D1 sub-ohm tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZGOER

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello everyone. I have a D1 sub-ohm tank made by UWELL. This tank is marketed as a leak proof tank. It is designed with a bottom cup to collect condensation and e-juice. Does anyone have or use this tank? Mt tank does not leak in the "normal" sense of the word leak. However, when condensation and e-juice collect in the cup on the bottom of the tank it seeps out around the firing pin. Is this normal for this type of tank? Is there something wrong with my tank? Also, will this seepage damage my mods (this leakage comes out and spreads out around the firing pin on my mods)? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve never used one but I’ve never seen a tank that couldn’t be made to leak either. It’s a bit like fountain pens back in the day. Anything made to dispense liquid and be portable that doesn’t have a cap is going to leak unless treated just right. They finally made pens that don’t leak, but they did it with paste ink. Ballpoint pens really were an ohmigod! Invention.

EZGOER

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2015
I take the bottom cup off about once a week or so to clean it out, and I would say there is enough pooling to just cover the inside bottom of the cup. Don't really know if it happens only when I vape because I rotate this tank with my other tanks (use each one for about a week). This problem doesn't really bother me, just wanted to know if this leakage will hurt my mods that I use the tank on.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I take the bottom cup off about once a week or so to clean it out, and I would say there is enough pooling to just cover the inside bottom of the cup. Don't really know if it happens only when I vape because I rotate this tank with my other tanks (use each one for about a week). This problem doesn't really bother me, just wanted to know if this leakage will hurt my mods that I use the tank on.
Shouldn’t. Mods are generally juice resistant

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread