Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
You are right, it is quite possible for any of us here to become an autodidact, knowing more than any physician. And that person may well be you. However, I'll exercise a certain degree of discretion, treating your medical diagnosis and treatment with some skepticism. That skepticism may be misplaced and I may do so to my eternal detriment but I think I will pass on serious consideration of the medical advice found on the ECF. Now, you may choose to do otherwise, so be it. I won't comment on that choice or attempt to dissuade you from that choice.

May you get skin cancer.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I was still smoking in 2009 when I had skin cancer removed from my nose by a specialized dermatologist and then a plastic surgeon to patch things up. Plastic surgeons do NOT want to work on smokers or vapers or patchers or anything else. I'm about to have another tumor removed in March. He says no nic two weeks before or after the procedure. I didn't stop smoking last time. I vape 24mg and I may try 3mg juice for a month. Haha, that's going to happen.
If you go to a plastic surgeon for elective surgery like a facelift and you're a smoker, many will refuse to do the procedure. Some do a urine test for nic. So occasionally nicotine is still a pain.
All of the pre-op and post-op stuff is a PITA. Anyone else had basal cell carcinoma on the face removed?

Yes as a matter of fact I had a single basal cell carcinoma on the bridge of my nose and had to have it removed last January. What a nightmare. I looked like I took a bullet between the eyes. The tumor went all the way down to the sinus bone cavity. I have a scar that goes down one side of my nose and then across to the other side and then straight up to the forehead between the 11 marks so now its 111.
I hate it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yes as a matter of fact I had a single basal cell carcinoma on the bridge of my nose and had to have it removed last January. What a nightmare. I looked like I took a bullet between the eyes. The tumor went all the way down to the sinus bone cavity. I have a scar that goes down one side of my nose and then across to the other side and then straight up to the forehead between the 11 marks so now its 111.
I hate it.

My stepfather had something very similar, about 15 yrs ago; his doctor went ahead and did some reconstructive surgery right at the time of excising the skin cancer, which went pretty deeply into the bridge of his nose, and though it looked pretty bad for a year or so, now you cannot even see it anymore.

My heart goes out to all y'all with the skin cancers; my stepfather has suffered dreadfully with them, being one of those black-haired blue-eyed people who apparently have zero melanin in the skin -- I've never seen the slightest bit of tan on him, just a few minutes' sun turns him red as a beet. I'm afraid my son is going to have issues later in life too, being one of those blondish-redheads who freckles, and burns terribly.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread