customs/shipping to south africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi Ray 365, shipping times vary, depending on where the shipment is coming from and what type of shipping you use. Typically, courier companies are quite fast, perhaps a week and a bit, give or take, but at the same time its quite expensive too. With regards to hardware, its normally a small percentage plus 14% vat, which is ok. It differs from time to time depending on what the goods were declared as ( e-cigarettes or batteries and atomisers). With regards to e-liquids, thats a tricky one, goods tend to be confiscated as soon as customs officials see anything in the lines of nicotine, but some people have had luck with it, and some havent. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Zodiac

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Cape Town, South Africa
Any time Ray365. Goods are usually declared as gifts when purchasing from certain companies such as Fasttech. When dealing with brand name companies like Kangertech and Vision, they normally declare what the goods actually are, and their true value. Try and ask them to declare it as electronic cigarettes, because then you should only pay 14% Vat. If its declared as electronic parts or batteries and atomisers, then there is an additional levy, usually quite small. With regards to payment, you pay when you collect the goods from customs. They will ask you to bring an invoice or proof of payment to calculate the duties. If you are lucky, your goods may go straight to the Post office after its been cleared at customs.

Zodiac

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Cape Town, South Africa
My pleasure Ray365, its always risky with juice, especially that quantity (as you wouldn't want to loose that i'm sure). I would recommend that you ask the juice vendor if they ship their juice "customs friendly", meaning that they don't stipulate nic etc. Also, first try a few sample bottles to test the waters and see whether it comes through. Never ship your e-cigs, batteries or atomisers together with the juice as they may confiscate your entire order and either send it back or just simply destroy it. Yes, i do have an import license, because one is only allowed 3 imports per year, or a total of no more than R20000.00. Thereafter, you run the risk of having your order detained. I do know of people that do over 20 imports per year without license, and without hassles. I, however, am not willing to take that chance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread