Status
Not open for further replies.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
the one thing i'm never going to understand on this forum is the venomous random diatribes over somebody simply disagreeing with another's OPINION..

i'm with T-Bob on this... altho i love my ecig DEARLY... it is NOT a full substitute for my marlboro... so much not that here i am vaping since april of last year and i STILL smoke my analogs... i AM cutting back more drastically lately.. but it's only because i've made a couple flavors that i dont mind vaping CONSTANTLY...

we need to stop being the typically bitter non-smokers if we ever intend to keep vaping.. because this is a battle that will not be won by being "snickety and snide"

i'll tell you now... if i wan't a member of this community.. and knowledgeble of it's members and their posting habits... and i just ended up here as a non/ex-smoker to see what's going on.. i very well COULD make a reasonable assumption that there's obviously something wrong with these things because there sure are ALOT of angry people using them... maybe the liquid they're vaping increases the chemicals that cause violent and angry moods...

something to think on... and don't take it wrong... i like each and every one of you:).. but thats from attention to detail.. random lurkers won't do that :(

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
I agree with Taukimada. Recently I have just closed out many a thread due to the venom, and I am not referring to our respected forum "elders", but to people who believe it is their way or the other person is an idiot.

the one thing i'm never going to understand on this forum is the venomous random diatribes over somebody simply disagreeing with another's OPINION..

i'm with T-Bob on this... altho i love my ecig DEARLY... it is NOT a full substitute for my marlboro... so much not that here i am vaping since april of last year and i STILL smoke my analogs... i AM cutting back more drastically lately.. but it's only because i've made a couple flavors that i dont mind vaping CONSTANTLY...

we need to stop being the typically bitter non-smokers if we ever intend to keep vaping.. because this is a battle that will not be won by being "snickety and snide"

i'll tell you now... if i wan't a member of this community.. and knowledgeble of it's members and their posting habits... and i just ended up here as a non/ex-smoker to see what's going on.. i very well COULD make a reasonable assumption that there's obviously something wrong with these things because there sure are ALOT of angry people using them... maybe the liquid they're vaping increases the chemicals that cause violent and angry moods...

something to think on... and don't take it wrong... i like each and every one of you:).. but thats from attention to detail.. random lurkers won't do that :(

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
the one thing i'm never going to understand on this forum is the venomous random diatribes over somebody simply disagreeing with another's OPINION.
I've seen this on every online forum I've substantially read. Even prior to the WWW when there were small dial-in networks, mostly localized, neighborhood... flaming galore. The components of this phenomenon have been formally dissected thusly:

internetdickwad.png

Doostin

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Ontario, Canada
"Half of the appeal of cigarettes is inhaling smoke into your lungs even if you know it is killing you," Martin said. "Without that sensation it is not worth it."

Lol I agree I love taking in smoke into my lungs, and I love exhaling and seeing a nice plume too...something draconian about it. Thats the only pleasure I take in smoking, not because I'm doing something naughty that I know is killing me, I've never had a masochistic feeling like that lol

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
I've seen this on every online forum I've substantially read. Even prior to the WWW when there were small dial-in networks, mostly localized, neighborhood... flaming galore. The components of this phenomenon have been formally dissected thusly:

internetdickwad.png

now THAT i fully understand... being as i am a former BBS flame ......... myself.. although on the BBS it was all in good fun

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
I agree with Taukimada. Recently I have just closed out many a thread due to the venom, and I am not referring to our respected forum "elders", but to people who believe it is their way or the other person is an idiot.

actually i've noticed our forum "elders" starting to get a little itchy on the trigger finger recently.. i've chalked it up not so much to them changing in any way.. they are still the same overly nice and informative people i saw upon first glance... just it seems anymore you gotta be ready to throw the first punch if you're gonna survive :( even their infinite knowledge is being called into question lately by people who've seemingly done an hours worth of research and think they know better:shock:

i know it's off topic.. but it needed to be said.. by somebody... anybody.. i'm not necessarily proud to be the one to bring it to light.. and this seemed to be a good thread to point out the de-evolution of conversation and intelligent debate to venomous attacks without any real thought behind it.. as in this thread it's leaching out to another website..

my $.02.. nothing more or less.. and a quick kind "THANK YOU!!!" to all the knowledgables who post anywhere

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hmmm..if the information is good then it shouldn't be a problem to have it questioned. The whole concept of people that have been posting for an extra 6, 8 or 10 months having 'infinite wisdom' that is somehow beyond reproach is bordering on religious devotion.

I've had a few cases where I've been flamed and both were by some of the old timers. Doesn't bother me but it sure won't stop me from questioning the information.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
Hmmm..if the information is good then it shouldn't be a problem to have it questioned. The whole concept of people that have been posting for an extra 6, 8 or 10 months having 'infinite wisdom' that is somehow beyond reproach is bordering on religious devotion.

I've had a few cases where I've been flamed and both were by some of the old timers. Doesn't bother me but it sure won't stop me from questioning the information.

well Nuck.. i wasn't actually reffering to you... i actually tend to enjoy your postings.. even the rare flaming LOL.. and i wasn't putting some of our "elder" members into a true "infinite wisdom" stance.. i more meant that they've got alot more research under their belts than the average shmucks i've seen come in and 10 posts later endlessly question their intelligence.. as long as we understand that most of our arguments are nothing more than opinion and conjecture.. we're all good :)

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
No problem. I wasn't taking it personal. I've just spent my entire life questioning authority and I really don't see it ending any time soon :cool:

btw..great sig. I believe I was around the 50 mark for number of times I hit the roxy in my youth.

3 times a week for two years... i'm not gonna do that math.. but waaaaaaaaaaay too many times.. even transed once as the majority of cast was at meatloaf concert at a local club.. good thing i'd been to a couple practices with cast LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread