The Newest creation from MAP! The DCT MAP Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.gregory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Haven
Just a little bump on the leaking issues- I have experienced this problem many times; it seems if your quick to wipe off both the male and the female 510 connectors, you can prevent a mouthful of juice. If possible, give it a rest, come back to it in ten minutes, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I have found no correlation between chain vaping and leaking, however, if it's already leaking, and your chain vaping, your going to be gulping juice. Though the leaking is a pain, the benefits of the dct far out ways this minor incontinence. When all else fails, clean it out, and start with a fresh carto. Infact, I haven't killed a carto yet, I have only replaced it due to leaking issues-

Last edited:

.gregory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Haven
when I assemble mine...I put the topcap on just enough so it won't leak..turn it sideways or upside down.. so no juice is over the hole in carto and then push cap on...then juice doesn't get pushed in carto and leak...:)

I don't believe the leaking issue has anything to do with the filling technique or the tank, i am convinced it has to do with the cart. I have seen this happen out of the blue on carts without the tank, the juice pools in female side of the 510, seeming to pull juice put of the cart; if you blow them out, you will almost empty the cart or tank.

.gregory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Haven
that happened to me...I stopped filling my cartos fully first....but if you put the air bubble over the hole and blow ...it doesn't empty the tank..:)

edit....if you don't put the air bubble over the hole ...it forces juice into the carto...

I think I get you- I don't understand what the air bubble refers to though. Could you walk me through your process-

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I was just thinking I would order one of these Map Tanks but now ,after reading through , I'm thinking I might want to wait and see if they improve them ,...leaking - ick.

I think any tank will leak if not filled properly...I have all different tanks...and they all have the same rule.....have the air bubble over the slot when you put top cap on....and I don't prefill my carto, it's what works for me......Improving the tank won't stop leaking as long as the leak is from the carto... its a leaky carto not a leaky tank.... .......it's user error, for me anyway...lol...I have it down now....there is a learning curve...but lots of how to help out there...:)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread