• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Did everybody relapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Thanks guys. Woke up remembering why I stopped doing this to myself. I'll get to a meeting today.

Kweb
Good for you! & thanks for checking in with us over here at Bill's Place.

I'm not concerned about the cigarettes...they don't affect our spirituality like the alcohol. Our serenity, sobriety, & spirituality are the most important things we have.

Love & Hugs
Bullette.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Good evening Foxman & r77
Cowdog checking in. Went to a good meeting tonight. Living Sober book study.

Hope Kweb is hanging in there. I understand Chicago has some great meetings. I've never been to a meeting there. Only ate pizza when I visited Chicago. LOL

Ps. Shoulda gone to meetings in Chicago. But that was then & this is now. :)

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
Good evening Foxman & r77
Cowdog checking in. Went to a good meeting tonight. Living Sober book study.

Hope Kweb is hanging in there. I understand Chicago has some great meetings. I've never been to a meeting there. Only ate pizza when I visited Chicago. LOL

Ps. Shoulda gone to meetings in Chicago. But that was then & this is now. :)

My dad spent 25 years in chi-town. Visited it twice over the years but only went to fish for 3 days at the pump out lake and kankakee river for huge cats. Did get invited to tell my story in Philly once, lol. Talk about steak and cheese sandwhiches UUUUUMMMMM

steps24hoursaday

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
idaho
www.mtbakervapor.com
Hey guys- doing better, thanks :) Still feeling a little edgy, but that's what meetings are for, right?

meeting ARE for that and when we get as the book says restless, irratable and discontent . the fellowship comes together and can save the day when we find that we are not alone and have the common disease of Alcoholism thus together we grow a merical has happend :)

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Hey guys- doing better, thanks :) Still feeling a little edgy, but that's what meetings are for, right?

Hi there Kweb
Glad you checked in. We're rootin' for ya' !!

This program saved my life. I was ready to check out. My life is so wonderful now. Better than I could ever have imagined a life for myself.

Peace, love, & serenity is there for you too. Just keep coming back. Ya' don't wanna leave before the miracle happens. :)

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Cowdog checking in
Howz it goin Kweb Foxman R7 & Step?

Feeling a bit puny tonight...just a sore throat...not vape related. So I'm skipping my meeting. Thought I'd check in with you guys here at Bill's place. The only things i drank today were water & grapefruit juice. :)

Since im missing my meeting, anyone got any wisdom to share?

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
I'm OK here in Bama Bullette. Getting MORE RAIN. I still have a slightly sore mouth after having my last 8 teeth pulled last week, but getting by ok. Only took the loratab for 24 hrs after getting them out, so soar ness is dwindelling now. But don't like taking them damn things, but had to have some releif for a day or so.Mom thought "
I was CRAZY for not taking them more, but shes not one of us, lol. Will have an interesting Area Confrence on march 8th. Were having a GSR Workshop and I was asked to give a 15 min talk on Unity in recovery. Looking forward to it EXCEPT having NO TEETH, lol. Gonna sound funny.

steps24hoursaday

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
idaho
www.mtbakervapor.com
Cowdog checking in
Howz it goin Kweb Foxman R7 & Step?

Feeling a bit puny tonight...just a sore throat...not vape related. So I'm skipping my meeting. Thought I'd check in with you guys here at Bill's place. The only things i drank today were water & grapefruit juice. :)

Since im missing my meeting, anyone got any wisdom to share?

sorry to hear that you are not feeling well
words of wisdom i do not have i just have the Grace that God gives me each day;
and this thought;
all i was,
all i am,
all i will ever be,
is what i give to my Higher Power each morning
in hopes to stay close to him and preform his work well :>)

steps24hoursaday

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
idaho
www.mtbakervapor.com
I'm OK here in Bama Bullette. Getting MORE RAIN. I still have a slightly sore mouth after having my last 8 teeth pulled last week, but getting by ok. Only took the loratab for 24 hrs after getting them out, so soar ness is dwindelling now. But don't like taking them damn things, but had to have some releif for a day or so.Mom thought "
I was CRAZY for not taking them more, but shes not one of us, lol. Will have an interesting Area Confrence on march 8th. Were having a GSR Workshop and I was asked to give a 15 min talk on Unity in recovery. Looking forward to it EXCEPT having NO TEETH, lol. Gonna sound funny.

So true we do need to be careful
you not want to here this but my drinking rotted my teeth and i was holding on to them and the doc said that my teeth were making me fell sick i really did'nt believe him they were just teeth and after the pain of having the rest pulled out I found out he was right i felt alot better and so shall you hang in there i know it is painful but soooo worth it in a few weeks when the pain is gone and felling great
WARNING do not goto your favorite seafood restraunt and ORDER fried clam strips as i did and eat them NOT A GOOD iDEA that being said i hope for a speedy recovery for you

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Good job on the use of your meds, Foxman. People may think we're crazy but we do what we gotta do. I've been blessed that I've been through a lot of moderate pain and an awful lot of nites I could've used a sleeping pill, but never had to ask for anything.
    Altho I wasn't addicted to them, for some reason I have more fear of prescription meds than non/booze.

I always try to keep in mind that altho I'm sober awhile, everyday is a new day and I have exactly as many hours sober today as a newcomer. My 3rd and last "bottom" was pretty low and I retain a healthy fear of a return to that.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Thanx for the words guys. I LIKED IT ALL, lol, but always came back to the booze. I didn't like the way they made me feel, so I keep them for ABSOLUTE Emergency's. Having a Deteriating disk is no fun and will only get worse as time goes on. But I have to almost be in tears before I take one. One thing about it is the B-Book says there ok aslong as you don't abuse them , but I just don't for that exact reason. I know what I am and hope I always have that healty fear.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Mornin guys :)
    Ouch. Sorry to hear about the teeth. Once the gums are healed, you will feel much better. Oh..you're gonna look good too.

Yes. Healthy teeth & gums are very important to our overall health. Many times poor dental health affects heart health. My family learned this lesson many years ago. My dad had a dental procedure done & the disturbed mouth bacteria from the procedure attacked his heart valve. It was a week or more before they found what was causing him to be so sick. Ultimately, he had his heart valve replaced. All because of teeth.

Here's to better health. (Cowdog raises coffee mug).

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    all i was,
    all i am,
    all i will ever be,
    is what i give to my Higher Power each morning
    in hopes to stay close to him and preform his work well :>)

Thanks Steps.
    Those are good words of wisdom.
    I'm gonna keep those words with me today. Fridays I work with my sponsee. I'll need my HP's help.

Bullette says woof!

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Washington State
    Hello everyone! How are you all? Looks like the last post was on Feb 22nd! C'mon lets keep the chat going ;-)

Anyone have anything exciting going on?
    Not much going on over here. Been going to alot of meetings this last weekend since my kiddos were out at their grandparents. So thankful for everyday I'm sober. My kids have never seen me drink and I plan to keep it that way :)

Foxman

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Hello everyone! How are you all? Looks like the last post was on Feb 22nd! C'mon lets keep the chat going ;-)

Anyone have anything exciting going on?
    Not much going on over here. Been going to alot of meetings this last weekend since my kiddos were out at their grandparents. So thankful for everyday I'm sober. My kids have never seen me drink and I plan to keep it that way :)

Hey BabyK. I'm good as gold. Told folks in the meeting Fri noon that I felt like I was a newcomer riding the Pink cloud lately, lol. I've been VERY blessed with an oportunity to POSSIBLY open up my own Vape Store either Mid Apr or first of may. Been Busy as you know what trying to get all my ducks in a row. I tell my higher power to give my a sign if it is his will, and so far everything has just fell into place. The PROMISES do come true, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread