Dealing with Multiple Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

traten

Sep 25, 2014
SE PA USA
Still not completely off cigarettes after a year-and-half of vaping, I stopped to buy a once weekly pack of Marlboro Menthol Blue "Smooth" at a local (WaWa) convenience store that carries almost every known brand of tobacco products.

The Marlboro selection seems to run to dozens of flavors and colors. The clerk had to work her way around a large three-sided rack to find what I wanted after showing me the face of a number of packs.

It made me think of the multiplicity of vape choices that have popped up even in the short time since I picked up my first starter package. I've since worked my way through at least 20 variations of pen, box, regulated, and unregulated mods. Recognizing that we all seem to have favorites we've settled on even in the face of not having tried every possible device (not possible, actually), and, of course, wanting to justify our own selections-- I want to give you my list of current favorites:

1. Device: Anything iTaste, Eleaf

2. Liquids/juice: Anything Nicoticket

3. tank: Aspire Nautilis Mini

My criterion has been reliability, ease of use, cleanliness of flavor, and moderate and controllable vapor production. I don't especially seek huge clouds but am happy when I get them. I have several unregulated mod clones, doesn't seem to matter what they are or where I got them, they all work well. Some require more maintenance than others-- mostly with buttons and springs-- but I can deal with that. I use these at home only to avoid any chance of accidental power tripping when traveling.

The point I'd like to make is that we all have so much to choose from. Finding a "just right" combination is not easy. You may have found one that's right for you.

Reactions: IMFire3605

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I often describe my vape experience as an ongoing journey.

I started vaping with the usual cigalike setups. I had smoked Marlboro Menthol Lights, so Ice Menthol was my first flavor used.

I've since moved on to mechanical and regulated mods (Silver Bullet and Provari). I moved on from those refillable cartomizers on the cigalikes, to clearomizers and cartotanks for the mods, and I now use rebuildable atomizers exclusively. I typically have over 10 favorite flavors at my disposal at any time after trying scores of them.

I've rarely purchased any new gear in the last year or so, I'm happy with what I'm using. If I were considering a new purchase, I'd surely research the item on YouTube, in particular with PBusardo. He is IMHO the most thorough and unbiased reviewer of vaping gear.

It's been quite a journey and I'm at a happy place with vaping.

Last edited:

traten

Sep 25, 2014
SE PA USA
In a way, I'm also addressing the great variation that exists among us as users of this wide selection of vaping gear. I read posts that seem to want to divide us into camps. I'd prefer we join in the larger effort to view vaping as a sensible, less harmful, alternative to tobacco as a way to satisfy our craving for nicotine. I admit to being addicted to nicotine in the same way I'm addicted to caffeine. I'm comfortable about both.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Still not completely off cigarettes after a year-and-half of vaping, I stopped to buy a once weekly pack of Marlboro Menthol Blue "Smooth" at a local (WaWa) convenience store that carries almost every known brand of tobacco products.

The Marlboro selection seems to run to dozens of flavors and colors. The clerk had to work her way around a large three-sided rack to find what I wanted after showing me the face of a number of packs.

It made me think of the multiplicity of vape choices that have popped up even in the short time since I picked up my first starter package. I've since worked my way through at least 20 variations of pen, box, regulated, and unregulated mods. Recognizing that we all seem to have favorites we've settled on even in the face of not having tried every possible device (not possible, actually), and, of course, wanting to justify our own selections-- I want to give you my list of current favorites:

1. Device: Anything iTaste, Eleaf

2. Liquids/Juice: Anything Nicoticket

3. Tank: Aspire Nautilis Mini

My criterion has been reliability, ease of use, cleanliness of flavor, and moderate and controllable vapor production. I don't especially seek huge clouds but am happy when I get them. I have several unregulated mod clones, doesn't seem to matter what they are or where I got them, they all work well. Some require more maintenance than others-- mostly with buttons and springs-- but I can deal with that. I use these at home only to avoid any chance of accidental power tripping when traveling.

The point I'd like to make is that we all have so much to choose from. Finding a "just right" combination is not easy. You may have found one that's right for you.
The just right combo for me was I was sick and tired of being sick and tired from smoking Marlboro 71s. I started vaping and have not looked back.

Reactions: traten
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread