Customer Service topic of the week 12/17/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadley

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Chicago IL
I want to start posting a weekly customer service tip. The topic will be based on what I am seeing as a trend in our trouble ticket system.

Auto batteries and refilling

We get several trouble tickets regarding faulty auto batteries. Of course we replace these immediately. I have recently been inspecting the batteries that customers are returning to us. I am finding that almost ALL of these batteries have stopped working because juice has leaked down into the battery. So if you are refilling or topping off carts, I would highly recommend getting MANUAL batteries. If you do not, expect problems!

mmcall12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Indiana
I alway blow mine out and make sure there dry before I put them together. Mine usually set for a day before using them, and I have never got juice in my autos. I have had some batterys that have lasted since I have been with V4L, and some not even using them yet go bad,but I think we have a great family here and they take cares of us and they go out and beyond to help us. V4L need i give you 2 thumbs up and a great big HUG for the things you do for the family.HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I wipe everything up with a tissue and let the filled carts sit over night before using them. I also inspect the cart for juice BEFORE putting it on the battery. You just have to be careful if you want your batts to last a long time. (I still think filling with a syringe is the best, with good absorbent kleenex at hand)

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
HAHAHAHAA! I never had and issue with juice leakage cause I'd drop-kill an auto before it ever got a chance! Fortunately I prefer manuals anyway and these aren't nearly so sensitive to klutziness.

Also, instead of blowing out the centre post and risk losing any more juice then neccessary, I use a large paperclip that I straightened to clean out the middle after refilling. Much less messy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread