Dentists

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANJP

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
LONDON UK
dentist_patient_nightmare.jpg

hey thats my dentist !! I know that cheap makro drill anywhere!!

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
heres a story from my visit just last week
ongoing root canal treatment , remaining nerves etc slight infection blah blah
so drill out temp filling again and pack with an antibiotic wadding then fill over ,see you in 2 weeks , ok
driving home get very dizzy and start convulsing ,cant move , massive muscle pain, cramps and so on
pull up in front yard of house fall out of van and while on the ground i ask a very horrified wife to ring dentist , yes there may of been some penicillin in the tooth packing !!
###$% im kind of very allergic to penicillin 8-o
emergency doc arrives in 10 minutes and gives me a shot and some tablets , took 2 days to get over it
dentist knows my allurgy , ive had hours upon hours of dental work done by them due to a motorcycle accident years ago - it was just one of those things , oops
not angry but it was a scary situation losing all control of body movement while driving , sort of a slow onset of paralasis

heres a tip
its really difficult to ride a motorcycle through a car , i almost did it but the engine stalled for some reason

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
anyone that hasnt visited their densist for a year or so in the UK will find they dont have a dentist any more..

i think 30% of the UK population dont have access even to emergency dental care.. bin there done that so i know..

my last comment to em was my dog would get better treatment at the vet..

they wont register u as a patient and if u aint registered its hard sh-t..

the UK dental service is nothing short of a scandal to be honest..

trog

phildo

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Iowa, USA
This spring I had a rotten wisdom tooth yanked out, and the guy did it before my mouth had a chance to get fully numb. I used to be into piercings, and I still like tattoos...so I can handle some pain...but damn that was nuts. So I agree, dentists are vile, evil creatures. I always imagine that dentists moonlight in S&M clubs, handing out pain for leisure instead of business. Although, without them..it would not be fun.

frazzledglispa

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, CO
When I was young and just a bad little kid,
My momma noticed funny things I did.
Like shootin' puppies with a BB-Gun.
I'd poison guppies, and when I was done,
I'd find a .....-cat and bash in it's head.
That's when my momma said...
(What did she say?)
She said my boy I think someday
You'll find a way
To make your natural tendencies pay...

You'll be a dentist.
You have a talent for causing things pain!
Son, be a dentist.
People will pay you to be inhumane!

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Has your toothache gone now Pete or are you still suffering?

Well the tooth was extracted on Friday, ended up with 5 stitches as well, luckily I was in the land of IV diazepam and didn't feel/remember a thing.

It still aches but it's getting better and it's now just an annoyance rather than the totally crazy pain it was last week:) Still wakes me up at night, probably because I'm lying on it, but now painkillers actually work so I'm a lot happier.

bluewolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Michigan
Had 6 teeth pulled monday (1 wisdom) 8-o
Oral surgeon was very nice, even let me wear my headphones thru the process.
Woke up tonight and the right side of my jaw was swollen and sore, had to ice it down.
Had to go on antibiotic because i'm diabetic.
5 more (teeth) to go then I get my NEW choppers.
Maybe i'll be able to smile again.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread