The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

D1 sub-ohm tank

Discussion in 'Sub-Ohm' started by EZGOER, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. EZGOER

EZGOER Full Member Verified Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Hello everyone. I have a D1 sub-ohm tank made by UWELL. This tank is marketed as a leak proof tank. It is designed with a bottom cup to collect condensation and e-juice. Does anyone have or use this tank? Mt tank does not leak in the "normal" sense of the word leak. However, when condensation and e-juice collect in the cup on the bottom of the tank it seeps out around the firing pin. Is this normal for this type of tank? Is there something wrong with my tank? Also, will this seepage damage my mods (this leakage comes out and spreads out around the firing pin on my mods)? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’ve never used one but I’ve never seen a tank that couldn’t be made to leak either. It’s a bit like fountain pens back in the day. Anything made to dispense liquid and be portable that doesn’t have a cap is going to leak unless treated just right. They finally made pens that don’t leak, but they did it with paste ink. Ballpoint pens really were an ohmigod! Invention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, I don't own that tank either, but most tanks will leak under the right circumstances. I'm not sure what the fix is but I'm going to bet that someone who knows this tank may have one. How much condensation/pooling are we talking here? Is it only when you vape it? Etc. ....

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  4. EZGOER

EZGOER Full Member Verified Member

Dec 2, 2015
    I take the bottom cup off about once a week or so to clean it out, and I would say there is enough pooling to just cover the inside bottom of the cup. Don't really know if it happens only when I vape because I rotate this tank with my other tanks (use each one for about a week). This problem doesn't really bother me, just wanted to know if this leakage will hurt my mods that I use the tank on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Shouldn’t. Mods are generally juice resistant

• Like Like x 1
  6. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Not all fire pins are. What mod are you using?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.