Darn liquid running everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
When I started vaping and up until now, I have watched the videos on how to do it. Fill up the cart, dab it off with a paper towel if it pools on the top. And that's exactly what I do. However, it seems that I am still having an issue where the liquid comes out of the gold ring between my atty and batt. (510 for those who don't know by now, pyramid mod)

Seems like I am losing quite a bit of liquid when this happens. Is it just normal to sometimes lose some? This doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens enough to aggravate me. Hoping that others with my problem will be able to easily find this thread for help as well.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
This is only a wild guess here. Maybe it's the material you're using in the carts. I don't get any leakage with my original carts. Maybe the wicking material isn't capable of holding on to the un-needed juice, and it just rolls out of the air vents, instead of being held until needed.

As I said, Just a wild guess.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm thinking there may be too much juice in the carts.

Have you tried using less juice to see if that would fix the problem? I've stopped using carts completely, and use 4 drops directly onto the atty and haven't had too many occasions where at the end of the day there is any liquid that's gotten down to the battery threads, but even then, that's after about 3-4ml worth of liquid throughout the day.

It could also be that the carts aren't holding the liquid well. That is usually from too loose of filler. The PTB's are pretty easy to overfill if you have a lot of empty space inside of the cart. When the liquid heats up it will just run out of the cart and down the atomizer.

Hope this helps.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I'm thinking there may be too much juice in the carts.

Have you tried using less juice to see if that would fix the problem? I've stopped using carts completely, and use 4 drops directly onto the atty and haven't had too many occasions where at the end of the day there is any liquid that's gotten down to the battery threads, but even then, that's after about 3-4ml worth of liquid throughout the day.

It could also be that the carts aren't holding the liquid well. That is usually from too loose of filler. The PTB's are pretty easy to overfill if you have a lot of empty space inside of the cart. When the liquid heats up it will just run out of the cart and down the atomizer.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, it does kind of look like there is a good bit of empty space in there. Maybe I should try to do the shredded pyramid mod and see how that goes.

SogladIquit

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
NE Ohio
I think it would help everyone (greatly) if we could all add what model we're using, what cart & stuffing, & finally, what juice! Have vast experiences with different combos of each....

no major leaks w/ my 401 re-stuffed w/ walmart polyfill, major headaches w/ my 201 and the same fill, can't even use the old fluval with either with any success..

finally found the ultimate fill for the 201.... fluval 2 plus polyester filter pads. Was using (trying to use the 1/2 series water polishing pads in both. Semi-worked on occasion for either, or neither. GRRRR.

These new things are great for the 201, don't even bother for the 401. Then, add on the juice mix. Wow, so much to learn from each other. I really can't wait til someone condenses all this into a common user friendly type encyclopedia for e-smokes.... Myself, I've spent 6 months reading and using now, still learn something daily. :))

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
Yeah, it does kind of look like there is a good bit of empty space in there. Maybe I should try to do the shredded pyramid mod and see how that goes.

I switched to the shredded teabag and it doesn't really stop the leaking either, (however does work alot better I LOVE IT) leaking for me was either because of overfilling or old filler, There is a good post: Shredded PTB with plug (or something like that) the guy has a video (the one on the second page) where he basically doubles up the material at the top (stops the leaking) and shreds the bottom) he says it helps the juice gather up next to the atty but doesn't leak, haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I switched to the shredded teabag and it doesn't really stop the leaking either, (however does work alot better I LOVE IT) leaking for me was either because of overfilling or old filler, There is a good post: Shredded PTB with plug (or something like that) the guy has a video (the one on the second page) where he basically doubles up the material at the top (stops the leaking) and shreds the bottom) he says it helps the juice gather up next to the atty but doesn't leak, haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting

Thanks, I will look into that.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
Something similar happens to me- though I lose liquid between the cart and atomizer. I think it's too much liquid. Even though it *looks* to be the right amount, and I need to use that much for good wicking, it seems to be too much for the filler. Same thing with both PTB and standard cart filling. Tho I do have to put a bit more in the regular cart, because it doesn't wick well if it's even slightly low. I just deal with it though, because if I use any more tea bag in my cart, then it is too hard to draw on, and I might as well be trying to suck on a brick.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I've had the problem with all the models I've tried but the DSE102. I don't know if it's the little inserts that hold the liquid that goes into the cartridge (what looks like the filter) or what. I don't even bother using a paper towel to soak up the overfill.
Even when I switched and started using the sterile cotton face pad things as a stuffer, did I have a problem. Of course, I let them sit after filling to allow absorption time.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
The only times I've had juice run out is when I forget and hold the e-cig with the LED down (BE112). I have learned though, and avoid this. So far with my 510 using polyfill I have not had one drop leak and have not had any trace of juice in my mouth. I tend to keep the e-cig level most of the time, but do point the LED somewhat downward when the vapor thins out prior to topping of with from 8 to 12 drops. I started using the straw mod this morning, and still am having no problems at all.

For me the PTB mod was a waste of time, effort, and juice. Once the stock carts start wicking poorly I just restuff them with polyfill. I usually use slightly less than the original amount of stuffing and I get good consistent results.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
The only times I've had juice run out is when I forget and hold the e-cig with the LED down (BE112). I have learned though, and avoid this. So far with my 510 using polyfill I have not had one drop leak and have not had any trace of juice in my mouth. I tend to keep the e-cig level most of the time, but do point the LED somewhat downward when the vapor thins out prior to topping of with from 8 to 12 drops. I started using the straw mod this morning, and still am having no problems at all.

For me the PTB mod was a waste of time, effort, and juice. Once the stock carts start wicking poorly I just restuff them with polyfill. I usually use slightly less than the original amount of stuffing and I get good consistent results.

Yeah, I always keep mine pointed down, always have. I notice that when I sit it down in my little box with the led down, that there is usually a wet spot on the side of the box and bottom from where it leaks down. I'm almost starting to think that this is about normal unless you just don't fill it up very much. I just hope that it doesn't have any long term damage on anything. I guess that these batteries are pretty sealed though, so it's good that it's coming out between the atty and the batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread