Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've been buying this stuff over the counter recently (flower form) and it is hemp flowers treated with Delta 8...seems to have a nice feel to it without any of the paranoids. Sold as a CBD product. I'm kind of enjoying it. Anyone else into the Delta 8 stuff?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Isn't that that dad weed?

$40 a cart? :nah:
    It is a mellow buzz, very comfortable to me, and I so far have only tried the vegetable matter version, it is tasty and predictable for me, ie...no paranoias or existential crisis sessions LOL. I am going to get some concentrate when my atomizer shows up.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    I am.

I'm paying $30, and that's still too much in my opinion. I wish they didn't use CE4 atty's.
    I have been hesitant to try the carts, but I might get one just to see what I think. What power do you use to fire them? I get mixed and confusing info from folks in the shops I have talked to. Some of them don't seem to know much about what they are selling...

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    It is a mellow buzz,.
    That's what I like about them, despite them being so damn expensive.
    I have been hesitant to try the carts, but I might get one just to see what I think. What power do you use to fire them?
    Go ahead and try one, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    I've tried a few brands,
    The smoke shop I get mine from used to have a different brand than they stock now. I don't remember what brand it was, but I preferred the drip tips on those over the tips on the brand (Cloud 8™) they carry now. The previous product had round tips, where these have 'paddle' tips. The Cloud 8 packages don't have a voltage range listed, but the previous brand did. It suggested 3.1 - 3.6 volts. I use 3.5 volts. The head in the cart has about 1.5 ohm resistance so if I use a 'wattage only' mod, that comes out to somewhere in the 6 - 7 watt ballpark, I don't remember exactly. I also have an 'eGo to 510' adapter and I put that on my Prov and the cart in the adapter.

Reactions: ENAUD

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    I used one of those little 2ml glass syringes,l and put in nearly 2ml of my favorite strawberry/cream. To that I added .20ml of D8 distillate. Then I heated the syringe with a cup of recently boiled water (but not still boiling).

When it's good and liquid consistency, shake the heck out of it.

My favorite way to vape is to drip into an RDA. Soaking some cotton can last me a good 10 puffs.

Alternately, you can use the same process with proportions more to your liking in a CCELL cartridge. That's super easy.

The distillate is very viscous, so the heating and shaking is required. Mine stays separated for a couple of weeks. If your ejuice is PG heavy, it'll mix better. I don't dig heavy PG, but it still worked fine at 70vg/30pg.

That's a detailed description but the process is really easy.

No coughing at all, using a sub ohm coil at 185c temp control. Don't be near snacks unless you truly need to eat :)

An additional note: this is RAW distillate. That means no terpenes have been mixed in, and it's potent. If you want a simpler method that same company makes cartridges. The carts are too harsh for me and I coughed with their mixture.

AD

How does one consume this product? What atties do you load it into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    I used one of those little 2ml glass syringes,l and put in nearly 2ml of my favorite strawberry/cream. To that I added .20ml of D8 distillate. Then I heated the syringe with a cup of recently boiled water (but not still boiling).

When it's good and liquid consistency, shake the heck out of it.

My favorite way to vape is to drip into an RDA. Soaking some cotton can last me a good 10 puffs.

Alternately, you can use the same process with proportions more to your liking in a CCELL cartridge. That's super easy.

The distillate is very viscous, so the heating and shaking is required. Mine stays separated for a couple of weeks. If your ejuice is PG heavy, it'll mix better. I don't dig heavy PG, but it still worked fine at 70vg/30pg.

That's a detailed description but the process is really easy.

No coughing at all, using a sub ohm coil at 185c temp control. Don't be near snacks unless you truly need to eat :)

An additional note: this is RAW distillate. That means no terpenes have been mixed in, and it's potent. If you want a simpler method that same company makes cartridges. The carts are too harsh for me and I coughed with their mixture.

AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    First, thank you very much for this informative post. I am reading that I could just dilute this stuff with regular e-liquid by heating it up, yes? So now I wonder if I can dilute what I have in a Delta 8 cart with some e-liquid to cut it down a bit so it would be easier for me to control the dose... I'd rather that it took me a few pulls to get what I need, as it is now, I have over done it a couple times and been kinda zonked...I did not expect this. With the vegetable matter I have way more control, but then there's the smoke...

Last edited:

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    Yes, that's correct. You can buy plain "USP" quality vegetable glycerine and/or propylene glycol easily from Amazon or even many online vape places. It's used often for food and cosmetic purposes. There's a great "DiY" thread here on ECF that has good info on where and how to mix.

I've never diluted a pre-filled D8 or D9 cart but would imagine that if you warm it, then syringe out the contents, you could dilute and mix back a lesser volume of D8 with a greater volume of PG/VG or even a 0% nic flavor. If sensitive (I am) to how powerful these new weed carts are, no harm in trying. As you said, you can always add more or puff more.

Grab two test tubes, a good syringe and see where it goes!

AD

First, thank you very much for this informative post. I am reading that I could just dilute this stuff with regular e-liquid by heating it up, yes? So now I wonder if I can dilute what I have in a Delta 8 cart with some e-liquid to cut it down a bit so it would be easier for me to control the dose... I'd rather that it took me a few pulls to get what I need, as it is now, I have over done it a couple times and been kinda zonked...I did not expect this. With the vegetable matter I have way more control, but then there's the smoke...

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Thanks @Aerodan , that is what I will do, probably going to make that cart into a 5ml batch of 60pg/40vg 6mg/ml that is my go to e-liquid. Nothing to lose at this point anyway, and it was just an experiment to see if I'd get along with this method. If it works out I might look into getting another Eleaf icare or other pod mod for ingestion...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Update, cracked the cart open after heating it in a coffee cup with some boiled water, added the stuff to a 10ml Boston round and then added 4ml of 60/40 pg/vg to the bottle, heated the whole mess up in the boiling water and shook. It worked, I can still taste the terpenes when I vape it on a drip atomizer, but it is way smoother and no cough. It takes several puffs before I feel any effects which is exactly what I was looking for, to be able to slowly get those molecules into my brain without overloading LOL. i only add one drop at a time to the wick which has already been wetted with unflavored nic juice. I think if I get one of those syringes of that D8 I will have a many year supply of relaxation at pennies per day :)

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    Hey good job!!! Glad it worked out. In original ratio, even one puff puts some folks into a catatonic state. 35% was perfect, so our ratios are just about the same.

I keep eyeing one of these warming/vortex mixer things, but don't want to drop that kind of $... It'd be cool to mix a few flavors at once. But someone will think i'm starting a drug lab :)

https://sc04.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YrHnavBj_uVjSZFpq6A0SXXah.jpg

Update, cracked the cart open after heating it in a coffee cup with some boiled water, added the stuff to a 10ml Boston round and then added 4ml of 60/40 pg/vg to the bottle, heated the whole mess up in the boiling water and shook. It worked, I can still taste the terpenes when I vape it on a drip atomizer, but it is way smoother and no cough. It takes several puffs before I feel any effects which is exactly what I was looking for, to be able to slowly get those molecules into my brain without overloading LOL. i only add one drop at a time to the wick which has already been wetted with unflavored nic juice. I think if I get one of those syringes of that D8 I will have a many year supply of relaxation at pennies per day :)

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Hey good job!!! Glad it worked out. In original ratio, even one puff puts some folks into a catatonic state. 35% was perfect, so our ratios are just about the same.

I keep eyeing one of these warming/vortex mixer things, but don't want to drop that kind of $... It'd be cool to mix a few flavors at once. But someone will think i'm starting a drug lab :)

https://sc04.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YrHnavBj_uVjSZFpq6A0SXXah.jpg
    I am so glad you chimed in on your sensitivity to these molecules, I personally, have always been a cheap date with said things. So now I feel much more comfortable following your advised D8 and mixing schedule. I'm going to grab one of those 10 gr samples and see where this takes me, thanks again for all your help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread