Desperate UK newbie needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicy

Jun 29, 2009
Hi Guys

I desperately need to give up the dreaded weed (my Dad recently died of COPD - big wake up call) and i really want to give Ecigs a go, but after spending the past few hours browsing the forums have a few questions.

A basically need some clear advice, and i really hope some of you UK vapers can help me. I relaise that i will find my own way eventually but some opinions and clear recommendations would really be appreciated.

1. Who is the most reliable/reputable UK supplier. I'd really like somewhere that supplied the best cigs and juice if poss.

2. I want to start off with the best ecigs, i'm happy to take the risk financially, so what is the very best all round cig in terms of performance, ease of use, reliablity and longevity of vapour.

3. In addition to what i imagine will be a longer ecig based on the above, i was also going to get a intellicig to go with it - are these good?

I'm a 25 a day smoker of marlborough lights, i'm pretty sure that i'm more addicted to the activity of smoking more than the nic so i see ecigs as my best hope of quitting.

Thanks for listening and sorry for the long list of questions - feel free to treat me as an idiot - when it comes to ecigs - i am!!:rolleyes:

Cheers

Rich

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Hi Rich!! There are some great suppliers in the UK here is some to take a look at

www.intellicig.co.uk
www.libertyflights.co.uk
The E-Cigs Academy
Electronic Cigarette / Electronic Cigarette Company / buy electronic cigarettes and accessories online
Electronic Cigarette e-liquid / Totally Wicked e-Liquid / electronic cigarette eliquid nicotine fluid products
iVapour | Electronic Cigarettes | Janty Stick ? Janty Kissbox ? Janty Dura-C ? Janty Mini Fogger ? Janty E-Liquid & Cartridges
SmokeJuice - HOME
Home page

There are more but these are the ones I use and I have no doubt I forgot one or 2 hehe!

A good first e-cig to try is the 510 there is loads of information on it, mods etc to be found here :) You could also take a look at the Janty Ego or TotallyWicked Tornado the batteries keep going all day and uses 510 parts.

The Intellicig is a nice vape, its small and has great flavour! Its throat hit isn't quite as good as the 510 imo.

Take a look at some of the juice from the above suppliers too!
Good luck!!

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
Dicy,

Try it! The sooner the better! I quit smoking the day after my kit arrived from the UK. I've been smoke free for the last 3 weeks and don't really care about cigarettes.

I usually get all my stuff from UK, so yes, the links posted above are all great.

I love Intellicig. I love liberty-flights and TW. So you have a lot of offer over there. The only bad experience i had was with a UK supplier that is not listed above. So...Go ahead!

glennnnnnn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Scarborough UK
1. Who is the most reliable/reputable UK supplier. I'd really like somewhere that supplied the best cigs and juice if poss.

I use Liberty Flights and Totally Wicked, Both are excellent, quick to ship, and have a decent range to choose from.
Other vendors are available

2. I want to start off with the best ecigs, i'm happy to take the risk financially, so what is the very best all round cig in terms of performance, ease of use, reliablity and longevity of vapour.

I have spent the best part of £500 in the last 6 weeks buying all sorts of stuff. (note, this is actually part of the hobby, its a gadget after all)
If I lost it all tommorow I would happily just replace my 6v Adaptever with 901 attomiser and 18mg Menthol Juice and be content

I'm a 25 a day smoker of marlborough lights, i'm pretty sure that i'm more addicted to the activity of smoking more than the nic so i see ecigs as my best hope of quitting.

Thanks for listening and sorry for the long list of questions - feel free to treat me as an idiot - when it comes to ecigs - i am!!:rolleyes:

Your only an idiot if you dont ask questions

Cheers

Rich

Hey, Rich

Welcome to salvation

Part of the fun with vaping is experimentation. Vaping is open to so many variations and tweeking this n that.
Most people here will recomend the 510 and thats probably a good choice.
Personally I prefer the 901 but maybe I have just been unlucky with the 510. Vaping dosent just work out of the box, you will be constantly in pursuit of the best vap for some considerable time, but you will enjoy the journey.

Best of Luck

Glenn

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
Just another 2 cents: 1st kit i bought was a dse084, i wonder how it could get me through 3 days without smoking. Don't buy any automatic super-mini e-cig. You might get disappointed really fast. Try a 510 , a 901, a KRD-808D. You can´t go wrong with any of these models. Besides, you can get any of these at really the same price as a "crappy" super-mini that has the looks but not the guts.

Currently i'm using a Tornado (bought 2 kits from totally-wicked) and this a a very good choice IMO. Great price for what you get. I'm waiting on a 901; a "normal" 510 and a KRD-808D1. Bartleby and a GG Super Slim will be the next ones. I've found a whole new world. Welcome to it!

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Most people prefer manual batteries to automatic ones because you can control how long you draw on it. Beyond that, all that matters is that you get one of decent quality (everything recommended here qualifies.) What works for one person isn't necessarily the best for someone else.

Remember, everything you buy is disposable. The liquid, obviously, but atomizers die after a while and batteries can only be charged so many times. If you like but don't love whatever model you start with, you can make the switch then. You can even buy adapters (very, very cheap) so you can try different atomizers with your batteries.

The only things that aren't disposable are the battery mods (but the batteries inside are.) Normally I'd recommend waiting a little while before deciding on the best mod for you but yesterday I came across a post saying that Screwdrivers are on a "buy one get one free" sale right now and they're made in the UK. That's such a good deal that I really considered it, despite the fact that I'm awaiting delivery of a Little Chuck. If I can find the link, I'll edit it in.

Here's the link for the Screwdriver. The sale is on for another week. (The mini is a 901; the Titan/510 is a 510 and it looks like the Classic is an 801 -- my first PV.)

Last edited:

dicy

Jun 29, 2009
Thanks so much for all the info guys.

I have started with an intellicig evolution and will try a few of the suggestions over the next few weeks.

I had my last ... on monday morning and of course the bloody package didnt arrive until 8 o clock this evening!!!!:evil:

But, i held out and my first hour or so vaping has been great. I am feeling very positive about this:D

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I settled on the intellicig Evo as my main e-cig, especially for using in public as it looks realistic. I've found them to be very reliable, though I always carry several for peace of mind. The new carts have improved their overall performance too. I'm sure you will find it a good choice.

At home I use a mod (a GG Slim) as it is more powerful and fires every time (the Evos are good, but do suffer from the 2-minute cut-off occasionally) - I like the increased hit/vapour of the Slim. Also the mod uses generic batteries which I can swap out quickly whilst saving the Evo batteries for when I really need them.

For juice I ended up settling on the EcoPure Rich, after spending a small fortune trying a multitude of other juices (many of which now sit unused).
I still like the Decadent Vapour concentrates occasionally, but for my main vape I prefer the simpler flavour of EcoPure. I also got tired washing out atomisers between flavours :lol:

I think I found my happy medium - reliable analog look-a-likes for work and nights out, plus a very reliable mod for home use.

Edit>> I did use a Titan 510 passthrough at home for a while which totally saves on batteries and works very well, but I just found the combination of the Slim plus a 401 atomiser/mouthpiece to be my favourite combination. I could get a bigger battery mod I suppose, but I feel what I have is powerful enough and a size I feel comfortable with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread