Day 1 without an analog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
I'm new here (have been lurking for awhile though) and recently purchased a volcano inferno kit and e-juices from a bunch of different vendors. I smoked American Spirits for years (nearly a pack a day) so many of the flavors I ordered are tobacco.

After receiving the inferno I did not quit smoking- but I did cut down to 5-10 analogs per day. Most of my ejuice is 24mg and I love being able to vape all day while I work (I work at home)! My favorite ejuice is AV Bobba's Bounty -- I keep returning to it even though I have found many I like, including FSUSA American Spirit (has something similar to the analog equivalent). So, I spent the first couple of weeks trying flavors and smoking analogs when the craving for one was strong. I decided that to get through those cravings I would order some 36 mg juice and use that only as needed to avoid reaching for the analogs. Yesterday I got my 36 (MFS W tobacco at the recommendation of my father who is also new to vaping) and decided to take the plunge today!

So far (it's evening here now) I am analog free- but I have to say it is not as easy as I thought. I have used the strong 36 juice 3 or four times and basically chain vaped my Bobba's Bounty at 24 the rest of day! I hope this gets easier because I really want to quit smoking and start vaping! I'm not sure why I need so much nicotine since I have read many postings from members who smoked about as much as I did who seem very happy with 18 mg. Also I'm not sure why the analogs are so hard to leave behind when I actually love vaping!

For those of you who have quit smoking and successfully switched to vaping, what was your experience? Was it difficult? How did you get through the desire to smoke?

Thanks!

love1785

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Pennsylvania
It was not so easy for me. My first week or so I was chain vaping like it was going out of style but TRUST ME, it will get easier and then you will no longer crave that dirty tasting cig again. I personally only vaped a juice that was very similar to my brand of cigs (marlboro menthol) for the first few days then I noticed I started venturing off into different types of flavors like candies, fruits, sweet tobacco like Bobas and then the very awesome Pluid. You need to want to stop smoking the cigs and yes it does take some will power but it was the easiest way for me to stop all together. After the first 2 weeks passed I noticed I stopped hacking up my lungs, my sense of smell and taste came back full force and I started looking healthier with nicer skin. I stayed away from bars or situations where I knew it would be too hard to resist a cig for the first week or 2. You can't beat the savings either!....until you get the "bug" for mods, RBAs, diy, etc. I smoked for 16 years and didn't wanna stop so I see vaping as an alternative, a much healthier and cheaper one. Good luck and congrats on making that first step!

cstalker

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Philadelphia area, PA
I also smoked American Spirits ...I loved those things. Step 1 is the decision to quit. No matter what you use to quit you still need to be disciplined and really WANT to stop the analogs.

I agree the first week is the toughest. Even though I was getting nicotine, my body was craving the other chemicals in cigarettes. Its the perfectly packaged little death stick. After that week...much easier for me.

Fast forward to today... I'm 68 days in and LOVE vaping. Its so much more enjoyable. I can't even be around analogs now...smells disgusting.

I breath better,smell better, have a better sense of taste, and overall just feel great.

Make the decision...throw those cigs away. You'll thank yourself later. You can do it!

Quick tip: download a quit smoking app. Something that shows money savings and health benefits. Its like a handy little scoreboard.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I had to use 36mg for nearly a year to stay off the analogs, so you're not alone. I did stop smoking immediately but the cravings surfaced occasionally; I just ignored them and vaped away. Now it's almost 3.5 years later and I'm still not smoking; nic level is now down between 12mg-18mg.

The cravings will probably go away within a couple of weeks and the vaping makes them relatively easy to ignore in the meantime.

badchevy

Feb 6, 2013
Kansas City, Mo
The way I quit analogs after almost 30 years of smoking was basically 2 steps. 1- find a pv you like and 2- never light up another, when you get that craving no matter how much your mind tells you that you need a smoke pick up your pv and vape that thought away. I just passed my one month analog free and as love1785 said with each day that passes without an analog you will feel and look better giving you even more willpower.

The first month was tough for me, then it got a lot easier. I cheated during the first month...if you can call it that. I was allowed to smoke, just very minimally, during the transition so I don't really consider it a "cheat."

Eventually the cravings fade down to almost nothing. I may get a small one every few days, but they go away when I vape and I'm completely fine. At this point, I'm dropping my nicotine levels.

badchevy

Feb 6, 2013
Kansas City, Mo
After the disposable I was wanting a cig-a-like and there was a B&M with Green Smoke so me and my DW both started there. Since then we tried out a 510T and now we are both using a 808 battery with a CE3 clearomizer. I am sure our venture is not over it seems every time I see a suggestion on here for something different I find myself checking it out.

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Good job, badchevy! What pv did you get? I like my inferno quite a lot but really want to try the variable voltage/wattage thing. Hopefully you are right about each passing day and tomorrow will be easier!

I have a V4L Dial-a-Volt 1300. I'm relatively new to the ecig concept myself, but I can say that compared to the other few I've tried (Vapor King Original, WOWvapor, and 1 or 2 others) it's exponentially better. Having just started the transition from analogs to vapor after 26 years, this one is the only thing that has come close to a real cig hit. Granted I've only used pre-filled carts with it (I'm told atomizers are the way to go). I'd definitely recommend it, though I later discovered it's identical to an ego model, the Vision Twist and at least one other, all of which are cheaper than the DaV.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Stick with it! Everyone's different! I smoked the first 4 days when I started but I went from a pack or more a day to 2-5 a day. That morning cig with my coffee was the tough one for me. I also work in retail management & for some reason I decided to start vaping during the busiest holiday season of the year! What the heck was i thinking!! I vape mostly 18mg but had to run to the closest B&M for some 24mg before I lost my mind!! It gets easier & pretty soon you'll be through the tough part! Hang in there!

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
I feel for you.......I haven't quit yet.....just haven't had an analog since I got the Ego C. Still have a half pack 4 feet from where I am sitting in my jacket. I not that smart, but I think that my story has more to do with I was ready. Over 35 years of the stinkies, I was tired, but didn't have the gumption to up and quit. Friend of mine said check this site out and it seemed interesting. Read around for a few days and then took the plunge. Still had no desire to quit, but I thought I might cut down some. Since I have opened that USPS box......something happened. Sometimes I get mind lapses....I know what I wanted to say, but there are obviously ladies on here.:blush:
I think it has more to do with habit vs cravings. I am getting the nicotine, but just the everyday mind lapses have to be thought through. I think having the analogs right there on hand is like a security blanket. Sorry for the rambling, but the point I was trying to make is, .....are you experiencing cravings or habit? Figure this .....by the time you read this post a minute or two will have passed. :laugh:

Dontae92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Since Im fairly new to vaping (2 weeks), I won't say I've quit smoking yet. When I first ordered my ego kit, I had ran out of cigs and knew I'd be craving the next two days. I bought a pack and didn't finish it before the kit came. Still had about 6 cigs left but I started vaping anyway. Throughout the next week, the only reason I'd smoke a cig was to finish the pack. I couldn't believe how bad the cig had already started to taste not to mention I vape 12mg nic strength, the cig would make me light headed. Personally whenever I find myself craving a cig, I pull out my pv and vape for a while. To make it easier for me to switch, I picked up some menthol flavors which I've been happily vaping away with. I find it nice to go to gas station just to buy gas. Good Luck

Topkicker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Congrats on cutting way back!!!! That IS an accomplishment and you are well on your way from being analog free. DH and I both have the Inferno starter kits. We love them! I am one week off the analogs and it's just amazing how good I feel. I have had several hard cravings and hit the high nic until the craving has passed. Once gone, I go back to either 8mg or 0mg. Once I get my nic I love just to vape so we keep many bottles of 0mg just to vape without increasing our nic intake. I recommend getting some INFERNO 2.0 Low Resistance Atomizers. You get a lot more vapor and the vape is warmer (like analog smoke). You can drop 3 or 4 drops in there at a time which makes it easy to change flavors or decrease or increase your Nic as you need. I have found Volcanos juice is just so so. I received a shipment of Velvet Cloud Vapor this past week and fell in love. Their was no comparison between the two. Volcanos juice dries my mouth out by the second draw I am running for my water bottle. However, it got me through until I could get some juice shipments rolling in. You seem to know your taste so go with what works for you. Congrats on all that you have accomplished! Keep us posted!

I'm new here (have been lurking for awhile though) and recently purchased a volcano inferno kit and e-juices from a bunch of different vendors. I smoked American Spirits for years (nearly a pack a day) so many of the flavors I ordered are tobacco.

After receiving the inferno I did not quit smoking- but I did cut down to 5-10 analogs per day. Most of my ejuice is 24mg and I love being able to vape all day while I work (I work at home)! My favorite ejuice is AV Bobba's Bounty -- I keep returning to it even though I have found many I like, including FSUSA American Spirit (has something similar to the analog equivalent). So, I spent the first couple of weeks trying flavors and smoking analogs when the craving for one was strong. I decided that to get through those cravings I would order some 36 mg juice and use that only as needed to avoid reaching for the analogs. Yesterday I got my 36 (MFS W tobacco at the recommendation of my father who is also new to vaping) and decided to take the plunge today!

So far (it's evening here now) I am analog free- but I have to say it is not as easy as I thought. I have used the strong 36 juice 3 or four times and basically chain vaped my Bobba's Bounty at 24 the rest of day! I hope this gets easier because I really want to quit smoking and start vaping! I'm not sure why I need so much nicotine since I have read many postings from members who smoked about as much as I did who seem very happy with 18 mg. Also I'm not sure why the analogs are so hard to leave behind when I actually love vaping!

For those of you who have quit smoking and successfully switched to vaping, what was your experience? Was it difficult? How did you get through the desire to smoke?

Thanks!

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
It took me 4 months to finally let go of my cigarettes. I am working analog free for just over a week now. The hardest part for me was taste. I couldn't find any juices that I felt could get me through all day. Boba's Bounty and discovering carto's did it. Once I got the Boba Bug, it's been smooth sailing. ::edit:: well maybe not "smooth", but it has been easier with the right juice/setup ::edit::

The beginning was really rough for me. I smoked 3 packs a day. As I started vaping, and kinda forcing myself to exchange it for a cigarette, I slowly decreased that amount. In the end, just before quitting all the way, I was down to just a few cigarettes a day, to finally 1 in the morning and 1 before bed. It wasn't as easy as I'd thought. I still get a craving every now and then, but it is easier to ignore and motor through.

Wish you the best of luck! Hope you are able to knuckle through it. It does get better. As with all things, time is the key. The longer without an analog, the less of a pull it will have on you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread