Death of my Davide Mini...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Round Rock, Texas, United States
We gather here today, to say goodbye to a good tank that passed on well before its time.....

I packed my Davide Mini in a Ego zip case with a spare battery for my VAMO in it and it did not survive the trip home. I did not drop it or anything, it just rode on the seat next to me on the drive home from work. In that 20 mile quiet drive at some point the battery must have rolled into the glass just the right way and the glass shattered on the tank. Not cracked, it shattered totally spilling my ejuice into the case.

2 things I wish to point out here for those considering a purchase of one or own one.

First, the glass totally shattered, the Davide's glass is not toughened or tempered like the Protank. Treat it with care.

Second, I had to order a whole new tank to replace it. Anyvape has been really dragging its feet to release spare parts for the Davide tanks, and even its big brother that has been out far longer still does not have a spare glass option. In short, if you break the tank consider it a total write off since no spare parts are out there, negating the entire reason to have a tank that totally disassembles.

I'm not saying the glass is weak or junk, I don't know. There's no telling how that 18650 battery rolled into it, may have just been a one in a million shot. But it's not tempered or treated so exercise more care with it.

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Hello one and all. I have been lurking on the GG forums. Started vaping about two years ago after 50+ years of analogs. I love it and have pre-ordered 2 Just GGs, my first foray into mechanical PVs. Been through the ciggy lookalikes onto clearomizers and more recently tanks. Wanted to ask a question of IMEO at GG forums regarding pairing the Just GG with the UFS, but seems I need to post as new member awhile to gain access. Weird really but so be it. Any how, knowledge is all.

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida
I have a similar predicament. I wanted to try the davide mini instead of the kanger protank 2 mini since I already have a kanger protank 2. Ordered the damn thing instead of the kanger mini and no more than 2 weeks later I cracked the glass. Mine isn't shattered, it just has a thin crack running from the bottom all the way to the top. I know that if I unscrew it or apply any pressure its gonna shatter. I've been looking all over the net for replacement glass and cant find any. Anyvape half a$$ed it with the davide. I've been waiting since I first got it for replacement tanks and nothing yet. Also been waiting for the supposed longer tubes they promised to make it longer. Meh.

Bumping to see if anyone has experience with Vapor Extreme. They say they are a registered vendor on ECF but can’t find them—which isn’t saying because my computer is running like frozen molasses. Anybody?

idk, but i will likely go for it sometime soon, will let everybody know how it goes

VaperInMaine

Verified Member
Please do let us know. What is odd is that other places that have been waiting for them to come in don't have them listed yet. Hope it's the real deal.

gotvapes.com has the Mini Davide replacement glass.
I have ordered from them a few times with no issues.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Playing taps for the (temporary) loss of your Davide mini...

Bumping to see if anyone has experience with Vapor Extreme. They say they are a registered vendor on ECF but can’t find them—which isn’t saying because my computer is running like frozen molasses. Anybody?

Almost sounds like a new flavor... :blink:

VaperInMaine

Verified Member
Plan on buying replacement glass for sure on these guys. I am really happy with their appearance and performance, but they sure are fragile. I had ordered 2, and broke the glass on one before I got to use it. :(

I went to take it apart just to check it out, and is was so tight, that u cracked it while gripping it to remove the top cap. Partially my fault, I didn't realize I was putting pressure on the glass. Oh well, I have two on order, along with some new cool drip tips.

In my opinion, they perform slightly better than the Pro Tank Mini II. I Will be getting more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread