Deployed, Vaping, Reeeeaaaal Friggin' Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clem68W

Dec 29, 2009
Hawaii
So, okay, I just happen to have deployed to Iraq for OIF/OND 2010-2011, which increased my stress levels immensely. The first few months I more or less gave up on my vaping equipment entirely: I had bottles and bottles of liquid, a really good ego/tornado setup and plenty of batteries/atomizers/cartridges to spare. The environment was simply too stressful for me to jump off at that point. However, at some point, the smoking just became and issue, I didn't like the feeling anymore, like many times before, and I looked anew at my equipment. After a few days, I was vaping again, and it worked very well. Even in a deployment environment, the tornado was very well equipped to handle the torture. I quit smoking entirely, immediately, and have been good ever since. The mega-atties (low-resistance) were more than up to the challenge for throat hit and flavor. I haven't smoked in 4 months, and I feel 110% better.
Lacking a constant supply of electricity has almost been no issue because of the long battery life of the ego/tornado battery. Altogether a good, simple choice for soldiers/marines/others to take advantage of. I can recommend it to no small degree.
Small addendum: Here I am on leave and I am drunk nearly every waking moment (14 days of debauchery calls for some intense debauching), yet I am still smoke-free largely because of the low-resistance atties and mega-carts. Definitely blows the doors off for throat-hit (a big deal for new quitters).
So, in any event, if you want another supportive story for the e-cig phenom, this is definitely it. Get some good liquid (I suggest tastyvapor, cuz their butter-rum is the ....) and a reliable smoker (I suggest the janty ego/totallywicked tornado) and you'll be happy with the result, if'n you are the type to respond to vaping. if not, it may not help at all, but you'll know right away, and it doesn't cost all that much.
I'm on r&r at the moment, but otherwise, hello from iraq, vaping really works, and I love you all, take care.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Clem68W - Nice story and glad to hear the PV is doing the trick for you. Thanks for your service and if you need a bottle of juice as a thanks for what you guys are doing over there just PM me. Let me know what you like, mg strength, pg/vg ratio, flavor (sweet, strong etc) and I will whip up a 30ml bottle and send it to you. You just need to let me know how to get it to Iraq. If not enjoy the R&R and stay safe.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Great story. Wish I had been VAPOR in Afghanistan in 2002 instead of endlessly smoking... Just goes to show if a you can do it while deployed to a war zone, those who give up due to "stressful" days at home ought to be ashamed. Some people have no idea what REAL stress is. Best of luck and home you make it back to the land of the big PX soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread