The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Your Dead Leo Batteries

Discussion in 'The Leo' started by TODSHO, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TODSHO

TODSHO Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2011
    OHIO, USA
    Hello all....does anyone have any dead leo batteries that they can give up...i am in need of some parts that i can't buy....i already have a thread in the clasifieds but no luck so i thought i would ask here....if it is wrong to ask here...i appologize...just shoot me a pm if you can help or point me in the right direction...thanx

2. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    guess that says alot for leo batteries...I have 4 of them but none dead....sorry

3. TODSHO

Jan 26, 2011
    OHIO, USA
    Thats true...not one reply! They all must be hangin in pretty good. Mine hase ben charged about 30-50 times and still goin strong...still lasts a whole day just like new.

4. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Yeh boge leo 4 ml cartomizer should be out this week...and rumor they are working on a tank system now

5. amrnation

amrnation Moved On

Mar 17, 2011
    Mass
    Leos rock :) I also have a classifieds for leo's :D not for batterys but for accessorys XD

6. TODSHO

Jan 26, 2011
    OHIO, USA
    Already have my cartomizers on order..just waiting for themto arive!
    And yes amrnation...leos rock! I think i have an extra titanium sanitary cap...but has no jewel...just flat cap where the jewel would be...came that way.

7. Jackal3

Jackal3 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    Todsho, where in Ohio are you? I'm in the Cleveland area. I'd love to get a vapor gathering going. Maybe get Vaporbomb in on the action too. They're in the Akron area.

8. TODSHO

Jan 26, 2011
    OHIO, USA
    Hey jackal3...I'm in Youngstown.... about 1 - 1-1/2 hours from Cleveland and 45min to an hour from Akron. Funny you should mention that..I was thinking the same thing.

9. wazzup592

wazzup592 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio USA
    I'm in a suberb south of Cleveland. Cleveland technically is ten mins away

10. ThomasP

ThomasP Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2010
    Western PA USA
    I have not had a battery die since they came out with the sealed ones. I was flooding the other ones by over dripping.

11. hurricanegirl100

hurricanegirl100 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Can I come too? West side of Cleveland/a regular customer w/Vaporbomb and I'll bring my Leos with me lol....seriously! That would a really nice thing to plan for on if it was held on a Saturday/Sunday!

12. hurricanegirl100

Oh...sorry, Tod, but these dumb Leo batteries just won't die! I'd be happy to give you a holler in a few months, (provided they FINALLY die!)
    if you'd like!

13. Kimmie0515

Kimmie0515 Full Member Verified Member

I just had one die today. You can hear me rant in a new thread I just posted. After I make sure tomorrow that it cannot be replaced and I don't need to send it back, I can give it to you.

14. Kimmie0515

Kimmie0515 Full Member Verified Member

I just noticed this was posted a while ago. Do you still want batteries?

15. zengrrl

zengrrl Full Member

Nov 8, 2010
    seattle
    My first Leo battery lasted a year. Every single one of them since has lasted 3 months TOPS. I just lost another one this morning, which was ordered less than 6 weeks ago!!!!! I'm VERY NOT HAPPY with the new batteries that you can turn on and off....I believe it's the switch and it SUCKS:mad:

16. zengrrl

zengrrl Full Member

Nov 8, 2010
    seattle
    An update: There were a number of "bad batches" of Leo batteries, but thanks to the work of people like Michelle at ecigarsenal.com, the problem seems to have been addressed....she has been in contact with the manufacturer(s) in China, and they were alerted to the faulty switches, not only by her but by others, probably vapingzone, as well, anyway, my last few batteries (both the solid blue leds and the on/off function bats) have worked quite well. Not expecting the original year's duration anymore but would be delighted with a three to six month life....will keep you posted.

17. hurricanegirl100

(looks questioningly at her Leo...) I've had this one since mid-February (Got it from Michele at ECA) and while it's starting to last 6-7 hours instead of 8-10 on a charge, it's still working nicely! My other two (also from ECArsenal) are only one month younger than this one and they're still lasting 8-10 hours with absolutely no performance problems...I think you're gonna be fine! Mistakes happen..:blink:

18. zengrrl

zengrrl Full Member

Nov 8, 2010
    seattle
    I wish it were true, but the replacements I ordered only lasted July 1 or thereabouts to today, August 20. One was the old steady blue type and one the on/off switch type. The on/off type started blinking wildly for no reason, and when I charged it until the light went off, it was very hot to the touch. The steady blue just stopped charging at all, though I can still use it occasionally as a pass through. They both went "out" within a few days of each other. I am totally unimpressed. I ordered another two Boge Leo batts today and I will let you all know how long the next batch lasts. If it is less than 3 months again, it could be:

(a) the batteries are faulty;
    (b) my method of recharging is faulty (either through a car charger or through a laptop usb) in which case I should get an outlet charger?

But I'm so darned tired of the problem I'm tempted to change brands. Will keep you posted.

zengrrl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.