trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
This is what my suplier has just told me

Just passing the info on to you guys/girls

Maybe this is the end or the road

nip into the crowded theatre shout "FIRE" then bugger off.. come on dude without more information your post is just scare mongering and should be treated as such..

such info would be best not passed on.. sorry..

trog

ps... i will say one thing that is real tho... the chinese factories cannot cope with the ever growing western demand for e cig product and the bits that go with them.. expect shortages of everything...

Last edited:

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hi Big Jim

I got hit for £30 on a $167 order. This was inbound from the US (njoy) and we were about two bucks to a pound back then. The official line was VAT was due on the package but the numbers didn't add up. Also they seemed to be using a 1 for 1 conversion on dollars and sterling. If you search Parcelforce and my username (advanced search) the posts are in the archives.

Btw, I realise my experience was US not China, but I'm not concerned at all about customs, just the carriers. I tend to keep my overseas orders small so they come by ordinary surface mail. Hope yours gets through.

Emp

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Big difference between "to UK" and "from HK". We know about "from" but "to" would be news.

i agree, some clarification/details would be nice here.
if it's of any value i just recieved one shipment yesterday from UK cleary marked "e-cig" on the customs sticker. another order was just "released from customs" this morning, originating from china.
i live in the US.

Last edited:

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
Emperor, was it a big shipment? What did they label the package as? How did they know how much to make you pay up, ive got $88 worth ems en route from bestecig, do you think it will make it?

I saved about £85 all in from ordering from china, hope it makes it!!!

EMS - Even More Slow!! Very slow service routed through Germany eventually and with poor tracking, but they get there, around 10 days compared to 3 days for DHL or TNT.
Alan.

Freedom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
US. Southeast.
www.MyFreedomSmokes.com
i agree, some clarification/details would be nice here.
if it's of any value i just recieved one shipment yesterday from UK cleary marked "e-cig" on the customs sticker. another order was just "released from customs" this morning, originating from china.
i live in the US.

Hey Candygirl...have you gotten any letters from customs about the shipments you've already received? Had one arrive yesterday.

Tuntun

Feb 23, 2009
I have a very large shipment of e-liquids coming via EMS from China. Here's the tracking report:

26-Mar-2009 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
26-Mar-2009 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
26-Mar-2009 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 27-Mar-2009
27-Mar-2009 United Kingdom Arrived and is being processed.
27-Mar-2009 United Kingdom In transit.
28-Mar-2009 United Kingdom Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

I also have a large order of hardware from a different supplier, I'll post up how that goes too.

Stylopora

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK

nip into the crowded theatre shout "FIRE" then bugger off.. come on dude without more information your post is just scare mongering and should be treated as such..

such info would be best not passed on.. sorry..

trog

ps... i will say one thing that is real tho... the chinese factories cannot cope with the ever growing western demand for e cig product and the bits that go with them.. expect shortages of everything...

I tend to agree with what Trog says on both parts.

One of my suppliers sent me this last week which explains about any delays.

Attached below what this supplier says.
================================
Hi, if you are not waiting for delivery of an order please disregard this email.

We are currently experiencing delays with a large delivery that was expected last week.
All suppliers are facing problems because of the increased involvment of customs authorities
and other governmental departments in the supplies of electronic cigarettes and cartridges.

Although we are fully compliant with current regulations and have been cited as one of the top
companies with regard to safety and packaging, we still have to go through the same processes as other suppliers.

We are fortunate in that our foresight has enabled us to continue trading whereas some suppliers have been forced to cease trading certain products.
This is a new industry and is changing on a daily basis as it becomes a part of mainstream world trading. Unfortunately delays are inevitable at times but we are working all out to alleviate the problems both in the short and long term, including building up a huge buffer stock in order to guarantee a quick and reliable service.

We apologise to any customers who are experiencing a delay with their orders, we will despatch them as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany

Administrators please do not allow such unconfirmed + unreferenced stuff
from such "well known guys"

"Supplier"

like this thread here, pls :mad:

J+J nicorette agents or unserious suppliers could misuse this forum for pushing profits with panic buys this way e.g., do not allow this, thx.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread