Davide Glassomizer vs. Protank 1 / 2 vs. Puritank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
texasguy4, you mentioned the Puritank will not work with your Provari. My guess is you are using the evod looking coil that came with it. Put a ProTank coil in the PuriTank and it should work. For some reason the evod coils when placed on those larger tanks such as the ProTank and the PuriTank do not work.

Strange, I run evod coils in all of my larger tanks just fine. But I'm only using an eGo...

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Strange, I run evod coils in all of my larger tanks just fine. But I'm only using an eGo...

Trust me I know it's strange and I haven't figured out why this happens. Basically the EVOD coil is not making a connection with the mod or battery. It works for some and then stops working. When it stops working then Protank coils are the only option. I suspect it's the way the evod get screwed into the base and how low the battery connector is on the mod. I am sure some tinkering with either the coil or the connector will solve the issue. But for me I am happy using a protank coil on a large tank and using the evod coils on the evods.

bertopl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I just bought 2 of the davides from viper vape. I contacted them and they verified they have them in stock, not a preorder. I'm going to try the protank coils first rather than the coils that come with it just to make sure the PT coils work. viper also said they will carry the different color options but that is at least 3 weeks out.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I just bought 2 of the davides from viper vape. I contacted them and they verified they have them in stock, not a preorder. I'm going to try the protank coils first rather than the coils that come with it just to make sure the PT coils work. viper also said they will carry the different color options but that is at least 3 weeks out.

Please let us know how they work out for you. I am still waiting on the Mini Davide. It has been pushed back till 7/30

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
Puritank will not work on my ProVari...Tightened down I get NO draw and when I back it off to get a draw, I get E8

Not quite through the first tank of liquid on the PuriTank, but the stock EVOD atty is working fine, so far, on the ProVari.
Personally, I like the draw better on the PuriTank than the airy draw of the ProTank. No difference between it and a EVOD.
After using the EVOD clearo's for a month and liking, wanted to try the PuriTank and so far quite pleased. It holds a ton of liquid.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
Protank / evidence heads work Just fine in them. This davide has an extremely smooth draw.

Do you mean it's an airy draw? Sorry if someone already answered this, but I don't like the draw of the original protank, and I don't want to buy the davide if it's just more of the same.
I assume the mini versions have the same draw as their larger counterparts?

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
About 90% of what I use is glass. I love the look and durability. Pyrex is pretty thick. I've use Pyrex cookware/kitchenware for years and can't recall breaking anything. Certainly dropping a glass tank on a hard surface is potentially a disaster, but so is dropping your mod.

I generally never drop it but I'm worried about cats and my fiancee that break havoc on my wobbly dinner table. I've had the SVD with the Protank fall onto the table and one day i'm going to end up with a broken clearo. I don't really use Pyrex, not even for cookware. It shatters.
Once I walked onto a bar and was left with the door handle in my hand. The glass shattered to pieces without anything wrong with it... Just temp difference. I HATE PYREX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread