Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Hi All,
I seem to have a leakage problem with the Kangar Tech Sub tank Mini, when using the factory made coils I have no dramas, but if I want to use the RBA that it comes with the tank leaks like a seive. Why?
I, at first thought it was the coil unit, no, I repaced it and no joy the new unit, genuine Kangar Tech part, continues to leak juice out of the air flow control not when filling, but when vaping. I take the precaution of closing the air flow when filling. My other Kangar Tech RBA does not have this problem only the Sub Tank Mini. All help appreciated as I do love this tank on small mods.

Regards to all
Acer

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
That's usually a sign of poor wicking, but first, make sure any silicon seals are on there and not damaged or nicked, then make sure all connections are tightened. I actually had a factory coil that came with the tank, missing the small clear ring at the base of the coil. Sometimes the RBA section will loosen from the chimney when removing the air control base to re-fill and such, I've had that happen.

The most common leaking issue is from improper wicking. Make sure you have enough cotton and they are covering the juice holes. If you're not sure about wicking it, check out YouTube, there's a bunch of good tutorials. Another issue may be how you draw, particularly if you have the airflow set on the smallest or medium opening. If you draw too hard it may be pulling in juice faster than you're burning it. If this is the case, open the airflow to the largest setting and take smooth even draws. I pretty much only use the RBA section anymore and had some minor issues, but once I figured some these things out hadn't had any problems at all. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Acer50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
That's usually a sign of poor wicking, but first, make sure any silicon seals are on there and not damaged or nicked, then make sure all connections are tightened. I actually had a factory coil that came with the tank, missing the small clear ring at the base of the coil. Sometimes the RBA section will loosen from the chimney when removing the air control base to re-fill and such, I've had that happen.

The most common leaking issue is from improper wicking. Make sure you have enough cotton and they are covering the juice holes. If you're not sure about wicking it, check out YouTube, there's a bunch of good tutorials. Another issue may be how you draw, particularly if you have the airflow set on the smallest or medium opening. If you draw too hard it may be pulling in juice faster than you're burning it. If this is the case, open the airflow to the largest setting and take smooth even draws. I pretty much only use the RBA section anymore and had some minor issues, but once I figured some these things out hadn't had any problems at all. Hope this helps!

Thank You Roadtrip for your kind reply I will go back to the 'drawing boards' so to speak, and make sure I follow your suggestions. As to Silicon seals, I find it amazing that the Kangartech Subtank Mini did not come with any spare silicon seals as all the other Kangartech tanks that I have purchased in the past did and as you may have guessed I am rather fond of this brand. I had a devil of a time sourcing the seals for these units in Australia. It seems that the majority of retailers that sell them are only interested in selling the tank and when the seals wear out, too bad buy another tank. I did source some though from a very good and reputable retailer in OZ., called Aussie E-Cigs whom I phoned with my problem he did not have them listed at the time but had them in stock I bought the lot. This guy is really good if he hasn't got it he will source it for you and the marvelous thing is you can speak to him in person which many on line stores do not allow you to do. Indeed I find RBA's of all description fun and now that I have the right gear and apps coil building is a breeze. Looking at some of the prices retailers in my country charge for single factory made coils is a joke and for each coil I build and wick I put $3.00 AU into a cookie jar for future vape supplies.

Kindest Regards and again thank you
Acer 50.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Thank You Roadtrip for your kind reply I will go back to the 'drawing boards' so to speak, and make sure I follow your suggestions. As to Silicon seals, I find it amazing that the Kangartech Subtank Mini did not come with any spare silicon seals as all the other Kangartech tanks that I have purchased in the past did and as you may have guessed I am rather fond of this brand. I had a devil of a time sourcing the seals for these units in Australia. It seems that the majority of retailers that sell them are only interested in selling the tank and when the seals wear out, too bad buy another tank. I did source some though from a very good and reputable retailer in OZ., called Aussie E-Cigs whom I phoned with my problem he did not have them listed at the time but had them in stock I bought the lot. This guy is really good if he hasn't got it he will source it for you and the marvelous thing is you can speak to him in person which many on line stores do not allow you to do. Indeed I find RBA's of all description fun and now that I have the right gear and apps coil building is a breeze. Looking at some of the prices retailers in my country charge for single factory made coils is a joke and for each coil I build and wick I put $3.00 AU into a cookie jar for future vape supplies.

Kindest Regards and again thank you
Acer 50.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Make sure and check at the stem of the RBA unit, there's a tiny clear o-ring there. I had a factory coil leaking into the air control, because that little o-ring was missing. The RBA unit uses the same little clear O-ring. I've salvaged a few of those from used factory coils, just in case I need them for my RBA. It's great you found a good vendor that's willing to go the extra mile when needed. Good luck, they are nice, versatile tanks and I love that RBA section for them.

Reactions: Acer50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
You got it right folks, and I thank all those that helped. Yes Japanese Organic Cotton is by far IMHO the best wicking material. Some of that stuff resembling string coming out of China is absolute rubbish, I got about three meters of it and the only use I have for it is to tie up my tomato plants.

Acer 50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
lol tie up tomato plants lol
From what I have been reading tomato plants are a very good source of nicotine, so who knows maybe if I use this string type wicking to tie up the tomato plants maybe they absorb some nicotine?
Only kidding :drool:

Mind you I have heard of a dude making "rollies" out of dried tomato leaves. Some how I am not that desperate. Since progressing to sub ohming and DIY coils my nic needs are around 2mg/ml a 30 ml bottle of nic base lasts me quite a while.

Have a good Christmas one and all.
snowgirl+vintage+image+graphicsfairy008b-652x1024.jpg

Acer 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread