Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I've been requested by Boge to run a drive and collect everyone's bad batteries and atomizers. I will take down everyone's name and what they sent me. Then I will send all the bad parts to Boge (with the owner's name). Boge will replace the bad parts, and I will send them to everyone once I receive them from Boge.

The reason for this is there have been a few complaints that a few of the vendors of the Boge Leo products haven't been fulfilling their warranty. George Xia, Director of Marketing and Sales for Boge, has asked me to do this. With the dead atomizers they can determine what the issue is that causes this, and come up with a solution, be it in use of the atomizers or production issues.

Everyone with dead atomizers please contact me via PM for my address. I will respond as soon as I can, and get this ball rolling. I'd like to do this by the end of January if possible. I will collect the parts and label them respectively with their owners' names and addresses. (Please include where you purchased your atomizers, also).

What I'll need:
Your full name, ECF name, address and a contact phone number. Also where you purchased your Leo and when. Of course I'll need the dead atomizer, too. Your shipping should cost a buck or two (I'm in Ohio). Sorry, this won't be refundable. However, you'll get a new, working atomizer (or battery) out of the deal.

Please expect this to take a few weeks. By the time I gather the parts, ship them back to Boge, they test them, etc., and ship me new parts to again, ship back to you, we may be looking at the end of February. Remember, China is on Holiday from Feb. 3rd to the 14th.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Is this going to be an on going or a one time offer? The reason I ask is one of the reasons I haven't purchased a Leo is the reports of underperforming atomizers (the others are the inability to get the colors I want and the reports of cartridge wicking issues).

Caged, for now I will handle this. We'll see how this program goes. I know there are maybe 10 or so reports of bad atomizers and batteries combined. That's not a bad ratio compared to the hundreds of thousands of units sold by Boge world wide (Boge is filling an order now for 250K units). Take a look at how many Joye ego problems there are and compare... tons of threads on dead batteries, dead 510 atties, carts, cartos, etc. Anyway, I am doing this because there are a couple resellers of the Leo who are not honoring the warranties on the Leo or its parts. Boge recognizes this and is doing what they can to not only make their customers happy, but to find the problem and solve it. Any bad atomizers and batteries will be sent back to Boge (by myself), whereby the R&D team will find the problems and see what or how to fix them. If a press that inserts the wick is off a little, it may not be noticeable until used. If a wire is getting in the way, it can be moved, etc.

As for wicking problems, I am almost certain it is the juice used. Thinner juice like Dekang juice works great. I use it almost exclusively and can refill a cartridge for several days before the heat from the atomizer begins to shrink the poly fill. That shrinkage draws the poly fill away from the wick of the atomizer, and thus creates a higher heat, which shrinks the poly fill even more. I correct my poly fill each time I fill with a pair of tweezers. I make sure it is level with the top/end of the cartridge. After a few days it becomes frayed or shrunk too much and I throw it out and start a new one.

Thicker juice, with as little as 20% VG, tends to wick slower (it's thicker, after all). I find that when I use PG/VG mixes they don't wick as well, thus over heating the poly fill and creating a clot, of sorts, of juice about half way up the cartridge. One might try a blue foam mod with this type of juice.

Do wicking problems stop ego buyers from buying 510 atties and carts? Nope, they find solutions with PTB mods and blue foam.

Next month, if things go right, Boge should be releasing something fantastic to go with their Leo. Not just the new Leo cartomizers, but something even better, dare I say, cooler!

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Caged, for now I will handle this. We'll see how this program goes. I know there are maybe 10 or so reports of bad atomizers and batteries combined. That's not a bad ratio compared to the hundreds of thousands of units sold by Boge world wide (Boge is filling an order now for 250K units). Take a look at how many Joye ego problems there are and compare... tons of threads on dead batteries, dead 510 atties, carts, cartos, etc. Anyway, I am doing this because there are a couple resellers of the Leo who are not honoring the warranties on the Leo or its parts. Boge recognizes this and is doing what they can to not only make their customers happy, but to find the problem and solve it. Any bad atomizers and batteries will be sent back to Boge (by myself), whereby the R&D team will find the problems and see what or how to fix them. If a press that inserts the wick is off a little, it may not be noticeable until used. If a wire is getting in the way, it can be moved, etc.

As for wicking problems, I am almost certain it is the juice used. Thinner juice like Dekang juice works great. I use it almost exclusively and can refill a cartridge for several days before the heat from the atomizer begins to shrink the poly fill. That shrinkage draws the poly fill away from the wick of the atomizer, and thus creates a higher heat, which shrinks the poly fill even more. I correct my poly fill each time I fill with a pair of tweezers. I make sure it is level with the top/end of the cartridge. After a few days it becomes frayed or shrunk too much and I throw it out and start a new one.

Thicker juice, with as little as 20% VG, tends to wick slower (it's thicker, after all). I find that when I use PG/VG mixes they don't wick as well, thus over heating the poly fill and creating a clot, of sorts, of juice about half way up the cartridge. One might try a blue foam mod with this type of juice.

Do wicking problems stop ego buyers from buying 510 atties and carts? Nope, they find solutions with PTB mods and blue foam.

Next month, if things go right, Boge should be releasing something fantastic to go with their Leo. Not just the new Leo cartomizers, but something even better, dare I say, cooler!

I think that the wicking issues is the juice. The makers are using their juice and alot of us are using thicker american mixed juice. Something the makers should look into

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Agreed, MGMRick. This may also be an issue of why some of the atomizers are burning out. Thicker juices clogging up, making the user inhale harder and longer, which in turn over heats the atomizer causing it to burn out sooner?

I have used mostly PG only juices since I got my first Leo. I add just a touch (maybe 10%) of VG to each to give it just a little thickness, sweetness and vapor quantity. My atties are all still good.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD

I can agree with atomizer issues being small percentage, but the majority of the hundereds of thousands of users don't post here so the ratio is skewed (of course, those with problems are probably more likely to search out a forum and complain -- you can only rely on counting the warranty/defect returns which some retailers aren't honoring). I wouldn't care as much if the atomizers were cheaper. The issues with the EGO don't bother me as much since you can buy an atty for only a few dollars if you look around. For $12, it should be bullet proof and if there's a problem it should be taken care of.

I also don't care for 100% PG juices at all. I'm currently using an 80/20 ratio and I'm thinking about upping it to 50/50. Since I'm not a fan of a strong throat hit and I love tons of vapor, I think a higher VG ratio will suit me well, something that the Leo doesn't appear to be suited for at this time.

I guess the Leo isn't for me at this time then. It's a shame because it's the only big battery system I'm interested in. For now, I think I'm going to pass on being an early adopter and wait to see what comes out next month and in the future. The cartomizers I got from Bloog have no wicking issues at all. I don't understand why other products do.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I've found this wicking problem with any manufacturer's units, though, not just the Leo. Even the little 510 cartridges seem to hold some of the juice at the top, not wicking correctly. Any brand cartomizers are notorious for not wicking thick, VG juices. Those fancy, expensive CE2-r4 cartomizers are horrid, IMHO, for wicking the more viscous parts of a juice first, leaving the thicker VG stuff behind. I went through several of them trying to get them to wick right with no luck. And yes, they were the revision 4 ones. I paid a lot of money for those and they work worse then regular cartomizers. With thin juices I have no problem. As soon as I get a juice 20% or more VG my cartomizers and cartridges start clogging half way through, no matter what brand I use.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I can agree with atomizer issues being small percentage, but the majority of the hundereds of thousands of users don't post here so the ratio is skewed (of course, those with problems are probably more likely to search out a forum and complain -- you can only rely on counting the warranty/defect returns which some retailers aren't honoring). I wouldn't care as much if the atomizers were cheaper. The issues with the EGO don't bother me as much since you can buy an atty for only a few dollars if you look around. For $12, it should be bullet proof and if there's a problem it should be taken care of.

I also don't care for 100% PG juices at all. I'm currently using an 80/20 ratio and I'm thinking about upping it to 50/50. Since I'm not a fan of a strong throat hit and I love tons of vapor, I think a higher VG ratio will suit me well, something that the Leo doesn't appear to be suited for at this time.

I guess the Leo isn't for me at this time then. It's a shame because it's the only big battery system I'm interested in. For now, I think I'm going to pass on being an early adopter and wait to see what comes out next month and in the future. The cartomizers I got from Bloog have no wicking issues at all. I don't understand why other products do.

Yes, attys are a bit more expensive but bulletproof? I have popped 2 510 atty in a month. It is about the same.

I use mostly vg and the 2nd atty is just fine for 30+ days. If it was a truly design flaw, would this one not have been affected?

If it is strictly more vapor you are looking for, then you may be right. I actually produce more vapor with other models than with the leo. Maybe it's just me. I drip 2 drops for the ego, kr8 etc and 4 in the leo and ego has about 1.5 - 2x the vapor.

In the positive column for the Leo:
no leaks, no juice in my mouth, long batt life, less dripping, consistent and good TH. It is almost as good as my 510 atty using a 5v and there I have to be careful of overheating.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Boge is hot on the issue with the wicking of thicker VG juices. They are right now experimenting with cartridge fillers and mods, as well as the atomizers themselves. In the mean time, they are going on Spring Festival Holiday. In mid February watch for the release of the Leo cartomizer. I'm told it holds 4ml of juice and creates phenomenal vapor. They also have a new feature they've been experimenting with that may just solve any wicking issues... but that is coming sometime after their holiday.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Well, just lost a battery :(
All my attys are still going strong though. I'm sure my supplier will replace the battery, so I don't think I'll need your program.... but I'm glad it's there just in case!
Still waiting for cartomisers! I've learned to get 50/50 vg/pg juice to work, but its a bit of a pain... thinking of trying the buff puff mod or the blue foam dart next.
It's all part of life's rich pageant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread