Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well I thought they all had the 3 or 5 click on/off, but no this one doesn't. I've tried charging it several times and noticed the red light goes off after just a few minutes and it's not charging or working at all.

I would contact the vendor then and ask for a replacement or a refund or a different product.

:)

another thought---are you plugging the passthru into a wall charger or a computer usb port? Passthrough require a 5v charger and your computer usb might not be strong enough or may have burned out?

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It came with a USB charger. I don't own a wall charger, maybe I should try one.

Go to Wal-Mart and look next to where they sell power/surge protectors. As long as it says 5v you are good to go. Just make sure you have a usb port to plug into. They are really inexpensive and even if this does not solve your current problem, you will end up needing one or two during some point in your vaping journey.

Let us know how it goes.

:)

JustMe2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Southern Arizona
Well I thought they all had the 3 or 5 click on/off, but no this one doesn't. I've tried charging it several times and noticed the red light goes off after just a few minutes and it's not charging or working at all.

Try pushing the button pass the 5 clicks. It should come on if its charged...Click the button 6, 7 or 8 times and see what happens..

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Here are the details from the SmokTech website. It has a 5 click on/ off feature. Realize many of these passthrus will only work when the battery is charged even while being plugged in. As far as using a usb port I don't advise as it "could potentially" damage your MB or usb port.
ego passthrough battery

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
If the battery didn't have a charge upon arrival and you plugged it in it won't have enough charge to work. It will take approx. 5 minutes to build up enough battery juice to start working properly as a pass-through. I've had 4 of these and that's been the case in all 4 if it's not your computers usb output. If this isn't the problem it could be a bad cord or a bad battery in either case it's a problem for the company and you would need to contact them. Good Luck! Hopefully Happy Vaping!! :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread