Dead rabbit clone safety concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
OK so I made post on vaping group on facebook last about my dead rabbit clone rda, I had one in the past with no problems but just got a new one and someone claimed that the clone blew up their mod because of the cheap metals used. He said it was mech mod and warned me to be very careful, but I use an aegis legend which is regulated. Honestly, it sounds a little off to me but you never know and I want to check it out so I'm using my wasp nano rdta for now until I get all the facts...

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It’s extremely difficult to blow up a regulated mod. While absurdly low production quality is not uncommon amongst clones, the probability that he mishandled the mech is vastly more likely. The most common battery venting issue I know of with mechs is people who use a hybrid mech with an atty with a non protruding post. While this is arguably the fault of the atty, I personally class it as a mishandling error as that atty should never have been screwed into that device. It may also of course may very well have been a faulty insulator, a mismachined part, or overly soft and brittle zinc alloy used instead of stainless steel that did it, which would be an atty fault.
None the less, with a regulated mod, your chances of being poisoned by heavy metals leaching into your juice is really much higher than you blowing up your mod.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Without knowing the source I'd take the info with a grain of salt and make my own decision. I've seen some supposedly experienced mech users do some real stupid stuff.
*raises his hand guiltily*. Yeah back in the day I blew up two 18350s in the same mod by putting a rampantly unsafe pipe mod in my pocket twice. I guess I learn slow.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
"Clones" is not a useful term. There's a big difference between replicas and counterfeits.

Replica manufacturers imitate, but stand with their own name for the things they produce.
Counterfeit manufacturers don't do that = zero accountability.

It's why I would trust replica companies like Shenray much more than those unnamed companies selling their "clones" on Fasttech or so...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm curious. The DR is not a terribly expensive rda. It's not like buying a clobe/replica of a higher end expensive rda like a Venna or KRMA or whatnot. Why choose a clone that might have inferior build quality when the price differential isn't all that great if you shop carefully and look for sales? I'm not eceb talking from a safety perspective, although a clone might well have a cheaper and more prone to failure insulator or the specs and fit are not all that great. You might have a good experience with it, but if you don't, was it because it was a poorly made clone of a mass produced rda in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread