descriptions of various devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
I'm not a newbe, in fact I've been an avid vaper for three years, but I just can't get my brain around what constitutes the various devices. I know what a mechanical is (I have two) and I know what a vv and vw is (I'm getting one as soon as I get the cash), but what is an ego and what is a evod? My go to device right now, A Majestic from Madvapes, is the best I've used yet, but I have no idea what kind of device it is. Can someone help?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF and congrats on 3 yrs :thumbs:
but what is an ego
eGo is a class/ style of PV and fire anywhere from 3.3- 4.8 volts Several makes:
Set voltage (3.3 or 3.7 volts)
JoyeTech
SLB/ Kgo/ Riva
Kanger
Then there's the slightly larger eGo class VV (fires from 3.3- 4.8 volts)
Twist
Spinner
Winder
Also Innokin has a VV/ VW that's more powerful than the above but slightly smaller.

what is a evod
It's a bottom coil clearomizer. Many times it's included in a kit with the Kanger battery and called "Kanger Evod Kit".

A Majestic from Madvapes, is the best I've used yet, but I have no idea what kind of device it is.
It has the Winder VV batts (see above) and an Aro clearomizer.

Last edited:

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Ego is simply a battery type. Looks like that's what comes with the Majestic kit at MadVapes. Anything of that style and using the outside threading is considered ego style.
Evod is a specific clearomizer made by Kanger. The same Majestic kit I looked at comes with an ARO from SmokTech, which is actually pretty similar to the Evod, but I believe the tank is made from pyrex instead of plastic.

Not sure if that fully answers your question, but I hope it helps!

Last edited:

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
eGos are a battery type. Generally it is a battery or battery compartment (to be more precise) in which the lithium battery is not replaceable or at least not user friendly to replace. There are regular, VV (and possiblly VW), and passthough eGo battery types. Passthrough eGo batteries let you charge and vape at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread