DCT 6ml Major Leaking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshJD94

Jun 2, 2013
North West, UK
I bought a large DCT 6ml tank from Fast Tech based on its reviews. I also bought a new XL carto because the reviews said that the one provided in the tank was rubbish.

Upon arriving today, all looked good. I've never owned a carto-tank before, only wick based ones such as a Vivi Nova.
My tank seems to be leaking everywhere: into the cartomizer so that i physically get liquid in my mouth when vaping, it leaks out the bottom into my battery badly.

Surely there is something wrong? I took it apart, wiped every piece and re-build it, it seems to be okay now. But i don't like the fact the carto isnt secured inside, i just have to make sure i dont pull the tank, thus leaving an exposed carto still screwed into my battery and liquid everywhere. Is this something I have to live with now? Or is there something wrong? The whole structure just doesnt seem stable, i feel like i have to be very careful when touching it, incase i twist the tank and spill liquid everywhere.

Help! :(

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Sounds like the o-rings could be a tiny bit thicker, or of better quality if they've taken a "set"... a permanent compression. Did the kit include a spare set of o-rings?
When you have a leak with a carto tank, it allows air into the tank... rather than the usual vacuum that develops - that serves to prevent flooding of the carto. Once you fix the leak, no more flooding... unless the liquid transfer holes are too big or something.

Check and see if you can get replacement o-rings. If not, remove the o-rings and measure them for ID-OD and thickness - there are several carto tank makers/sellers that sell replacement o-rings for their tanks... that might fit your tank. For example, Valley View Vapes sells o-ring sets for their tanks.

C

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Ah thank you very much! I shall look into doing this if the tank starts to leak again :)
It's a shame because it looks so nice on my Lavatube, the only issue with it now is that it slightly leaks out the gaps, the carto doesnt seem to flood any more
I hate to sound like a broken record because I recommend them so often, but you might want to look at the Valley View Vapes (3V) polypro "side-fill" carto tank. The 3ml tank for $15 is the deal of the century for a very high quality carto tank with a ton of features.
Their Pyrex tanks are a great deal too... and if those don't appeal, take a look at the IBTanked carto tanks... another great tank for the money.

These folks are owner/maker/sellers, and their customer service and product quality are unsurpassed.

C

Ooops... just noticed that you're in the UK, so shipping might make these recommendations not quite the value they would be for a US vapist. Sorry.

Last edited:
I bought a large DCT 6ml tank from Fast Tech based on its reviews. I also bought a new XL carto because the reviews said that the one provided in the tank was rubbish.

Upon arriving today, all looked good. I've never owned a carto-tank before, only wick based ones such as a Vivi Nova.
My tank seems to be leaking everywhere: into the cartomizer so that i physically get liquid in my mouth when vaping, it leaks out the bottom into my battery badly.

Surely there is something wrong? I took it apart, wiped every piece and re-build it, it seems to be okay now. But i don't like the fact the carto isnt secured inside, i just have to make sure i dont pull the tank, thus leaving an exposed carto still screwed into my battery and liquid everywhere. Is this something I have to live with now? Or is there something wrong? The whole structure just doesnt seem stable, i feel like i have to be very careful when touching it, incase i twist the tank and spill liquid everywhere.

Help! :(

I agree with others that the O rings may not be sealing. Additionally, you may want to try a thicker juice. Perhaps the one you are using has a high PG content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread