• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Damaged throat, explain later

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Hey guys, I'm in abit of a bind.....There is something wrong with my throat, i can't swallow properly ....I think it might be the e-liquid, Redbull mixed with 40% extra vegatable glycerin.

My thoat feels like s.h.i.t :( like there is a golf ball stuck behind my atoms apple ..it's an awful feeling.

Anyone else in emerald ever had this problem? ...i will see what the doctors tells me tomorrow ....I'll update ya guys when i am feeling better and i find out whats up inside ma darn neck~Rick

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Hello dear sweet forum hubby of mine. So sorry to hear about your throat. Hope you are not allergic to something in that juice. Also hope your Doc can help you. If you have a tightening feeling in your throat get to medical help asap. That is not good. Have some warm tea and honey in the meantime. That should help you feel better till you see the doc. Like everyone else said, keep us posted.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Hello dear sweet forum hubby of mine. So sorry to hear about your throat. Hope you are not allergic to something in that juice. Also hope your Doc can help you. If you have a tightening feeling in your throat get to medical help asap. That is not good. Have some warm tea and honey in the meantime. That should help you feel better till you see the doc. Like everyone else said, keep us posted.

Thanks dear forum wifey, i think i am done with e-cigarettes honey, the doctor today told me that i have damaged my throat...it could be the vegatable glycerine, we are not sure ..i am having ALOT! of trouble swallowing to the point where i struggle to swallow and it is very scary :(((( ..i can't believe this.

I was given some antibiotics and on friday i am having some kind of ultrasound type of scan on my throat to see how much damage there actually is..

this sucks!

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery, my friend. Never had a sore throat except the one most of us seem to get at the beginning. :cry:
Thanks Julie, looks like my vapor days are behind me ..sad but true ....if it's not one thing it's another, i can't get a break, tsk

thanks for the support though mate :)

Wow!! sorry to hear that Rick...
I've seen a few threads here and on other forums about sore throats. Maybe one of those might offer some insight. Have you tried plugging "Sore Throat" into Search? the down side is that most of those seemed to be noobies.
Get better soon!!
I have searched about throat soreness from vaping and i found afew people who have had the same or similar trouble that i am having right now Chris ....there is not much i can do really ...i have no choice but to go back to smoking analogs ...vaping has done more damage to me than analogs strangely enough ..i am using tar filters on my ciggys to cut out alot of the tar ...again what else can i do my friend **Shrug**

thanks buddy :)

Nothing like this, I had some throat pain in the beginning but it pass in a few days.
Hope all is well my friend.
KEEP US INFORMED!
ta tone, appreciate your kind words mate:)

Feel better soon, Rick. I wish I had some insite for you - but I don't. 4 months in, and the only sore throat I had was a minor one when I started...

Get yourself to a Doc, and take care of you!
Again thanks Vick, i am not going to treat this problem lightly, because i am waking up at night out of the blue in a fright and i start beating my chest trying to get a breath while struggling to swallow ....as i said its bloody scary! ..i feel like crying right now ...i wasn't expecting this to happen, i am so frustrated and worried right now. . . . thanks vick

Wow Rick!!......I have had some throat irratation from excessive menthol use,but never anything like that before....Keep us informed on what the Doc says ok??:(The Wiz!
Wiz and the rest of you be very!! careful if you add stuff to your e-liquids ok guys, i could have damaged my throat from adding to much vegatable glycerine ..i can't be sure what the problem is right now ....My doctor promise's me that he will help me find out whats wrong and fix it..

Thanks Wiz, i am sure i will be ok ...i am just alittle panicked at the moment ...thanks for letting me vent with you guys..

and remember please be careful with your liquids, i will keep you guys informed of whats happening and my progress..

man this really! does suck

talk soon my friends

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Sending you a great big cyberhug, Rick - we all love you, man!
Sending on all my prayers for you, too.

And now, some sage wisdom from one who used to live with an asthmatic...
When you wake up in the middle of the night struggling to breathe - try shallow breaths in from the nose - and above all, try not to panic - that only constricts your airways and makes the problem worse. Listen to your Doctor, and be open and honest with him on everything going on in your life - the smallest thing could be what's setting you off...

Come back to us when you're able, and take care of you, first and formost.... Emerald will light their candles in the windows for you....

Great big loves - Vicks

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Oh, Rick, this is such terrible news! I HATE the thought of you going back to the stinky sticks. :mad:

If you determine that you can't vape anymore, maybe you could sell all your e-cig stuff and use the $ to buy an i-inhale/iolite. You can use it to vaporize tobacco instead of smoking tobacco. It's supposed to be soooooo much better for you than smoking.

I'm hoping that this isn't a reaction to the vaping, though. It's just possible that you're sick and the vapor has exacerbated the problem.

I'm crossing my fingers. :wub:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Thanks dear forum wifey, i think i am done with e-cigarettes honey, the doctor today told me that i have damaged my throat...it could be the vegatable glycerine, we are not sure ..i am having ALOT! of trouble swallowing to the point where i struggle to swallow and it is very scary :(((( ..i can't believe this.

I was given some antibiotics and on friday i am having some kind of ultrasound type of scan on my throat to see how much damage there actually is..

this sucks!

Thanks Julie, looks like my vapor days are behind me ..sad but true ....if it's not one thing it's another, i can't get a break, tsk

thanks for the support though mate :)

I have searched about throat soreness from vaping and i found afew people who have had the same or similar trouble that i am having right now Chris ....there is not much i can do really ...i have no choice but to go back to smoking analogs ...vaping has done more damage to me than analogs strangely enough ..i am using tar filters on my ciggys to cut out alot of the tar ...again what else can i do my friend **Shrug**

thanks buddy :)

ta tone, appreciate your kind words mate:)

Again thanks Vick, i am not going to treat this problem lightly, because i am waking up at night out of the blue in a fright and i start beating my chest trying to get a breath while struggling to swallow ....as i said its bloody scary! ..i feel like crying right now ...i wasn't expecting this to happen, i am so frustrated and worried right now. . . . thanks vick

Wiz and the rest of you be very!! careful if you add stuff to your e-liquids ok guys, i could have damaged my throat from adding to much vegatable glycerine ..i can't be sure what the problem is right now ....My doctor promise's me that he will help me find out whats wrong and fix it..

Thanks Wiz, i am sure i will be ok ...i am just alittle panicked at the moment ...thanks for letting me vent with you guys..

and remember please be careful with your liquids, i will keep you guys informed of whats happening and my progress..

man this really! does suck

talk soon my friends
Rick.......You have all the luck in the world my friend...and it's all Bad!! If it's the VG giving you the problems...try going to PG when things settle down...possibly a solution there? Hate to hear that your going back to analogs...so don't!!...I would recommend using the patch or something before doing that!...Will say one or two for you in the meantime...Keep us informed ok?:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Rick.......You have all the luck in the world my friend...and it's all Bad!! If it's the VG giving you the problems...try going to PG when things settle down...possibly a solution there? Hate to hear that your going back to analogs...so don't!!...I would recommend using the patch or something before doing that!...Will say one or two for you in the meantime...Keep us informed ok?:)The Wiz!

+1...... Yeah... what he said.:thumb:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Oh my dear Hubby. This is indeed bad news. Like everyone else, I hate to see you go back to the real deals. Try using the patch till you get the results back from your ultrasound. Docs have been known to be wrong once in a while. I certainly hope you will still keep coming here so we can enjoy your company, no matter what you decide to do. And please do keep us updated. Try propping yourself up with a few extra pillows to sleep and see if that helps. Also, talk to your doc about a CPAP machine. That would help you sleep much better. Take care, Ricky. You have friends that care.

get-well-soon.gif

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I am just now seeing this! I am so sorry, Rick! Take care of yourself and keep us posted!!! XO

Hw long have you been vaping?
Thank you Queen :) ....i have been vaping around 2 years now hon ....i will be ok, stuff happens i guess

Rick, I just read this and am so sorry to hear. This is awful!! Please keep us posted.
Thanks Lucko :D your a sweety

Oh my dear Hubby. This is indeed bad news. Like everyone else, I hate to see you go back to the real deals. Try using the patch till you get the results back from your ultrasound. Docs have been known to be wrong once in a while. I certainly hope you will still keep coming here so we can enjoy your company, no matter what you decide to do. And please do keep us updated. Try propping yourself up with a few extra pillows to sleep and see if that helps. Also, talk to your doc about a CPAP machine. That would help you sleep much better. Take care, Ricky. You have friends that care.
Darlin it will be ok, i am more frustrated and annoyed with this condition more than anything else, but i don't think patches will help...I've tried them before with an unsatisfactory outcome, they don't work for me at all honey. I had my ultrasound today and i am waitting for the results, after we see the results of that my doctor wants to do an esophagogastroduodenoscopy or endoscopy for short ..i am not looking forward to that, eck .....its very uncomfortable having that camera down your throat ..they are going to have ta crank up the general anesthetic juice before they shove that long! rubber thing down my throat :oops:

My doc also told me to sleep with a raised pillow, one step ahead of ya honey:) ..don't worry i well keep you informed of updates, for sure!

Oh Wiz my good friend, i am giving the liquid a rest for awhile until i find out whats done this to me. thanks for preys mate, I have been saying a few preys for myself as well...asking ...no! begging for the good lord to let me get atleast 3 hours sleep without waking up choaking lol .....yes yes my luck is shi.te mate, your right Wiz ....But thanks buddy :)

Sending you a great big cyberhug, Rick - we all love you, man!
Sending on all my prayers for you, too.

And now, some sage wisdom from one who used to live with an asthmatic...
When you wake up in the middle of the night struggling to breathe - try shallow breaths in from the nose - and above all, try not to panic - that only constricts your airways and makes the problem worse. Listen to your Doctor, and be open and honest with him on everything going on in your life - the smallest thing could be what's setting you off...

Come back to us when you're able, and take care of you, first and formost.... Emerald will light their candles in the windows for you....

Great big loves - Vicks
yeah i have been trying that breathing thing from the nose, it kind of works, thanks Vick :)

it's hard not to panic when you wake in a fright fighting for air, man!! it's worse than drowning ...well almost anyway.

thanks for the cyberhugs, god knows i really need afew of them right about now, that's for sure lol... cheers darlin :)

Oh, Rick, this is such terrible news! I HATE the thought of you going back to the stinky sticks. :mad:

If you determine that you can't vape anymore, maybe you could sell all your e-cig stuff and use the $ to buy an i-inhale/iolite. You can use it to vaporize tobacco instead of smoking tobacco. It's supposed to be soooooo much better for you than smoking.

I'm hoping that this isn't a reaction to the vaping, though. It's just possible that you're sick and the vapor has exacerbated the problem.

I'm crossing my fingers. :wub:
Julie i am actually thinking of buying an i-inhale/iolite instead, i need to try something else because normal e-cigarettes don't work for me anymore obviously ....I will have to wait abit before i can buy a i-inhale/iolite because i am having some money troubles at the moment ...but that will be what i will try next when i can afford to buy one so i don't have to smoke anologs again.

And your right Julie i could just be naturally sick and the vapor and e-cigarette has exacerbated the problem ..I can't really be sure at the mo hon ..i will wait for my ultrasounds tomorrow and also after my endoscopy to determine what has caused this awful condition in my throat. i seriously feel like crying my throat is playing up on me that badly, but i wont cry...i need to be a man about it Lol

I will try not to smoke analogs, i need to buy that i-inhale the minute that i can.

Thanks Julie, bless honey:)~Rick

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Wish I lived closer . . . I'd loan you my i-Inhale to see if you even liked it. It's a nice piece of equipment, but it does take some getting used to. I primarily got it as my ultimate insurance when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, worrying that the U.S. government was going to shut down e-cigs, and I'd run out of atomizers, and I'd be cold and hungry out on the streets. Well, I guess I'm getting a bit overly dramatic, but you get the idea.

Anyway, while I don't really like it as my main vape, I have to say that I really do enjoy it. I have to basically use very low nicotine in it because it's got a strong hit with the liquids. I've vaped some of the molasses, and it's okay but no real hit unless I add a wee bit of e-liquid to it. I haven't tried it with tobacco because the last thing I want is to get back on that train again, even if it's in the caboose. :)

Anyway, I'd hate to see you spend a pile of money on it only to find that you really don't like it. Is there anyone nearby who has one and would let you try it?

Crossing my fingers for good news from the doctor. :)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Wish I lived closer . . . I'd loan you my i-Inhale to see if you even liked it. It's a nice piece of equipment, but it does take some getting used to. I primarily got it as my ultimate insurance when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, worrying that the U.S. government was going to shut down e-cigs, and I'd run out of atomizers, and I'd be cold and hungry out on the streets. Well, I guess I'm getting a bit overly dramatic, but you get the idea.

Anyway, while I don't really like it as my main vape, I have to say that I really do enjoy it. I have to basically use very low nicotine in it because it's got a strong hit with the liquids. I've vaped some of the molasses, and it's okay but no real hit unless I add a wee bit of e-liquid to it. I haven't tried it with tobacco because the last thing I want is to get back on that train again, even if it's in the caboose. :)

Anyway, I'd hate to see you spend a pile of money on it only to find that you really don't like it. Is there anyone nearby who has one and would let you try it?

Crossing my fingers for good news from the doctor. :)
Julie.....You are a kind soul!...My insurance policy is my Nicotrol Inhaler which I am still holding on to...Just in case!! The darn thing helped me get off analogs before I discovered e-cigs. I hope I wont have to use it again..but I do have it put away for safe-keeping. I wish our "Prince" would ask his doctor for a script before going back to analogs..as I still see this as a much healthier alternative...and one that actually works!:)The Wiz!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Wiz that is a good idea for the doc to prescribe that inhaler thing. Have you thought of that Ricky? It might help.

Don't cry sweetie. That makes your throat tighten even more. Just hang in there till you get the full diagnosis and then deal with it one day at a time. Could be you just need to get off everything for a while and let your throat heal. I know it will be tough, but if it helps you breathe better, you just might have to do it. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread