help and advice is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

talal

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
uk
hi

i am a smoker and had been for almost 17 years.
i have dropped to marlboro ultra light (0.3mg).
i am looking at ecigs and they look really interesting for me.
i am thinking of going with a Janty ecig.
my problem as being new to this i dont know witch eliquid to get.
may i ask you for the best companies for eliquid as i am concerned with the health impact that bad ones may cose so am looking for the best.
i live in UK and i dont think that all the eliquids in US are available her.

many thanks
Talal

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
WElcome to ecf. liberty-flight has a shop in the uk. Not sure what you mean about bad juice. If you don't like it then pif to someone. I do think that some vendors ship overseas here in the us...best to call and find out first. I know that Freedomsmokeusa ships to Australia, so I'm thinking they ship any where world wide.
Janty is a good pv..... Joy eGo also.
:)
sas

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
i've found that ego-t is really nice because you can use juices and can see when it's starting to run low. My favorate flavors come from V4L but since I'm also new, there may be more flavorful venders.

I was where you were, dropped from regular marlbros to ultralights before vaping. It's recommended that you get either a 18mg vape or a 24mg vape. If you are one 1 pack a day, go with the 18.

Here's something to consider. You will get NTS (new toy syndrome) which means you will vape like it's going out of style when you first start. This is normal, and if you also get a small bottle (10mL bottle of juice or just a few carts) on a lower dose like 12mg, it will help you avoid overdosing yourself on nicotine. After you get used to it, start using the 18mg... just my 2cents on starting.

As for what to get, true cig flavors are non existent. many come close but nothing will taste like a marlboro. This is your opportunity to pick your favorite fruit and take advantage of the vapor version. Fruits are a good place to start because you already know what you like in that set of flavors. if you can, sampler packs are great for experimenting, should you want to try out tobacco flavors.

Happy vaping, I hope some of this helps.

Hey, and welcome to the club. I'm not sure if the Janty eGo is the exact same as the Joye eGo, but I have the Joye and absolutley love it! I am in canada and use My trial Applewood tobacco and love the almost applejuice flavour to the ejuice. The Canadian Gold tobacco I got tastes like Rockets, the little disc candies common around haloween. But remember, Someone else's taste nay not align with yours this is a trial and error moment in your vaping "hobby"

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
One thing to think about is that we all wanted our ecigs to look like cigarettes when we started vaping, but very soon we realize those tiny little ecigs won't cut it for long term use.

I would suggest looking into a pv that has a bigger battery, this means your ecig will not look like a normal cigarette. For me, I started with those pen styles and I would kill the battery in an hour. eGos do have larger batteries and have been known as good starter pvs.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have just went with the pv I have now! As general rule, 100 mAp should get an hour of moderate vaping.

Flavors are subjective, and I agree, start with some fruit flavors, they really hit the spot and have a tendency to run true to actual flavor.

Good luck!

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
I was an ultra light smoker and started with 24 mg (it came with my kit.) It was too much. Headache. Nauseous. etc. Thankfully the guy I bought the kit from recommended getting 0 mg as well to mix the 2. I did very well with 16 mg - mixing 2 drops of 24 for every one of 0. I gradually added more 0mg. I currently vape 12-6mg.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
i've found that ego-t is really nice because you can use juices and can see when it's starting to run low. My favorate flavors come from V4L but since I'm also new, there may be more flavorful venders.

I was where you were, dropped from regular marlbros to ultralights before vaping. It's recommended that you get either a 18mg vape or a 24mg vape. If you are one 1 pack a day, go with the 18.

Here's something to consider. You will get NTS (new toy syndrome) which means you will vape like it's going out of style when you first start. This is normal, and if you also get a small bottle (10mL bottle of juice or just a few carts) on a lower dose like 12mg, it will help you avoid overdosing yourself on nicotine. After you get used to it, start using the 18mg... just my 2cents on starting.

As for what to get, true cig flavors are non existent. many come close but nothing will taste like a marlboro. This is your opportunity to pick your favorite fruit and take advantage of the vapor version. Fruits are a good place to start because you already know what you like in that set of flavors. if you can, sampler packs are great for experimenting, should you want to try out tobacco flavors.

Happy vaping, I hope some of this helps.
I've been vaping for 15 months and have used many venors liquids. I have to say without a doubt. V4L seems to give me the best vapor, taste and throat hit of any others. Also it's very clean and gives me the longest carto and atty life that any of the others. V4L is now the only liquid I vape 95% of the time. The other 5 percent is liquid I made myself.

talal

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
uk
woow

what a great forum and group ..
i cant explain how much i feel more confident of trying it now because of your support
many thanks ..

just a question should i start with something simpler like green smoke starter kit then upgrade to the full package
meaning that i would get the eGO and start testing eliquids..

many thanks and appreciations

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I was an ultra light smoker and started with 24 mg (it came with my kit.) It was too much. Headache. Nauseous. etc. Thankfully the guy I bought the kit from recommended getting 0 mg as well to mix the 2. I did very well with 16 mg - mixing 2 drops of 24 for every one of 0. I gradually added more 0mg. I currently vape 12-6mg.

On this one, everyone's different. What's true in your case, may not be true in someone else's case. What and how much you smoked really isn't a good indicator. The advice about high nic and zero nic is good though. I smoked Pall Mall orange which is their ultra-light. I started on 24mg and was fine for about a week. Then it was too much. So, I went to 18. That was good for a while too. Then it was too much. I've been on 12 for a while now. You just never know.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ultralights I think you would probably do fine on 18mg. I was a 1.5 PAD ultralights smoker who had to smoke harsher lights w/ .9 mg for the last year because the ultralights became too expensive. And 18mg was plenty for me. But it's good idea to start out with a selection like 12-18-24 then then if 18 isn't enough use 24, and if 18 is too much use 12.

Or get 24 and 0 in the same flavor and an empty bottle and you can cut it down.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
just a question should i start with something simpler like green smoke starter kit then upgrade to the full package
meaning that i would get the eGO and start testing eliquids..

I missed this earlier.

First don't go with green smoke. You can get the same thing for a lot less money. Personally, I hated those cigarette sized batteries as well.

The eGo by itself isn't any more complicated to use than a cigarette sized PV. So, if you aren't hung up on the size, go that route. The battery life is so much better. What makes the eGo look more complicated is that there are a myriad of things you can put on it. I think cartomizers are probably the simplest thing to use with it starting out. So, you might want to get a box of 510 Boge cartos to go with it.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
No....skip the Green Smoke. The eGo is not complicated...it's great. Don't waste money on something else....go for the eGo. I agree that a box of BOGE cartomizers would be a good investment. When you can post on the UK board, you'll be able to find some good juice. Good luck....this is a good decision and you will love it.

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
cartomizers are defined as the atomizer (heating element) and cartridge (juice delivery, usually with some sort of fluff to hold the juice). The unit is combined, meant to be disposable but many clean/fill liquid in them to make them last longer. The 'longer' is refering to using the same -internal- atomizer repeatedly, until it burns out. This is normal that cartomizers tend to burn out quicker then full fledged atomizers but not always the case. Typically cartomizers can stand about 3-5 (or more) fillings before dying.

Atomizers should be cleaned periodically. Whenever you find your vape experience hindered. Lack of smoke, hot vaping (the atomizer stays hot vs cooling down between puffs - usually a sign of gunk on the element) or foul taste. You can also clean them when switching unfavorable flavors... pineapple (residue) may not taste great when you switch to Ry4. A half a tank or so should clear up the switch over unless the original flavor was super potent like cinnamon or peppermint. Like the cartomizers, they should be replaced when they quit working. Most people recommend having multiples. At least two for cleaning rotations, possible unexpected atty deaths, and convenient change of flavors without fiddling with strong flavor residue vs subtle flavored refill.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Many Thanks for all the advice

May i ask what is the difference between the cartomizers and atomizers and the CARTRIDGES dont i just need the cartridges.

These things work by delivering juice to a heating element. The heating element is called an atomizer. Okay, we've got the fundamentals out of the way. If it's a 510 510/eGo/Riva, it's going to come with some atomizers and some fluff filled cartridges (carts). You fill the fluff with the juice or in some cases you have pre-filled carts. The fluff delivers the juice to the atomizer and you vape it.

The problem is the carts don't work for all that long without modding (I'm not getting into that here.) and they tend to leak where they connect to the atomizer.

A cartomizer (carto) is an atomizer and cart in one piece. They are intended to be disposable but, unless you are made of money, you refill them. They can be bought pre-filled or as blanks which you fill before use. Most people wind up buying the blanks. They don't leak between the cart and atomizer because there is no between the cart and the atomizer. These are the cartridges sold with most mall kits.

and from when should the atomizers provided with the set be changed

You replace an atomizer when it quits working. It can get juice build up and start tasting bad too. Some people toss them then. Others use a variety of cleaning methods to bring them back. What you do is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread