Absinthe by Decadent Vapours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iocus

Mar 2, 2013
UK
This is an excerpt of my review of Absinthe by Decadent Vapours. To read the full review please visit my blog.

This is a personal review of a product I either bought or received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, ECF.

"The flavour of Anise and therefore, Absinthe is so unlike anything else I've ever tasted. The immediate sensation in the mouth is sweetness on the forward edge and tip of the tongue which is followed closely by what I can best describe as a type of umami flavour. Umami is traditionally associated with protein rich foods and is described as having a savoury, brothy quality. It could be that I'm way off the mark, but the flavour of anise doesn't seem to me to fit neatly into any of the other conventionally accepted flavour categories. There is perhaps a certain salty, mildly piquant, metallic quality to the flavour but oddly enough I find myself associating it most strongly with umami. Prolonged vaping of Absinthe produces a mild anaesthetic sensation in the tongue, or lack of sensation as the case may be."

http://vapour-taster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/absinthe-by-decadent-vapours.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread