Datapoints on vaping around non vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
Other threads have gotten into some of this, but I thought it would be good to have a thread Dedicated to sharing how things went when you vaped around non vapers.

I have vaped around my family. My wife and some of the kids like the aroma. However, one son dislikes it. He fans it away, and he does not enjoy smelling it.

[And, I'm not vaping anything with nic, nor am I vaping anything with an unusual aroma. Most of the time, it's - just chocolate.]

The lesson for me has been - even if it smells good to some, not everyone is going to appreciate detecting the smell and having vapor in their space.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Ok so basicly no breathing around them at all.

Agree with this statement. It may have nothing to do with smell and just seeing someone's breath, little do they realize that we're bombarded with other people's exhalations but they don't see it. Breathing other people's breath causes us to catch airborne illnesses.

Whomever develops a personal bubble will become an instant trillionaire.

Could your son be suffering from OCD?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If I'm in their space I ask before I vape. If they are in my home it depends on who it is, but mostly I make sure people are comfortable here unless I want to resort to chemical warfare as per Ginny :)

I've found that most people are good with it. A lot of people see vapor and think smoke, so they try to avoid it. I don't blow vapor at anyone unless they ask me to. I've found if I'm vaping fruity or bakery flavors people will get over that pretty quick and sometimes actually try to get a whiff of it before the vapor dissipates. My wife dislikes the smell of a couple of my juices so I don't vape those around her.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
^^absolutely you're breathing each other's respiratory vapor (mucus/spit) basically *lol*

I've got one that most of my family swears it smells like ferret urine, so I save that one for them *lol*

nothing like a lil holiday chemical warfare.:p

Is it honey flavor? I had some and it tasted really good. However, my family said it smelled like ferrets. Ewwww!!! Lol! 8-o8-o

vapachino

Dec 25, 2014
vapetown
had one guy who religiously smokes camels tell me "you dont know what youre inhaling." i love that statement. i preceded to rattle off every ingredient in my juice that day like a born scientist then told him "now tell me whats in that cigarette."

i find that i get more ribbing from the analog smokers than the nons. the nons love the smell and often ask the flavor. the analogers just stand there knowing they want to try it but dont have the will power to put the cigs down.

*re-reading my post im laffing at the new labels ive given ppl. analogers, nons, vapers, oh my! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread