The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Newest creation from MAP! The DCT MAP Tank!

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. .gregory

.gregory Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    Just a little bump on the leaking issues- I have experienced this problem many times; it seems if your quick to wipe off both the male and the female 510 connectors, you can prevent a mouthful of juice. If possible, give it a rest, come back to it in ten minutes, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I have found no correlation between chain vaping and leaking, however, if it's already leaking, and your chain vaping, your going to be gulping juice. Though the leaking is a pain, the benefits of the dct far out ways this minor incontinence. When all else fails, clean it out, and start with a fresh carto. Infact, I haven't killed a carto yet, I have only replaced it due to leaking issues-

2. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    when I assemble mine...I put the topcap on just enough so it won't leak..turn it sideways or upside down.. so no juice is over the hole in carto and then push cap on...then juice doesn't get pushed in carto and leak...:)

3. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't believe the leaking issue has anything to do with the filling technique or the tank, i am convinced it has to do with the cart. I have seen this happen out of the blue on carts without the tank, the juice pools in female side of the 510, seeming to pull juice put of the cart; if you blow them out, you will almost empty the cart or tank.

4. debb

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    that happened to me...I stopped filling my cartos fully first....but if you put the air bubble over the hole and blow ...it doesn't empty the tank..:)

edit....if you don't put the air bubble over the hole ...it forces juice into the carto...

5. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    I think I get you- I don't understand what the air bubble refers to though. Could you walk me through your process-

6. debb

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    I fill the tank....put the cap on lightly....tip the tank so there is no juice over the carto hole while holding the cap..(looks like an air bubble over the hole)...then snap the cap on...check for leaking...if needed I make air bubble over the hole again and blow carto lightly...hth..:)

7. misplacedsooner

misplacedsooner Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    any idea when the pre punched cartos will be back on cov?? i just got a map tank and would like to get 1 or 2 pre punched to start out before i start trying to punch my own. if anyone has a spare or 2 to get me started id gladly reimburse you for the trouble.

8. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    There super easy to punch. Place the cart in an open book, get a sheet rock screw (or something like that) tap with a hammer, I used to give a small dent with a flat head screw driver before using the screw, kept the screw in place. Really easy!

9. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
    so i just barely want to penetrate the metal correct? also the height of the hole worries me....i just wanna get it right,lol.

10. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    Yup- barely penetrate the cart- place holes directly above white silicone condom. So easy. The book helps out a ton.

11. misplacedsooner

Aug 30, 2011
    stillwater, oklahoma
  12. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    I always use 2, but a lot of people use 1. I don't know if it would make a big difference though.

13. debb

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    I still slot mine..I like the slots better...some like the punches better...I use one slot on mine..:)....

14. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    Why do you prefer slots?

15. Kenzi

Kenzi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I was just thinking I would order one of these Map Tanks but now ,after reading through , I'm thinking I might want to wait and see if they improve them ,...leaking - ick.

16. debb

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    two reasons....
    1. the slots work for me (I do one small slot) ..so if it ain't broke don't fix it :D.....just sayin

2. I bought a dremel just for slotting....so I don't want the purchase to go to waste...lol

17. debb

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    I think any tank will leak if not filled properly...I have all different tanks...and they all have the same rule.....have the air bubble over the slot when you put top cap on....and I don't prefill my carto, it's what works for me......Improving the tank won't stop leaking as long as the leak is from the carto... its a leaky carto not a leaky tank.... .......it's user error, for me anyway...lol...I have it down now....there is a learning curve...but lots of how to help out there...:)..

18. .gregory

Jun 20, 2011
    New Haven
    The only improvements that can be made are with the cartos.

19. gman1000

gman1000 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Guam
    +1 on the cartos.

20. debb

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    that's what I said above...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.