Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well you can immediately taste burnt coils. Maybe you mean gunked coils? The gunk on coils does burn, but it has a different taste. And whether you are using TC or wattage mode, when the coil(s) get gunky, you need to turn up the heat to get the same vape as before. As the gunk acts as an thermal insulator. But turning up the heat also causes the gunk buildup even faster. So you end up turning up the heat again. And then the coil(s) goes downhill really fast. So once you notice you need more heat, your on to needing a new or clean coil(s). So I think it is pretty obvious either way.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Is there any way manufactures can create a mod the can detect when a coil is burnt and tell you to replace it?
Hi and welcome,
They have gone beyond detecting a burnt coil. They can almost prevent it.
Use a non refillable POD MOD .
When the pod is empty, you remove it/ dispose of it and replace it with a full pod containing a fresh coil.

Happy vaping.
I

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, that isn't detecting a burnt coil, it's likely some research on how long coils last in a pod and making the pod the right size. It may not even be "burnt" when you discard it.

I suppose this might be useful for someone who can't detect the actions/tastes of a "burnt coil" (and I assume we are talking drop in coils not rebuildable coils).

The bottom line is, you don't need a mod to detect if "for" you and I'm not entirely clear how such an action could be achieved. I think the closest you might get would be a "recommended amount of juice/puffs" and then a "recommendation" to change the coil somehow, but I find it very hard to understand how a mod could "detect" a burnt coil, other than perhaps once it gets so clogged that vaping becomes restricted, maybe there would be some sensor available to say "change your coil." Although I haven't seen one, but nor am I the be all and end all of knowledge of what mods can and cannot do.

I also see rather little point, as it's pretty easy to detect a "burnt" coil using your tongue, or merely even noting restricted vaping output as the coil starts to reach the end of its useful life right before burnt. Which is actually a great time to replace your coil, as it doesn't then burn the juice, along with the coil's wick. I guess at some point a sensor could be developed to identify that "moment" as I guess some vapers don't notice it as much.... Although personally, I think I'd have little use for it.

However, I am not "everyone" and there are people who enjoy things like "puff counters" too. I am partial to mods with clocks, another "unnecessary" vaping innovation that I find handy, so who knows, really.
:
Anna

Reactions: Izan

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think they probably could make a mod with a technology that does this but it would increase the price a lot. It’s pretty easy to detect this by yourself so I doubt anyone would be willing to pay significantly more for a mod with technology that does the same thing your tastebuds do for free.

• Agree

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Elementary, it tastes nasty.
sWKksv2.jpg

Status