Desert Heat and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I'm about to head into summer in the SouthWest USA. There is Hollywood and San Diego and the rest of us low landers are roasting. I live in the Colorado river valley where we get over 120f/50c. 100 at midnight too. I drive a van most of the day and will have to deal with my stuff and the heat. I also have a Innokin MVP in black. Not gonna be able to hold it if it sits in the sun. Actually I have had to grab things in the shade that I needed potholders to protect me.

I thought I would start a thread for tips and tricks on how to deal with it. Searching the forum shows up Desert Ship flavors and misspelled dessert flavors.

I have tanks with tips and found some wooden ones at Desert Vapes in Phoenix. I need to replace the black and chrome ones that might burn my lips.

I got a silver anodized mod that might reflect the sun and heat. It came with a cloth covered hard case. I may freeze some old juice bottles or get some otterpops to pack with my extra battery and juice. A lunch size cooler will work but not as convenient.

Going to look for a cozy or wrap for a beer bottle to put it in when I leave my PV in the car or van or set it down while driving.

Any other tips or anecdotes from life in the heat?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
What I've done is wrap a couple of those freezer packs in a towel and place electronics between them to keep them cool. Making sure there is plenty of absorbency so the electronics don't get wet. Place a blanket over all of it to help insulate them from the sun and heat.

Maybe get one of insulated lunch bag/cooler things. A couple of those hard plastic freezer things and a couple of towels. You should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread