custom polished mini provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
Kinda like this.. But more polished? I had it polished and brushed it since I did not like the slippery/sticky feeling.. I have sweaty palms, I guess.. But I did this with 220 grit and hit it with some mothers polish on microfiber and re brushed again. It was a bit of work since I did everything by hand and taking the provari apart and reassembly involved some extra tasks...
I have no idea why after resizing the pic a few times still coming up this big..
CAM00076.jpg

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's cool! I've seen a couple people leave black teardrops - that's the only red crop circles I've seen though!!

Kinda like this.. But more polished? I had it polished and brushed it since I did not like the slippery/sticky feeling.. I have sweaty palms, I guess.. But I did this with 220 grit and hit it with some mothers polish on microfiber and re brushed again. It was a bit of work since I did everything by hand and taking the provari apart and reassembly involved some extra tasks...
I have no idea why after resizing the pic a few times still coming up this big..
CAM00076.jpg

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
CAM00076.jpg

Nice! Looks much better like that :)

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
Saw one on eBay recently just like that! Did you buy it - or sell yours on there?? Someone also sold a black mini that he had polished himself, leaving the teardrops black. But he didn't do a really good job of it....

Someone on here did their black mini and it looks real neat. He did it himself and told exactly what sandpaper, etc., he used. I think it's a cool modification! Might be somewhere on the thread where people post their setups - a long and fun thread to browse through every day! I don't remember anyone saying anything about sending one off to have it done....

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
Thanks everyone. I got this from darkgear^^ ( Sweet price btw!) the finish was pretty beat when I got it. So I was not the person selling it on ebay. Wont be selling her off anytime soon as I just hacked brand my brand new kfl v2 to make things right with the provari. Here I gave it more of a polish over brushed and polished the end caps a little bit. Still more to go, but the goal is trying to match the kfl and have some polished accents to match.
CAM00079.jpg

Last edited:

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
It's really not that difficult to do yourself, starting with higher grits of wet and dry paper, and working your way down until you get the finish you like. I used to polish the slides of pistols for friends a long time ago, leaving any recessed features alone. You need to be prepared for it taking a long time though. I've polished various items before in my workshop at work where it was started by the owner and abandoned because they didn't have the patience!

Do you have any Engineering workshops around you? There are tons in my city and they often charge reasonable prices. I've never done a Provari, but the hard part would be removing the screen and board. I would be tempted then to put it in a lathe and simply push sheets of wet and dry against it, and finish with a soft buffing wheel and a touch of jewellers rouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread