The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Newest creation from MAP! The DCT MAP Tank!

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. themysterious1

themysterious1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2011
    Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
    Ok well I got one last week and I got my provari today was waiting to use it till I got my provari. My issue with this is that it floods my carto like CRAZY. I take a vap and I just watch the juice level go down. I than get a mouth full of juice that I almost got sick. SO what do I do to have this not suck the juice up like this? I use a 50/50 mix. Any help would be great put this aside for now till I can figure it out dont want any more juice in the mouth.I think it is the 2 holes punched into them that it gets to much juice.Any tips would be great guys.

2. snoopyjkbx

snoopyjkbx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2011
    OC, California
    hard to say without actually seeing it. it could be caused by a multitude of things such as the o-rings not creating a proper seal, overfilling the carto in the first place, to the holes being too big if you are using thin juices (50/50 doesn't necessarily mean that the juice is thick) or the carto just being plain bad. i've heard from others that once a carto has started flooding that the problem will never go away.

my carto did start flooding after about the 10th time i refilled it; I was able to "fix it" by taking the whole thing apart and blowing out excess juice, but it finally gave out and only by swapping out a new one, did it fix my flooding issue. i would suggest putting in a new carto first with slightly smaller openings. if it doesn't flood, but keeps giving you dry hits, just make the hole a little bit bigger until you find that balance.

3. okwithit

okwithit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    michigan
    bruce,

what is the main difference between this new tank and the 5ml map tank?

4. themysterious1

Feb 28, 2011
    Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
  5. REET_AZ

REET_AZ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2011
    Arizona
    The dc carto's I got with my tank have a much smaller hole. I am glad I saw this. I'm going to make my hole just a smidge bigger. Mine is a little tight/dry.

6. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    More DCT MAP Tanks in Delryn this Wed or Thurs. Get yours! Hit notify me and you will get an email notification!

7. themysterious1

Feb 28, 2011
    Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
    Dont make them to much bigger or it will just suck the juice up. Like i said I went thru a whole tank in less than 2 hrs. Im glad I get these sent with such big holes that I cant even use them.

8. REET_AZ

REET_AZ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2011
    Arizona
    I will proceed with caution!! Thanks.

9. marcalbar

marcalbar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Philippines
    I got my dct and 2 extra cartos a few days ago. I noticed that every time I refill the tank, there is juice that leaks out the threaded end of the carto. So I ruled out the o-rings. I was thinking maybe there is a hole in the air hole of the carto?

What do you guys think?

10. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    SoCal
    Maybe you are accidentally getting juice down the center post somehow?

11. marcalbar

marcalbar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Philippines
    I don't think so. I removed the top cap and poured a bit of juice in the tank itself and not the carto. When the juice went in the punched hole, that's when a few drops started coming out the bottom.

Hmmm...

12. billyapd21

billyapd21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2011
    New York
    Ok so I've had my tank for about two weeks and it has worked flawlessly, however it has just started to flood really bad. The entire carto fills up to the point that it won't even fire. This has happened with the same carto so I figured it was time to replace it. Now the new one is doing it. I don't think its because the holes are to big. What could be causing this? I really love this thing and need it to work like it originally did. I just started using it on my Altsmoke BB, could that have anything to do with it?

13. billyapd21

billyapd21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2011
    New York
    Any help guys? I really need to figure this out!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

14. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    If the airflow is restricted by the connection on your new PV you could be drawing excess juice into the carto from your draws. Try blowing in out of the airway and then drawing slower, easier. If this works you may need to open the air veins on your PV's connector.

Just a shot in the dark, but I notice that I can "flood" the carto if I draw too hard.

15. gjrhine

gjrhine Super Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Sunny South Carolina
    I already have a bunch of these cartos. Will they fit in this tank?

"Approximately 10m in diameter 50mm long."

16. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Black Delryn DCT MAP Tanks are back in stock!

17. NubeeResearcher

NubeeResearcher Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2011
    Brooklyn, NYC
  18. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    yup...that'll do it...:)..I love my DCT tank...Mine is white...it works great...thinking I might need another..lol

19. NubeeResearcher

NubeeResearcher Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2011
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Do you think white would be cuter with the titanium KGO or black? White sounds interesting...

20. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    I would go with white....jmo...:)...but blk will match well too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.