• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping supplies While deployed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
I am in the chute to roll out very soon to Afghanistan. I know mail will be rocking pretty good when I get to my FOB. I am pretty new to vaping (about 2 months) and have a few questions for my currently deployed members:

How do you deal with e-liquid during the hot summer months to keep it from spoiling?
Once I get over there I plan on making my own however I will be leaving during the summer and I don't want the juice I bring with me to spoil.

My command is pretty open to vaping, as long as I don't vape during meetings, other than that I vape my head off all day. How easy is it to get supplies from the states? I plan on stockpiling carto's and using a few tanks.

How does some of your equipment hold up over there? I have a few eGo batteries and have a Lavatube coming. Will they stand up to the ......ed dry afghan heat?

Your input is welcomed and appreciated.

Cadaoryn

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
California: But stuck in Afghan!
In afghani-land now, and sorry you're gonna be here for the summer..XD

I see no difference in vaping here than vaping in garrison..(except i can vape and walk..thats a plus. The corps is big on no smoking and walking in garrison)

And its amazing to have on long convoys because im not hot-boxing with carbon monoxide.

My equipment holds up fine, and all you have to do is compensate for the extended time for packages to get to you. (It usually takes close to a month for any online purchase to get to Afghanistan) But i would pack away quite a few carto's and juices in a hard case somewhere in the sea-bag and make your first purchases right off the bat. Overstocking myself saved me in the long run.

On a good note, i think my cartos last longer in the heat but I do feel dehydrated at higher temperatures when vaping..so compensate with a hefty amount of water. And if you work with coalition afghan soldiers or Jordanians, they will be blown the F* away by your pv ;D

As far as making your own juice it all depends on the size of your living quarters and how much time you have to make it. i switch juices a lot so all of them have spent a lot of time shelved and i haven't noticed any negative effect of it. I would personally just order bottles once a month instead of making it yourself out here.

Last edited:

The Greybush

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Tent B2Q2
Also currently in Afghani-land and started vaping while over here. We get mail anywhere between a week or two at my FOB but a nice stockpile will do you good. I am currently vapping an EGO-C and it is holding up great over here. As far as juice storage during the hot months, if you work in or have an office space where you can stash a box of juice that will save it. My little trailer runs 24/7 and we have A/C and heat that runs constant. There are a few of us that Vape in here so we have a box of juice stashed away in a shelf so it does not go bad. Also have some stashed away in a box under my bunk in the tent as the A/C or heat runs constent in that thing as well. Gear is holding up well with the environment just have to clean a little more often than you probably would have to in garrison, but you probably already figured that out. The extreme heat or cold hasnt really effected the EGO system out here. There are a few guys running tanks and havent heard them complaing to much about it either. Sorry you have to come over here but hopefully this will help you prepare.

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Hmmm, lets see;
Mail- 2weeks to a month. Fastest I received mail was 10 days.
Supplies- keep plenty in hand.
Equipment- everything I have used worked great. Just have to keep them clean.
Juices- I keep them in office in a box. Seems to to do job. Office(trailer) has AC/Heater.

I vape everywhere. In the hanger, flightline, walking, in the bus, in other peoples office. No one has said anything to me about it. BTW, I'm also in afghan land and this s!@t sucks!!!!!

razorxwire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Spanaway, WA
I'm out here in the box as well. The biggest difference I've noticed is that the heat makes your juices run a little thin. I use a tank, so it's more noticeable than if you were to use an atty/carto. Also, the heat can impact your batteries, although I haven't really noticed it much, scientifically hot batteries won't last as long as cold batteries. Supplies.. I really stocked up before I came out here with about 300 mL of juice, and I've barely even scratched it in my first month. I'll probably be ordering more at about the 4 month mark. Mail for us (Out on a COP in the middle of BFE/A) comes about once a month a month. And the dehydration thing, yeah, that's typical with smokes/dip as well.

Apologies for the text wall.

Screwbag

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Malta
While I'm done with my military time, I can recommend thicker liquids in hotter climates. Here in Malta now, I tend to use higher VG mixes and no water in the mix, as the liquid gets thin and tends to leak in my tornado-c. The thick liquids of almost 100% VG do tend to lack throat hit, but for peak afternoon heat, I get no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread