Status
Not open for further replies.

alekos557

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
dayton, nv
Looks like a Gummy tank. The tank system from Vaporescense is 3 bucks cheaper. Use mine every day, swap out the cartos to clean them every couple of weeks. Might be better to get one from "Mr. Gummy" though, he invented it, so his is most likely more fine tuned. I don't know his store name, but he is on ECF.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've gotten all 3 that have been released: vaporescence, electronicstix, Nhaler. Out of those 3, vaporescence for the win.

I'm going to order a couple from COV just to compare them to the others.

So far, the only one that I've had a problem with is Nhaler's. The top cap is too loose. I opened a ticket on it. The other one I received from them is fine.

The only difference that I've noticed is how tight the tank is on the carto but other than that, they all work the same.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
which do u like better..?

Hmmm...I don't care for electronicstix because the top caps sit deeper into the tubing.
Nhaler contacted me back. Apparently, delrin will expand/shrink in the heat we've been having. They are replacing my tank for me. Great customer service. Tanks are tight on the carto's but I don't like the "punched" duals. I couldn't get either to feed properly so I wound up dremeling slots into them.
Vaporescence...I love the look. Just wish they were a tad tighter. I'm going to try a different O ring to try and tighten them up but may/may not work. I just need to find the time to do it...LOL.

Out of these 3, vaporescence wins. Don't get me wrong, they all work well but I like the looks of vaporescence's better.

I've not used a tank yet. This is interesting. I see Vaporescence uses cartomizers. Are these typical cartos or are they customized for the tank? The page does't seem to mention...does one get a choice of resistance (Ohms)?

They are regular cartomizers. The cartos have 2 slots cut into them which feeds the carto so you never have a dry, burnt hit. You can get regular resistance, dual coil, or lr's.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
Hmmm...I don't care for electronicstix because the top caps sit deeper into the tubing.
Nhaler contacted me back. Apparently, delrin will expand/shrink in the heat we've been having. They are replacing my tank for me. Great customer service. Tanks are tight on the carto's but I don't like the "punched" duals. I couldn't get either to feed properly so I wound up dremeling slots into them.
Vaporescence...I love the look. Just wish they were a tad tighter. I'm going to try a different O ring to try and tighten them up but may/may not work. I just need to find the time to do it...LOL.

Out of these 3, vaporescence wins. Don't get me wrong, they all work well but I like the looks of vaporescence's better.

They are regular cartomizers. The cartos have 2 slots cut into them which feeds the carto so you never have a dry, burnt hit. You can get regular resistance, dual coil, or lr's.

nice..i just ordered the nhaler one..just cuz they got colored tubes..but I'll give it a shot..if anything..I can just slot the cartos myself..but now that I read your post..I hope mines dosent shrink..I like in Hawaii so the heat isn't bad at all..but until the nhlaer tank shows up..I gotta say the liquinator has impressed me..bit the SS and AL versions are kinda pricey..but man do they look nice..

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
nice..i just ordered the nhaler one..just cuz they got colored tubes..but I'll give it a shot..if anything..I can just slot the cartos myself..but now that I read your post..I hope mines dosent shrink..I like in Hawaii so the heat isn't bad at all..but until the nhlaer tank shows up..I gotta say the liquinator has impressed me..bit the SS and AL versions are kinda pricey..but man do they look nice..

Got an email a little bit ago. My goofed up tank is being replaced with an XL red tube this time. I didn't know that delrin would shrink in heat..hmmm...an old cat learned something new today.

I'm going to try to get a couple of COV's tanks. Bruce said that they are tight around the carto. MAP must be reading this thread and paying attention to the biggest complaint...spinning.

Also going to order a SS tank for hubby's ProVari. He needs a new vaping gift.

Overall, I'm please with them. My hubby drives cross country and these have really come in handy for him. Empty one and screw on another. Plus the guy that goes with him went to vaping so I always send extra juice and supplies. I would rather do that then have to overnight something. This trip starts in Kansas, then to Canada, then to Florida, then to California with a stop somewhere in between, then back home to Kansas. Shewww! I did that once and the semi isn't big enough for us...LOL. The tanks will have a "well rounded" trip. So far, they haven't had any problems with leaking or carto failures.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
as with all these new innovations and inventions in vaping era..design flaws will always get better..hopefully..i just hope the carto isn't ridiculously tight..bought me a map and an arry tank a few months ago and those were a pain to change out the replacements..

Me too. I used to be a ce2 fancat but don't like them anymore because of all the fiddling. Bought the tanks for them thinking it would make things easier..nope...I couldn't change out the carto in them.

I'll give COV's a try. I hope I don't have to beat the carto's out of them like I did the ce2 tanks.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
got my cartomator today..but funny thing..thing..the dc carto it came with it weird..the threads is smaller on this one compared to all my other carto..doesn't screw on anything at all..the tank is great..but the dc leaks like crazy..must be the new wicking material..but the tanks it'ls self is a major win..gonna order the DCT map tank and compare..

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
My liquinator has been treating me very well since I got it yesterday. I wonder if Vaporescence is paying attention too since my tank seems to fit pretty snugly.

im pretty sure they are..improvement will always a product better..I love their tank..I need to order another one..soon..any one bought the SS version lately..if so..what's the turn around time..?

gheebee

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2011
North America
I got this the other day and after having a few problems, which were my fault, I got this working. I can say that in terms of vapor production and throat hit it is an improvement on the original MAP Tank, which I love, but I still have two problems. When I take the cap off to fill it the cap is extremely hard to get off (and get back on). I can see why this would be a good thing but it makes filling this thing a real pain. The bigger problem for me is putting the cap back on after filling, when I do this pushes like 1/2 the juice out the bottom of the cartomizer! It's not overfilled or anything, the juice is filled so that there would be a gap between it and the cap after it is put on, but the cap seems to push the air, which in turn pushes the juice through the punch holes and out the bottom. Perhaps I'm just not doing something right with this?

gheebee

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2011
North America
Thanks! I'd actually already tried that way too but seeing that Liquinator video made me realize I should try it again after having removed the sticker from the cartomizer so after much scraping and rubbing with everclear I finally got it all off and it's a lot easier to fill. The problem with the sticker is that it bunches up when you first put the carto in the tank so it's impossible to push the threaded end into the tank (you can push the other end in but it is also very hard with the sticker). Anyway, glad to have the tank fully filled!

Last edited:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
It seems that the rubber top of these type tanks could be adapted for an easy fill method.

Two holes extending through the rubber ends can be added. One hole ought to be large enough for a (needle tipped?) dropper bottle tip to be partially inserted. The 2nd hole is useful for letting air out of the tank while filling. Silicone or rubber plugs can be used to close the holes. They need to be near flush so as not to project significantly above the surface of the top of the tank assembly.

A variation could be a molded piece with two plugs or with firm closure, shallow caps attached and secured around the drip tip. Such a device would help avoid having to keep track of the plugs when removed for filling.

Another variation could be holes with plugs near the top realm of the tank in the polycarbonite body.

"If" a properly molded piece could be had without great tooling expense, it would definitely add value to the tank and greatly ease possible awkwardness with filling.

These are general ideas and might not necessarily apply to specific tanks that have been mentioned in this thread.

These notions are hereby deposited in the public domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread