Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
We must think of the...

Children!!!

LOLz
I actually think it was better when they were farmed out to chimney sweep and work long hard hours in dark dangerous factories to help their families eek out a meager existence. At least then they had some perspective of the real world...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Get it? Who gets it?

majortom2.jpg

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I actually think it was better when they were farmed out to chimney sweep and work long hard hours in dark dangerous factories to help their families eek out a meager existence. At least then they had some perspective of the real world...

Agree. Silver Lining... they weren't shooting up schools ;)

Unlike these little spoiled brats now a days, with no grasp on reality...:facepalm:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
When I was a teen I had a paper route to earn $ to pay for my bicycles and school books...from that customer base I picked up lawn mowing and leaf raking and snow shoveling jobs. Made a good bit of cash for a young un, and spent a lot of time hanging out with elderly folks who were as disenfranchised as I was at that age...and we both seemed to understand that we were in a place where we didn't really fit into the world anymore because of where we were on the age spectrum. I leaned a lot from those old folks I helped out and spent some time with, and their view on the world isn't very different from mine in the here and now. Full circle and all that, I cherish the time I had with them. Kind of made me who I am today, I wish some of the youth out there could have the same experience...

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
We must think of the...

Children!!!

LOLz

I do think of the children. And for the children, I am frightened not of their vaping flavors but of the rather rapid erosion of their freedom of which they seem either unknowing, uncaring or, even worse, welcoming.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
insanity.png

You know, I always hated that quote and now I know why.

Also, I did not like kids at all, I hated kids. I got pregnant by accident and I took the little monster and raised him like a pro. (Meaning, I was his MOM, I was not his therapist, when he needed professional help, l GOT it for him. STAT.)

Now, I adore ALL kids (well most of them) and have spent my life importing some sanity into YOUNG people's lives. I feel good about it. I mean... I was effective. I was also CHEAP for the majority of my time as a therapist, I was working with AHCCCS (state funded insurance.)

I'm kind of bummed. I raised a sane kid in an insane world. While it is serving him well in the business world, which STILL has SOME sane properties, I am worried... That he will never find a woman sane enough to deserve him and birth all my grandkids.

I have considered calling some of my ex clients around his age who I'm pretty sure turned out great, but I'm not sure it's ETHICAL.

I mean, I'm not the one dating them but... Yeah, it's not ethical.

I'm SO glad I had the accidental kid but MAN these DAZYE.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread