Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Conversation with Dekang salesrep..

[10:01:44 PM] Mark : Hi salesrep. Can I ask you a couple of e-liquid questions?
[10:02:04 PM] salesrep : yes
[10:02:35 PM] Mark : Does Dekang have a standard or any markings on 50ml bottles yet?
[10:04:13 PM] salesrep : dekang only have 1 kind 50ml bottle
[10:05:06 PM] Mark : white tamper proof. But no markings on the 50ml bottles yet?
[10:05:23 PM] salesrep : what do you mean?
[10:05:41 PM] salesrep : no "YNDK" letter on ?
[10:06:07 PM] Mark : on the 50ml bottles, the YNDK is only on 30ml and smaller?
[10:06:17 PM] salesrep : yes
[10:06:26 PM] salesrep : only 5ml ---30ml have
[10:06:31 PM] salesrep : other sizes don't have
[10:06:58 PM] Mark : is any of the liquid without nicotine clear/colorless?
[10:07:22 PM] salesrep : yes
[10:07:38 PM] salesrep : many fruit flavors without nictone is clear
[10:07:54 PM] Mark : how about usa mix or other tobacco flavors?
[10:08:33 PM] salesrep : also clear, except sometimes the materials causing a little brown
[10:09:43 PM] Mark : has dekang recently switched to a new extract for tobacco flavors? Extractive
instead of essence?
[10:10:00 PM] salesrep : no
[10:10:01 PM] Mark : or the other way?
[10:10:10 PM] salesrep : the same as usual
[10:10:43 PM] Mark : they use essence and not extracts?
[10:11:29 PM] Mark : sorry for so many questions, custers are asking me.
[10:11:48 PM] Mark : customers
[10:12:09 PM] salesrep : we ship extracts from Yunnan
[10:13:13 PM] Mark : Dekang released a statement that pretty much stated that any liquid without yndk is counterfeit. It has caused us a lot of problems.
[10:13:36 PM] Mark : not complaining. Your answers have clarified a lot for me.
[10:14:06 PM] Mark : But tell the boss that they can't do that without including all the details :)
[10:14:13 PM] salesrep : ok
[10:14:51 PM] Mark : there is a lot of speculation because nobody knows what to look for so people assume that if it is different then it is fake.
[10:15:48 PM] salesrep : i see
[10:15:56 PM] salesrep : i will talk to the boss
[10:16:49 PM] Mark : the statement did not include 50ml botles or liters so based on the statement everyone thinks it's fake because it varies in taste from the last batch.
[10:19:00 PM] salesrep : do you have the link of dekang statement?
[10:19:12 PM] Mark : let me check
[10:24:41 PM] salesrep : FIND IT ?
[10:25:00 PM] salesrep : we need to find out and ask them change it
[10:26:09 PM] Mark : I can't find the original but read the 5th post on this page: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/196867-hoog-i-have-problem-2.html
[10:26:48 PM] salesrep : thanks
[10:31:40 PM] Mark : were you able to read it?
[10:33:50 PM] salesrep : yes
[10:34:00 PM] salesrep : talking to boss now
[10:34:07 PM] salesrep : hope them to correct it
[10:34:56 PM] Mark : not a big deal but just partial information leads to speculation. As you know we buy 0mg sometimes and add nicotine to it per customer order so as to not have to carry
[10:35:25 PM] Mark : all types and strengths. but seems we should not be calling it Dekang liquid since it is not totally original.
[10:35:39 PM] salesrep : oh, if you add too much nicotine, it will changes the taste
[10:35:57 PM] Mark : we use 300mg so add a minimum amount.
[10:36:36 PM] Mark : do you hear from customers that the e-liquid flavor changes sometimes?
[10:38:17 PM] Mark : paid the pi for cartomizers :)

Salesrep went to lunch..

Email to and from bottler:

Hi,Mark:

I have contacted Dekang about the problem of the liquid.

All the liquid I have sent to you are from Dekang. I swear.I directly bought from Dekang before,and just resell to you when I got the liquid from Dekang as Dekang
offered me a good price. This time,I bought the liquid from the Dekang in Kgs too,and refill the liquid in small bottles ourself as the other e-cigs manufacture
do.

They said that they made up the liquid with the extractive but essence.
Here is the advantage and the disadvantage of the extractive and the essence:

Extractive
Advantage: The flavor last long
Disadvantage: Looks not so clear,and the flavor is not so distinct.

Essence
Advantage: Looks clear,and the flavor is distinct.
Disadvantage: The flavor don't last too long,and the flavor become tasteless day by day.

Deakng said the Extractive can not keep completely the same for each time so the liquid won't be completely the same each time.
But the difference is not big.

Regards,
other salesrep
'**************************************************************************

hoog

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Hoog.. Could you go on record and say that you do NOT buy liquids from SmokTech? Such as these?

E Liquid

They are called "Dekang" in the link, but they are not Dekang juice..

Just making sure, they have all the same names, and they are chinese juice.. But they are not Dekang.

We get kits with pre-filled carts from Smok Tech but have never bought bottled e-liquids from them.. They do plan on creating thier own line which we may buy in the future but it won't be called dekang when/if we do.

hoog

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Hoog, thanks for posting this thread. It is sometimes difficult to "translate" the meaning when corresponding with the Chinese, as their "broken English" is somewhat hard to understand, but I think I understand.

My opinion of the info you place here is (if I understand the wording) :

Fron Dekang:
1. Dekang is saying that their juice consistancy(flavor) is variable.
2. There is no YNDK on their 50 ml. bottles yet.
3. They use only one type of 50ml. bottle (white).
4. Adding nicotine will change the flavor.
5. Customers noticed the flavor change.

From supplier:

1. Has bought Genuine Dekang in 50 ml. bottles and reships same to MV.
2. Bought Dekang (last shipment) in Kg. volume to get a better price. ( extractive v. essence, there is a diference)
3. Re-bottled Dekang in Non-Dekang bottles (clear), and shipped to MV.

The customers noticed a distinct difference in both the China and Custom China, and asked questions.
MV looked into the matter and offered solutions thru the ticket process for this batch of juice.

I think that pretty well covers where we are at, but it seems that it goes back to the fundamental issue, as I posted in another thread. The customer and the vendor should demand quality, consistant products from the manufacturer and/or suppliers. The customer should expect no less. Let me give a somewhat simple example.....Customer goes to grocery store to buy a 3 liter bottle of Diet Coke, and it "always tastes the same". It is not "repackaged". The bottle contains specific ingredients. In my opinion, e-liquid should be no different, so when it is said to change, depending on the "batch", processes need to be reviewed and changed to correct the inconsistancies. After all, this is not "rocket science".

The issue is not really about MV, but it does involve the supply chain to MV. MV has addressed their customers concerns, but until the issue is resolved within the supply chain, issues will still arise.

You may, or may not, agree with my thoughts here, but I continue to believe that the customer deserves no less than a quality, consistant, and genuine product from Dekang (or any other manufacture).

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
......... Let me give a somewhat simple example.....Customer goes to grocery store to buy a 3 liter bottle of Diet Coke, and it "always tastes the same". It is not "repackaged". The bottle contains specific ingredients. .........

Hmmm, not exactly, Coke and beer is actually shipped around the country in concentrates and watered down (repackaged) in bottling plants. The big problem with this would be consistency of the concentrate and diluting medium. The flavor of the concentrate from China, and the flavor nicotine juice from China, well.... maybe not as exacting as Coke or Bud. :(

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Hmmm, not exactly, Coke and beer is actually shipped around the country in concentrates and watered down (repackaged) in bottling plants. The big problem with this would be consistency of the concentrate and diluting medium. The flavor of the concentrate from China, and the flavor nicotine juice from China, well.... maybe not as exacting as Coke or Bud. :(

Good point, but the Coke always taste the same......my point is the e-liquid should meet the same standard, as you say "not as exacting".....Why not?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Good point, but the Coke always taste the same......my point is the e-liquid should meet the same standard, as you say "not as exacting".....Why not?

When Coke was new on the scene, late 19th century, I'm just guessing (I'm old but not that old) the flavor may have varied depending on what carbonated water was used with the syrup. Clean, germ free drinking water is a more recent development. We're still experiencing vaping in it's infancy, after all how many vapers do you pass in the street compared to smokers??

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
When Coke was new on the scene, late 19th century, I'm just guessing (I'm old but not that old) the flavor may have varied depending on what carbonated water was used with the syrup. Clean, germ free drinking water is a more recent development. We're still experiencing vaping in it's infancy, after all how many vapers do you pass in the street compared to smokers??
Right on ----"evolving".....has been for several years now....quality, consistant products need to be commonplace.....not the exception....IMO....thus I continue to believe we should settle for no less....

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I really like the Coke analogy. - I worked for a bottler and distributor for a while when I was in my 20s. And, actually: After all these years, Coke varies by region. There are about 8 or 9 true soda fountains left in the US. They get their syrup in 15lb boxes and mix manually. So, Coke from a real Soda Fountain is a much different thing from Coke from any can or bottle.

No two bottlers have identical injectors in their equipment. And, no two bottlers use the same source of water. A can of Coke in Denver will taste a whole lot different than a can of Coke in Louisiana. - A "fountain" coke in a McDonalds in Mitchell South Dakota (soft water) will taste way different than a fountain Coke in Boise Idaho (hard water). In fact, to account for the difference in water, Coke actually ships slightly different syrup formulas to different regions. And, franchise food like McDonalds etc are supposed to distribute by code (but they don't always do it) and those codes are supposed to make sure the different syrups get to the regions they are supposed to.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic ramble. I just really like the Coke analogy because Lehrkinds Coca Cola was the first job I ever had I thought I might make a career out of and I learned everything I could. It isn't every day I get to use anything I learned there :) In fact, that's the first time in about 20 years I've gotten to. <grin>

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Ok, hoog,,, i have to add a comment here, You went on the record earlier on this thread that you have "never" bought juice from Smoketech. If this is the case,Why does the last batch i bought from you have a smoketech label on it ??? This is the 50ml clear bottle with the flower on the label... It matches the label exactly on the smoketech site.... The labels on the 50ml bottles were always rows of tobacco before from Dekang/Boge...

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Ok, hoog,,, i have to add a comment here, You went on the record earlier on this thread that you have "never" bought juice from Smoketech. If this is the case,Why does the last batch i bought from you have a smoketech label on it ??? This is the 50ml clear bottle with the flower on the label... It matches the label exactly on the smoketech site.... The labels on the 50ml bottles were always rows of tobacco before from Dekang/Boge...

Just as a note, the smoktech label is actually a DK label...or a very good mockup of it.

jjandbjvapr

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
S E KY
dude, if you dont like the stuff, or you can get it "better" or "more consistent" somewhere else, THEN DO IT!! is it REALLY worth the effort of all this .....ing and complaining to tell someone that an ejuice flavor is not exactly 100 percent consistent every time>?>?!

I have been around this whole "vape world" community a long time and ANYONE can tell you,,,,,,INCONSISTENCY is the ONLY CONSISTENT thing about ecig juice!! always has and always will be,,,,,,,,get over it, or don't get it at all!! ..... and moan if you wish, but at least show some sort of respect to the businesses that have ALWAYS been open and honest about their stuff.........as MOST AREN'T.......say what you wish and do as you please,, but if you want to come around and complain and whine all the time, then I can and will tell you how CHILDISH and STUPID I think this is and how ANNOYING it is to try and tolerate and "bite my tongue" when these posts pop up and litter the forum that I LOVE!!!...................

My Opinion Only!!! Like it or not!!!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
@ jjandbjvapr

LOL, right on, nice rant, only thing in your post I could argue,

been around this whole "vape world" community a long time

when vaping has been around as long as most of us smoked, 10, 20, 30 or more years,
that's a long time. If it's still inconsistent then........ :facepalm:
Seems everyone wants a fledgling industry to be just like GM out of the box.

jjandbjvapr

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
S E KY
@ jjandbjvapr

LOL, right on, nice rant, only thing in your post I could argue,

when vaping has been around as long as most of us smoked, 10, 20, 30 or more years,
that's a long time. If it's still inconsistent then........ :facepalm:
Seems everyone wants a fledgling industry to be just like GM out of the box.

HEHEHE...:facepalm: I agree!!

I have lost many family and friends to smoking and related illness and you are right on,,,,,this whole thing really is a "NEW" experience......To me, it's just pretty neat to be involved with something that has the potential to actually SAVE lives and help tons of people to get their life back from sickness or addiction........I really can't think of another similar situation to offer hope to so many people all around the world, no matter what race, age, gender, lifestyle, rich, or poor!! I know I sound "corny", but I really do enjoy sharing what little I know about this whole new "technology", for lack of a better word, with friends and such that use tobacco and seeing the look on their face when I share with them my e-cig story, well aware that they think I have lost what little mind I had left, and then a couple days later when they call me back and are like, "WOW!! That REALLY DOES WORK!!!":vapor::laugh: Just about everyone wants to know where they can get more and how to get started..

Anyway, blah...blah....blah...I know:blink:..........time to shut up now :glare::glare:

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
Here's some food for thought..

dzch08.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/dzch08.jpg

smuro04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
dude, if you dont like the stuff, or you can get it "better" or "more consistent" somewhere else, THEN DO IT!! is it REALLY worth the effort of all this .....ing and complaining to tell someone that an ejuice flavor is not exactly 100 percent consistent every time>?>?!

I have been around this whole "vape world" community a long time and ANYONE can tell you,,,,,,INCONSISTENCY is the ONLY CONSISTENT thing about ecig juice!! always has and always will be,,,,,,,,get over it, or don't get it at all!! ..... and moan if you wish, but at least show some sort of respect to the businesses that have ALWAYS been open and honest about their stuff.........as MOST AREN'T.......say what you wish and do as you please,, but if you want to come around and complain and whine all the time, then I can and will tell you how CHILDISH and STUPID I think this is and how ANNOYING it is to try and tolerate and "bite my tongue" when these posts pop up and litter the forum that I LOVE!!!...................

My Opinion Only!!! Like it or not!!!

Guess what, the only person in this thread that is being childish, stupid, and annoying is YOU, posting all this non sense.

Some people here don't like being run around on, and some vendors don't always like to tell the customer (who has a RIGHT to know) the truth about where products are coming from.

Yes, the juice was inconsistent, because the middle man bought in bulk and bottled it himself to make a better profit. Some of us buy in bulk as well, but if you dropped over $100 on a single juice order that was bad, you mean to tell me you're not going to come on here and post till you get to the bottom of the issue?

I didn't see one post in this thread of someone .....ing and whining until you showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread