high end manufacturers and juice companies that could pool a bit of their profit to help combat big tobacco and educate the public and new vapers.

I think this would help combat cloning too as it would garner positive publicity in the vape community and people would be compelled to buy authentics knowing they are contributing to the cause.

Imagine demystifying vaping, changing the way people view it. From some tattooed, ear guage, lip ring subculture to regular Joe's choosing a healthier alterative to tobacco use.

Seems like a good idea to me.

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Huge mom and pop industry right now. Capitalism at it's finest. Can't see competing companies pooling their monies together to produce some sort of advertisement on TV when they are struggling to keep the doors open on their brick and mortar shop.

I don't know how it is over there in CA but here in MO the vast majority of vapers are rocking egos and *just now* moving to EVOD style tanks. It's very much not a hipster thing here. I say let the BT companies pimp their gear and get people interested and let the BM's set 'em straight on what's what. I don't have a chip on my shoulder against Big Tobacco though. I could not care less why or how people transition from smoking to vaping or just flat out quit; it's important to me that they just *do*.

We are watching the free market at work here, for a very limited time, and I find it fascinating watching some of the success and failures come and go. As the more successful companies grow, so do their marketing departments. Regulation will set in eventually and you will have your mass market advertisements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread