The Newest creation from MAP! The DCT MAP Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
Ok well I got one last week and I got my provari today was waiting to use it till I got my provari. My issue with this is that it floods my carto like CRAZY. I take a vap and I just watch the juice level go down. I than get a mouth full of juice that I almost got sick. SO what do I do to have this not suck the juice up like this? I use a 50/50 mix. Any help would be great put this aside for now till I can figure it out dont want any more juice in the mouth.I think it is the 2 holes punched into them that it gets to much juice.Any tips would be great guys.

snoopyjkbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
OC, California
hard to say without actually seeing it. it could be caused by a multitude of things such as the o-rings not creating a proper seal, overfilling the carto in the first place, to the holes being too big if you are using thin juices (50/50 doesn't necessarily mean that the juice is thick) or the carto just being plain bad. i've heard from others that once a carto has started flooding that the problem will never go away.

my carto did start flooding after about the 10th time i refilled it; I was able to "fix it" by taking the whole thing apart and blowing out excess juice, but it finally gave out and only by swapping out a new one, did it fix my flooding issue. i would suggest putting in a new carto first with slightly smaller openings. if it doesn't flood, but keeps giving you dry hits, just make the hole a little bit bigger until you find that balance.

Ok well I got one last week and I got my provari today was waiting to use it till I got my provari. My issue with this is that it floods my carto like CRAZY. I take a vap and I just watch the juice level go down. I than get a mouth full of juice that I almost got sick. SO what do I do to have this not suck the juice up like this? I use a 50/50 mix. Any help would be great put this aside for now till I can figure it out dont want any more juice in the mouth.I think it is the 2 holes punched into them that it gets to much juice.Any tips would be great guys.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Heres some pics of what it looks like took me like less than 2 hrs to empty the tank. Cant afford to empty a tank in less than 2 hrs. Looks like the holes are WAY to big to me I could probably get by with just one that size. So the other carto I got with it the holes are that big also so I guess Im gonna have to get some more. LMK what u guys think.

P8290217.jpg picture by cavsfan08 - Photobucket

P8290217.jpg picture by cavsfan08 - Photobucket

The dc carto's I got with my tank have a much smaller hole. I am glad I saw this. I'm going to make my hole just a smidge bigger. Mine is a little tight/dry.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
The dc carto's I got with my tank have a much smaller hole. I am glad I saw this. I'm going to make my hole just a smidge bigger. Mine is a little tight/dry.

Dont make them to much bigger or it will just suck the juice up. Like i said I went thru a whole tank in less than 2 hrs. Im glad I get these sent with such big holes that I cant even use them.

MiXoLoGiSt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
SoCal
I got my dct and 2 extra cartos a few days ago. I noticed that every time I refill the tank, there is juice that leaks out the threaded end of the carto. So I ruled out the o-rings. I was thinking maybe there is a hole in the air hole of the carto?

What do you guys think?

Maybe you are accidentally getting juice down the center post somehow?

marcalbar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Philippines
Maybe you are accidentally getting juice down the center post somehow?

I don't think so. I removed the top cap and poured a bit of juice in the tank itself and not the carto. When the juice went in the punched hole, that's when a few drops started coming out the bottom.

Hmmm...

billyapd21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
New York
Ok so I've had my tank for about two weeks and it has worked flawlessly, however it has just started to flood really bad. The entire carto fills up to the point that it won't even fire. This has happened with the same carto so I figured it was time to replace it. Now the new one is doing it. I don't think its because the holes are to big. What could be causing this? I really love this thing and need it to work like it originally did. I just started using it on my Altsmoke BB, could that have anything to do with it?

billyapd21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
New York
Ok so I've had my tank for about two weeks and it has worked flawlessly, however it has just started to flood really bad. The entire carto fills up to the point that it won't even fire. This has happened with the same carto so I figured it was time to replace it. Now the new one is doing it. I don't think its because the holes are to big. What could be causing this? I really love this thing and need it to work like it originally did. I just started using it on my Altsmoke BB, could that have anything to do with it?

Any help guys? I really need to figure this out!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
If the airflow is restricted by the connection on your new PV you could be drawing excess juice into the carto from your draws. Try blowing in out of the airway and then drawing slower, easier. If this works you may need to open the air veins on your PV's connector.

Just a shot in the dark, but I notice that I can "flood" the carto if I draw too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread