Decadent Vapours review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephthys

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Denver
Decadent Vapours

Note: All flavors tested on a new atomizer and battery, direct dripped, using a Screwdriver.

Ordering/Shipping
Inquiring emails were returned promptly and helpfully. Items were shipped the day after the order was placed and I received them today, less than a week to go over the pond. Bottles were snugly packed in bubble wrap with dropper tops added.

Bottles
Beautiful green glass with childproof tops. Elegant and professional labels with the name, strength, vg/pg clearly marked, health warning, and graced with a picture of iconic smokers.

The Goods
All liquids are vg-based 8mg.

Parma Violet - Oscar Wilde graces the bottle and I think our favorite effete would be very pleased with this vape. Liquid is thick and colorless. Smell out of the bottle is nondescript. Huge clouds of vapor. The flavor is spot on. And not scary. It's not perfume-y, or fakeity fake, no chemical taste, and not sweet or cloying. If you are used to certain Chinese-supplied flower/candy essences, you may be nervous to try Parma Violet. Their flavors are really cloying and fake. This smells and tastes like the real thing. Not too strong, not too weak. There is a lovely purple taste on the back of your throat, upper palate, and nose. Definitely a vape to play with, roll around in your mouth and exhale through your nose. When I bought this, I thought it would be a special occasion vape, but I could see it being an all-day vape. Maybe not The Go To vape, but definitely very nice and non-aggressive. Little to no throat hit. Which is fine. Flowers don't punch. There is a little tickle on the back of the throat which is more like a purple effervescence.
Number scale based on nothing but happiness. 9 of 10.

Cognac - Dear old Oscar again. Liquid is thick and almost colorless. Smell out of the bottle is serious cognac. Plenty of vapor. Again, the flavor is very close - cognac/scotch. Alcohol burn and alcohol warmth throat hit. Blown out the nose, you get the same fume-tickle that you get when you deeply inhale from a snifter. Warm, rich, woody, and boozy. It's neither too strong, nor too wimpy. This is the perfect vape for a cold day, and would be perfect with after dinner coffee. Not an all-day vape, in my opinion, but perfect for cognac moments.
Number scale based on nothing but happiness. 8 of 10. It would be higher if it was an all-day vape. 10 of 10 for cold weather coffee vape.

Habana Reserve - Oscar is not enthused. Liquid is thick and a lovely amber color. While this isn't a bad vape, it's not quite right. Smell and taste are a little perfumy, a little boozy. I can't taste tobacco, smokey, or earthy tones. It's reminds me of French Pipe, but it's not as sweet, it's the weird unidentifiable perfume note. I can't identify the alcohol note, it's more of an after taste in the nose. Mild throat hit.
Number scale etc 5 of 10. Again, it's not bad, per se, just not what I had in mind.

Tiramisu - Groucho Marx wants to have dessert with you. Dark amber color. Rich, warm, heavy vapor. Coffee, cream, vanilla, and liqueur. This vape is rich, complex, and just the right about of sweet. Very little throat hit. This is another "play with your vapor" flavor with the warm rich flavors coming out as it hits your palate and nose. If you are tired of single-note vapes, you'll love this flavor. The smell is amazing and strong. Your room will smell of tiramisu, which isn't a bad thing. This one has the strongest lingering vapor smell, but it's very pleasant.
Number scale 9 of 10.

Absinthe - of course, Wilde graces this bottle as well. Very thick, cloudy white fluid with just a hint of green. If they were going for the Green Fairy effect, they nailed it. I think I flooded my atomizer so my report of moderate vapor may be off. (Edited to add - yes, as i vaped it, the amount of vapour increased to the plume level) Anise. Very very anise. Thick and rich flavor, so dense you almost want to chew, with licorice mouth tingle. I think they might have done well to add an alcohol flavor, as all I can really taste is the licorice. a little alcohol burn/fumes would make this flavor perfect. Maybe a drop of something to make it a little more bitter to recreate the wormwood. As an anise flavored vape, it knocks the socks off of the competition. It's not flat or fake, plastic-smelling, or purfumy. I'm losing my taste buds, so I can't say much more. It's nice and I like it a great deal.
Number scale 8 of 10. 10 if they added alcohol and bitterness.

All in all, I am really impressed. I'm going to keep trying Decadent liquid until I find a go to vape to replace Tennessee Cured from JC. I was a die hard JC fan but their new flavors all taste the same and the reduced PG doesn't play a nicely with my system as VG. If you need VG-based juice and want rich complex flavors, Decadent may be for you. And yes, I'm going to try their roast beef for a giggle.

Nephthys

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Denver
Wow. You make me want to go and get this stuff *immediately*. And I mean *right now*! Have to wait for a paycheck on Wed., though. <sigh>

Cheers,
Briar.

They are all really satisfying. I'm going to wait a few hours and try one or two again. I don't think I should have greedily and impatiently tried them all in one monster session. I can't wait to order more, the reviews of TW are incredible.

Nephthys

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Denver
I have done two reviews of their products, Tarimasu and Apple Pie, I will have a video review of the Habana Reserve tomorrow.

All in all, They seem to have great flavors, good customer service, and lovely little frosted green bottles. They get points for style. lol.

I look forward to your review of Habana. I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Dark Angel

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Newcastle, WA
i just placed an order with them on aug 19. shipped the same day and i recieved it aug 22. was shocked and amazed to get an order to me in illinois from the UK so quickly. i ordered the tiramisu and coconut ice. both are VG 18mg juices. i love the tiramisu. think that may have just jumped to the top of my top 10 list. the cocnut ice is really good too. it tastes like creamy coconut milk with a hint of menthol. both flavors get a thumbs up from me and will definitely order from them again. is it just me or do carts filled with this juice seem to last forever?

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
I ordered the Ylang Ylang from them...
The service was great, and the delivery quick.... even though I am in Miami.
The Ylang through me off a bit. It had a strong anise flavor, which was very strange, since I emailed him and he said it shouldn't. We never did work out why. Anyway, despite the fact that I hate anise, the ylang was actually very very good. He describes the flavor as "heady" and that is exactly the word for it. Even with the anise flavor there, it tastes great. And have I mentioned I hate anise? lol
The ylang really comes through if you exhale through your nose or roll the vapor around the back of your throat. Its a very nice, rich, intoxicating flavor really.
Very little throat hit, but its not what you'd order it for. Tons of vapor...
I like it, very much and will probably order it again. I also plan to try more of their stuff, it all seems to be very good quality.
If it wasn't for the anise flavor in it, I'd give it a 10

allaboutthevapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
just got the mango today!

i got it from england to Kentucky in less than a week. WOW!

The flavor is great. I got the 0mg VG Wild Mango.

This is by far the best fruit flavor I have tasted. not sickeningly sweet and very rich flavor and feel. Ton of vapor and decent throat hit for no nicotine.

flavor- 10

vapor- 9 (not as much as ecopure)

throat hit- 5 (it is 0 mg)

smell- 10

nice, I would buy this flavor again, I will probably try their other flavors though,
I wanna get Brandy, absinthe, and black currant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread