FA and Diacetyl - Easy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HilseeJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Mobile, AL
Well, I've been out of the DIY game for a while. Been mixing 100% VG mixes that are flavourless for months. Decided to splurge and buy some flavors... Went with FA because I heard their flavorings don't contain diacetyl or the related baddies but I can't get any confirmation...

So... is this true? The only good supplier I could find was ecigexpress... Purevapes was good too but I wanted more than just 3ml. ecigexpress labels the dangerous ones as containing "Diacetyl and related diketones" but they didn't specify Acetyl Propinol and Acetoin! I contacted chat support and they said that the only flavors they have that are completely free of those chemicals was their "Pure" line or something. I knew that was inaccurate because Capella's Vanilla Custard V2 was designed specifically to not include these chemicals.

Here is the list of the flavors I got, if that helps:
----------
Custard by FlavourArt

Apple Pie by FlavourArt

Butterscotch by FlavourArt

Caramel by FlavourArt

Catalan Cream by FlavourArt

Cookie by FlavourArt

Fresh Cream by FlavourArt

Honey by FlavourArt

Maple Syrup by FlavourArt

Meringue by FlavourArt

Tiramisu by FlavourArt

Vanilla Bourbon by FlavourArt

Vanilla Classic by FlavourArt

Vanilla Tahiti by FlavourArt

Vienna Cream by FlavourArt

Coconut by FlavourArt

Vanilla Custard by Capella Flavor Drops (I know this contains diacetyl / related diketones, but I heard it was amazing so I splurged)

Vanilla Custard -Version 2 by Capella Flavor Drops
---------

As you can tell, I love my custards and bakery flavors. None of these flavors were flagged by ecigexpress, but I'm not sure that's good enough for me since they don't specifically mention AP/acetion.

Does anyone have any list of the flavourart flavors that don't have the baddies? Some people pointed me to their website but as soon as I try to delve deeper it converts to Italian?

Also, why the hell is there not a Diacetyl/AP thread stickied yet? This is seriously a huge concern. (this is more of a rhetorical question)

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Go to Bullcityvapor as they will clearly label each flavor, even before clicking on it, with a big caution on each flavoring that has DA/AP and even acetion. Here are the search results from their site: Bull City Vapor - Search Results for "propionyl". Note: a couple flavors show up, not because they have diketones, but because in their description it says it doesn't have it or they used an alternative, butyric acid, as a replacement.

p.s. That list isn't comprehensive, but it's a good start.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Anyone know about Capella's? They seem to have some highly regarded flavors but I can't find anything on them.

A few of their flavors do have AP, but the ones that supposedly don't will be the version "2" flavors. As to all the ones that do have it, I don't know, but if you contact them thy will tell you if you ask specifically about which flavor. The only problem I have with their v2s is that some have triacetin -- I don't like triacetin.

Edit: I meant that the flavors that did, but now apparently don't, will be the v2. I don't mean necessarily that if a flavor does not have a v2 that it has AP, but it may. Sorry I don't know more. I was supposed to contact them again to get specifics, but I honestly got tired of the whole deal with all of this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread