Custom Color for Silver Bullet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
I have my Bullet stripped down and I cant decide which color would be best on it. I have a Powder Coating shop next door and they say they can do it but I can't decide which color? I thought Army Green at first or maybe Brown. What color would look cool on a Bullet. You can get orange ,green,white black,silver vein,polished alum/chrome . So those are out of the question... Looking for some feedback and ideas before I decide. Red?

OttoBahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
ferrari-v4-motorcycle-1.jpg

A nice Ferrari Red?

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
My Silver Bullets is of all things SILVER, mirror bright, shiny, surgical instrument perfect, just the way it is.

My Bullet is needing a paint job.And is still perfect the way it is as well. But I want mine to be unique and those shiney
silver ones are pretty but they just look too nice to vape on the run or on the job. I didnt opt for the pretty one because I knew I was going to customize it when I bought it.The silver is one of the finest looking PV's I have seen though.
I want mine to look mean and strictly business . So thats why I have elected to change its personality.
I have heard that the finish can tarnish on the polished ones requiring a polish job every so often.Has yours ever gotten the dull tarnish effect? Then ...I heard that the newer ones have a coating that will not do that.
Well...shine on brother. Me I am looking for realtree powdercoating or at least OD green.

Last edited:

digitalepiphany

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Mesquite, TX
Out of curiosity what did they quote for the powdercoating? Mine is pretty tarnished at this point (I never really kept up with polishing it), and am also considering this. I posted in altsmoke's questions sticky to see if they offer an aftermarket powdercoating, but it would be easier to do it locally.

Anywho.....I'd go with olive drab. That would really kick .... Plus, in OD, it would look even better with mud on it. It'd also be pretty cool if you could get a digi camo effect done.

digitalepiphany

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Mesquite, TX
The other reason I'm wanting to powdercoat it is because I left juice seepage at the atty connector and it did this:
9498d1274802547t-potential-problem-011.jpg

Of course, that's someone else's SB, but mine looks very similar.

Does anyone know if the powdercoating stands up to this type of abuse better? I had only been vaping for 2 months when I got the SB and abused it a bit. Now that I know what I'm doing, it shouldn't get any worse, but I still think I'd prefer the powdercoating.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
moto_0773.jpg moto_0772.jpg
Out of curiosity what did they quote for the powdercoating? Mine is pretty tarnished at this point (I never really kept up with polishing it), and am also considering this. I posted in altsmoke's questions sticky to see if they offer an aftermarket powdercoating, but it would be easier to do it locally.

Anywho.....I'd go with olive drab. That would really kick .... Plus, in OD, it would look even better with mud on it. It'd also be pretty cool if you could get a digi camo effect done.

I paid 25 bucks to have mine done. I did the work my self and just sent the body to Performance Powder Works in Royse City,Tx.
I recommend them to anyone. They have a website. The only problem is that when you order powder its expensive and they dont sell micro amounts . It only takes a handful of powder to coat the Bullet. Its about a hundred bucks to order OD green powder. If you were coating serveral of them it would be practical. But to just coat one I didnt want to spend that much. So,I just picked from the colors they had in stock .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread