Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Imeo,

Hoping for good things on the upcoming surgery.

So those late edits were allowed/accepted into the draw?

Does that mean that anyone could edit any of their guesses, as long it was done before the time stamp of post #1000 ?

If so...good to know for any future contests.

Personally I think those should be thrown out, its the standard in most contests that there is no editing, and I still haven't looked to see who might have done it so as not to sway my opinion on this......good point that was brought up earlier but Imeo has more stuff on his mind than a silly contest so I thought I'd hold off on agreeing with you and MrsCasey......:thumb:

Last edited:

JohnUK

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
UK
Personally I think those should be thrown out, its the standard in most contests that there is no editing, and I still haven't looked to see who might have done it so as not to sway my opinion on this......good point that was brought up earlier but Imeo has more stuff on his mind than a silly contest so I thought I'd hold off on agreeing with you and MrsCasey......:thumb:

I'll happily have my name removed if its upsetting some that I changed my mind,I did however change it before the close and see no rules saying otherwise.To me it make no odds if someone changes their mind so long as its done before close,perhaps this should be clarified by Imeo in the future.

Anyway like you say Imeo has far more things going than this contest but I'll happily go with whatever Imeo decides after all I entered for the fun factor and I don't want it to end on a bad note

+I'd have more chance platting fog than ever winning a GGTS,:lol:

lets try and keep it fun until the end after all editing before close isn't really cheating is it? :)

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I'll happily have my name removed if its upsetting some that I changed my mind,I did however change it before the close and see no rules saying otherwise.To me it make no odds if someone changes their mind so long as its done before close,perhaps this should be clarified by Imeo in the future.

Anyway like you say Imeo has far more things going than this contest but I'll happily go with whatever Imeo decides after all I entered for the fun factor and I don't want it to end on a bad note

+I'd have more chance platting fog than ever winning a GGTS,:lol:

lets try and keep it fun until the end after all editing before close isn't really cheating is it? :)

Like I said, I never looked whom it was and won't.........John, you know I'm a contest addict, I have seen some stuff!!!:laugh: I would love it if you won.......:thumb:

JohnUK

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
UK
Like I said, I never looked whom it was and won't.........John, you know I'm a contest addict, I have seen some stuff!!!:laugh: I would love it if you won.......:thumb:

Likewise Rip my friend you know I come here now and then to share fun with friends,for me its a place I can let my hair go for a few days.....heck if I ever won anything I doubt I'd even be able to collect/reply I would not be able to stop shaking with SHOCK :lol:

See you next time my friend for much fun and best of luck to all remaining ,John :)

JohnUK

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
UK
Anyway Rip here's the funniest thing ever,I don't even vape ATM since awhile back I ruined 250ml of RY4 thinking I was the great mixoligist,I kept adding flavor and different RY's until in the end it made me cough more than anologs :laugh:

i still have a plastic box mod on my night stand to remind me that one day i'll vape again,if I do I'll not be mixing juices that's for sure,I'm back up to 60 a day roll my own now so i'm at the stage again :rolleyes: where I'm thinking I must vape again :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I know the most important thing we are waiting to hear about Imeo's daughter and how her surgery went . . . Which I am still hoping went very well and she is now recuperating with no major problems . . .

However, I Want & Need to say something here . . .

First the DISCLAIMER: NOW THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION . . . Not anything else, I am not trying to start a war of words; the comments below are my thoughts about this situation which I knew nothing about till now . . .

I, like you "Rip" - and a number of other people here - are without-a-doubt Contest "Junkies." I personally, enter almost every Contest - first and foremost to have FUN, because I enjoy the chance of winning . . . And I enter many more Contest because of the competition, the challenge and to learn “stuff” – just like the “Banner” Contest and those like this one . . .

However, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME . . .

Some people actually went back and changed their post . . . When? Was it after the “Maria Callas” picture was posted? If it was - then I am so “P” Off ! ! ! I don’t think you can really imagine, especially how upset I am that anyone were to take what I consider such an unfair advantage to get into the drawing . . .

I actually spend hours, trying to make sense of and possibly reconstruct what Imeo has “Photoshoped.” I search the internet for any reference to what picture/photo was used. I even pay attention to all the little clues that Imeo provides us, both in the current and previous contest . . . AND, Yes – I even use and check previous post of other contestants to get some ideas . . . But to have someone post the actual photo and then people go back to change their post to reflect that they actually came up with the answer as an entry into the Contest. . . WOW ! ! !

Although, I realize “Real Life” will come up and hit you upside the head every now & then here on the forum . . . People are people, their personality and attitudes don’t really change even on the Internet (as you so well know that I have already experienced the same here on the threads before) . . . However, given the camaraderie, friendliness, and kindness of so many people throughout the threads here on ECF and their support to so many people they don’t really even know – HOW Absolutely Unbelievable that this actually happened . . . I am so disappointed once again ! ! ! AND as an “Old Man” who has been through and seen so much “SH**”, not only personally – but professionally, that is saying a lot ! ! !

And people wonder why – I act the way I do . . .

View attachment 66566

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Uncle with respect you have it all wrong buddy,none edited after the picture was shown and neither did any edit once Imeo confirmed that is was the correct picture....to figure this out just look at the time stamps :)

JohnUK - Thank you for responding to my post . . . However, Like "Rip" - I neither went back to look at whom did what, since I did not want to know and as for the time stamps - they do not change even when you edit a post or if you have changed the post why it was edited - that is up to the person who posted to tell you why . . .

Now, if I did get it wrong, as you sated - then tell me what you and "Rip" were talking about then ? ? ? ?

My post was based upon ^ ^ ^ "Rip's" Post above ^ ^ ^ about editing post and those that were changed.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
At least one person DID change their guess AFTER the photo was posted.

Personally, I don't think editting a post (even if done during the contest) should be allowed, after all, you could guess every 2 hours so if for some reason you posted something you wanted to change, you should have either thought it through better BEFORE posting, or just wait 2 hours and THEN post it as your next guess.

My opinion (and it's ONLY MINE) is that if you can't win honorably (regardless of whether or not a rule was spelled out) then you shouldn't win. But hey, maybe it's a good thing I'm not in charge of the contest! :)

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
as for the time stamps - they do not change even when you edit a post or if you have changed the post why it was edited - that is up to the person who posted to tell you why . . .

The original timestamp doesn't change, but the "Last Edited" note does show when it was changed. i.e. if you look at JohnUK's last post above, it shows when he last edited it - so no worries about that.

I know Imeo will keep things fair, and squabbling over the rules can only put a sour taste on a beautiful gesture. Its an impressive display of generosity that he has these contests at all.

I didn't guess right either. :D Oh well. I'm waiting for a photo contest! hehe (although... the last time I entered and won an e-cig-related video contest ages ago - Dusty's Story - the whole thing turned really nasty as other entrants said it was overproduced and too good, and I should be disqualified because I wasn't an amateur... which was never specified as a rule... it turned what was supposed to be fun into something ugly - I even got some hate mail PM's... I mean really? haha)

Anyway, I just think its awesome that he does these, and let him decide on the details. :)

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Imeo please remove me from the lottery,that's if indeed I'm in it,thank you kindly

JohnUK - Tha's not RIGHT . . . Unless, you changed your post after the picture was shown . . .

Hints are Hints - that is why Imeo post them - to give people a chance at the contest . . . I would never fault someone, for using something like or taking advantage of - a HINT that is given by the person running the contest . . .

That is not what I meant at all . . .

My post was just my opinon . . . I just don't think it fair for someone to post the photo before Imeo has said who it was (That is why I waited to post the picture untill he "spoke up" and asked his permission to do so during the last contest) and then have someone change their previous post (if that is what happened at all) . . .

AGAIN - I am not asking that anyone be disqualified or even be removed from the drawing or withdraw - I was just voicing my opinion about someone posting a picture and then people takng an - UNFAIR Advantage - to change their post based on that - not anything else ! ! !

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
The original timestamp doesn't change, but the "Last Edited" note does show when it was changed. i.e. if you look at JohnUK's last post above, it shows when he last edited it - so no worries about that.

I know Imeo will keep things fair, and squabbling over the rules can only put a sour taste on a beautiful gesture. Its an impressive display of generosity that he has these contests at all.

I didn't guess right either. :D Oh well. I'm waiting for a photo contest! hehe (although... the last time I entered and won an e-cig-related video contest ages ago - Dusty's Story - the whole thing turned really nasty as other entrants said it was overproduced and too good, and I should be disqualified because I wasn't an amateur... which was never specified as a rule... it turned what was supposed to be fun into something ugly - I even got some hate mail PM's... I mean really? haha)

Anyway, I just think its awesome that he does these, and let him decide on the details. :)

No Argument - You are correct about the "Last Edit" there is a time stamp at the bottom of the post as I referred to in my post . . . (BTW: just as an FIY - because of spelling mistakes, grammar errors, & typos or I didn't like they way it showed after posting - I have changed a post and there has been no "Last Edit" noted as I did with my last 2 post to this thread.)

AND I am not trying to start an agrument - nor turn anything ugly, or even start a controversy about RULES . . .

My comments were not about RULES ! ! ! ! ( GEESS - I really wish people would not "read into" things or what "I was saying" because of their own personal experiences or involvement) . . .

ALL- I was doing was voicing - MY OPINION ! ! ! ! about what I thought was being said and/or happened. I was not nor suggesting what should or should not be DONE by anyone least of all Imeo.

Imeo - is running the contest and he will do what he believes is right and the correct thing to do . . . AND even if it isn't anything you or anyone else might do - IT IS HIS CONTEST - HIS RULES (and not that he needs my permission - he can even changed them as he see's fit) . . .

NOR is Imeo's generousity in question - nor is it being judged . . .

OH My - can people get carried away or what ? ? ? ? :blink:

This Contest - as all others - is supposed to be FUN ! ! !

AND, that is exactly what I had - FUN ! ! !

Now can we get back to waiting to hear from Imeo and about how his daughter is doing ? ? ? ?

EDIT: "Rip" Posted as I was trying to respond and type - My apologies I am not a typist nor can do anything that fast any more . . .

"Rip" is correct what is done is done . . .

And I am more concerned about Imeo's daughter then the dam "Mod" . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread