Status
Not open for further replies.

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
I was lucky enough to win a diy kit and juice from Dawn in her diy Flavor Shack Labor Day contest. I had to go out of town for a while and did not have time to do a review or completely assess the absolutely incredibly overpacked toolbox full of stuff she sent! So, I will do one now maybe another after I have tried all of the flavors- which may take awhile!

I would like to say, wow, on shipping. Super fast!

First of all the kit: everything I need is included- vg, pg, vg&pg mix, nic liquid, flavoring, samples of already made juices (to tide me over, lol!), syringes, little pipettes (so much easier to work with than the long ones!), bottles and more bottles, blue fluval, polyfill, droppers, tweezers, gloves, apron, mixing & pouring containers, menthol chrystals, sweetner.... and I know I am forgetting some things! Seriously, this is alot of stuff!

So I chose to make the Poundcake Expert Flavoring before leaving on my trip and did a 75/25 mix. I added a drop of Butter Rum and a couple of Sweet Cream. This was a really nice vape. I think I will jazz it up a bit the next time, but even as it was it was an easy all dayer.

I also made some Sugar Cookie, with EM and lemon. That rocked. It is all gone now :(. But I can make loads more with this kit :laugh:!

She sent me Waffle ready to vape, and I have to say- it's a nice mellow waffle with maple syrup- really good breakfast vape!

The juice I chose when I won is B52 Bomber Shots. I really like this! It has a great, full flavor with a nice kick! The orange just sets it all off. If you like the drink, you should really enjoy this juice.

Besides the kit and the juice, I would like to say that the customer service from Dawn is awesome. You could not ask for a nicer person to deal with. She is always ready to answer questions and really makes a person feel special! AND she ships FAST!

Last edited by a moderator:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I agree with you 100% about the kits. They sure do have everything you need to get going. I really liked being able to pick several flavorings to get started with. It was so helpful to get a box that started me on my DIY journey. The kits are well thought out. I still have not used everything that was included in my kit.

Your post made me smile when I saw the couple of flavors you mentioned. Poundcake and Sugar Cookie. I just got those two flavors from Dawn and WOW they both were great. I have been fiddling around with both of them and find either will stand on it's own or they both make a great starting point to add other flavors to. I make a Poundcake for my wife with a little caramel and one of several fruit flavors and think I'm going to have to start making 60ml bottles rather than the 30's I've been making. Seems like she is always running out....lol. Last night I used the Sugar Cookie and added some sugar cream and dulce de leche. I can't quite describe the taste other than I can't get enough of it and it is nice and sweet. But, so far it has not gummed up the coils in my carto.

Every time I place an order I am amazed at how fast it gets processed and shipped. Over time I've found certain flavors I use more than others and have been ordering them in larger bottles. It makes things much more cost effective. I also love the little extras I find in the orders. Several of the sample flavors she included have now become staples in my little lab.

If I ever have a question, I drop an email and within an hour or so, (usually quicker), I have a reply. Several times I just could not get the drift, but Dawn was so very patient with me and never became upset with all of the notes I sent. She is one fine vendor. Your last statement is so very true.....her customer service is top notch and she does make you feel special no matter how big your order is.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Excellent point, 36TB...... One does seem to develop more of a passion for their vaping vendors than they do / did for their cigarette sellers.......LOL.
I'm not trying to come across as mean, but those who sell cigarettes know the dangers of them, yet they still are happy to sell you a pack or carton. I don't know how much they make selling them, but they in a way are vendors of death. Wonder if they think about it in that sense?
Vendors of e-cig products are selling us better health of sorts. Plus, it's so much fun surfing the various vendor sites to see what we "really" need for our vaping arsenal. We managed to get hooked on smoking and each in our own time come to realize that it's a nasty habit and we must stop or pay the consequences. The vapor vendors are helping us move toward better health and I thank them for that.
I agree with you 100% about supporting small businesses. They take the risk when they open up shop and I'm more than happy to try to support them by patronizing their sites. I know there are ones who are just in it for a quick buck, but most are good, honest people trying to sell products to better our lives.
Kind of corny analogies, but I really think it's true.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
I have been ordering from Dawn at DIY Flavor Shack for about 8 months now and I have never been disappointed with anything. Her customer service is always there to help if need be, shipping is fast, prices are reasonable and her juices are great. She always adds something special still after becoming a regular at her store. She has always given free samples of different flavors included in my order. Dawn is ...A..#1 in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread