Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hi everyone, well I finally got up the nerve to actually make and post a video. It is a quick and easy tutorial on the MAP DCT. I know I am going to get Flamesprayed on this as it is my first one. So Here I sit bracing for shock.

Short Tutorial On The Stainless Steel DCT - YouTube

Enjoy Folks;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
That is going to be in one of my next videos :D I am just starting to try and get the hang of this so I can do some video reviews of a few things I have purchased and some much better "How To' Segments as well.

You are right though I gotta get this sound thing fixed, I am going to try and use a separate Mic on the next video for actually Dremeling the Carto.

Thank you very much for the feedback, that is the only thing that will make what I do better is knowing what Y'all need me to focus on or fix;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Oh, what the hell was that? You suck...................I'm just joking with you man LOL

That was a pretty good "how to" tutorial and easy enough to understand. Better then some others I've seen. Nice job on your first video.

Great start! Looking forward to more of your tutorials.

Thank you very much, I look forward to making more as soon as time permits. Going to be doing some sound testing to try and get that part ironed out so that it comes through a little better on the next one.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Good vid! You're right, I missed this while ECF was down and I was busy running around flailing my arms repeating "whatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo?!" in between chain vapes. Audio is always a fussy thing to get right. I recently did my first video review as well (in the E-cigarette video reviews section) and the sound wasn't great there either - though that was in large part because I had a fan going. (It was hot and very humid when I did it.)

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Good vid! You're right, I missed this while ECF was down and I was busy running around flailing my arms repeating "whatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo?!" in between chain vapes. Audio is always a fussy thing to get right. I recently did my first video review as well (in the E-cigarette video reviews section) and the sound wasn't great there either - though that was in large part because I had a fan going. (It was hot and very humid when I did it.)

LOL I hear ya, I was doing the same thing, it was a serious panic attack for a lot of folks yesterday :D

Yeah it was here as well, and I had turned the fan off but I think I simply had the mic too far away from me to really pick up the sound really well as the mic is not a high def mic. I am going to look into getting one of those so it will be easier to get good sound without a lot of feedback like that one had. Something with noise cancellation would be best :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Yeah I took a really close look at the slit after cutting it and I did not detect any metal shavings in it. I figure that since most of tese are machined metal of some sort anyways there is most likely already metal shaving in the cartos right out of the factory anyways so even if I did get some extra ones in there it is probably not a major issue.

As far as pushing the carto up through the O-Ring, I have discovered that by replacing the rubber stopper that comes with it it makes it go through much easier. That and I have 100 extra internal cap O-Rings so even if I forget to replace the cap and one happens to tear I can just replace it really quick and go on about my vaping :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Yeah they do wear out now and again, I have replaced mine once, but now that I know it is easier on them to put the rubber end cap back on the carto prior to pulling it down into the thank to fill because it goes back in a lot easier I should get much better mileage out of the rings :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread